Home

Tendencies question?

This is a discussion on Tendencies question? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tendencies question?

Hey guys just wondering if putting tendencies at 0 or 50 will make the cpu play to the players tendencies. Looking to make it feel as authentic as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Tendencies question?

Just test it

I have mine at 0 now post patch. I know 50 is supposed to give a balance but I think they clash with the coaching tendencies sometimes

Galaxy Note 2
Old 02-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Just test it

I have mine at 0 now post patch. I know 50 is supposed to give a balance but I think they clash with the coaching tendencies sometimes

Galaxy Note 2
Interestings. Have you noticed any big changes as far as CPU gameplay after doing this?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

Only had little time to play so it's hard to say. I see a difference from my old slider set for sure. I played Brooklyn last bit although I tweaked his personal tendencies too deron mixed it up

I also remember oj mayo taking a step back jumper on me which I don't remember seeing before

I'd seriously suggest you guys give it a shot because it's a great base to start off with

Galaxy Note 2
Old 02-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
Just started!

I think I have tried every slider out there and still cant the game to play realistically on 12 minutes. I went as far as verifying all of the stats in the NBA and some of them are way off...

All tendencies at 0 doesn't seem to work either - the opponents team starts to play very poorly and doesn't take any 3 pointers.

Instead of concentrating on the game I am constantly thinking about stats so I decided not to play on 12 minutes and just play at 8-9 - not the best solution but at least I'm not going to be changing my sliders every single game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

That's definitely not my problem and the open 3 pointer issue is one I see a lot of people complain about so why you aren't seeing any 3 point shots is mind boggling to me. What sliders are you using

Galaxy Note 2
Old 02-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
Just started!

I never said it was your problem. Everyone has their way of playing this game, and for some reason all tendencies at 0 just doesn't work for me. That doesn't mean that these sliders are not good as some people enjoy them.

I have tried all sliders, the latest ones were pretty much what you have suggested in another post - lower vertical, strength, offensive awareness and all tendencies at 0. That didnt work so I tried modifying them but still no luck.

As I said previously I compare all my stats to official games and results, and no slider comes close. Its either 80% of shots coming from the paint or no 3 pointers at all.

Could you maybe post your exact slider settings?
Old 02-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvS2
lower vertical, strength, offensive awareness and all tendencies at 0
I meant lower vertical and INCREASE strength and offensive awareness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »