Home

Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

This is a discussion on Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

I like these alot

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

This is a nice set. Thx for sharing
Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
This is a nice set. Thx for sharing
No problem! Glad they're playing well for you. I've pretty much "settled" on these for now,(at least to the extent a slider-holic can settle lol) prob except for the Strength slider, as I haven't really tested that at the extremes to see what the effect really is. Work's been crazy.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Just had a quick try with these one quarter as it's 1am here... Like the feel of this set although I had to turn down passing lanes tendencie as they were intercepting left right and centre. Also how do these play out for user shot instead of real %?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
Haven't tested with User Timing for shooting, actually haven't used that setting in years, which makes me wanna try it and see the difference.

My guess is maybe raise the shooting sliders a click or two to account for timing being more important.... but not sure.

But yeah if you raise the Play Passing Lanes this high after playing at default for awhile it can be jarring. I haven't felt the effect as I immediately raised it prety much since the first day or so I've had the game, so I've been *conditioned* to it. Might even raise it to 90 for User, as it could reduce some CPU cheese and I'm thinking promote more spontaneous fast breaks off steals.

I think no matter where you put the CPU slider, I'd still recommend raising it to at least 75 for the User, due to the CPU completing just silly passes while your teammates watch.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Holliday, i am actually using many of your suggestions to observe cpu v cpu play. Some of your tweaks were already similar to what Ive done but you definitely went deeper with all of the sliders. Im still tweaking but this is a solid start. Did u have a set that u used for 2k13?
Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Holliday, i am actually using many of your suggestions to observe cpu v cpu play. Some of your tweaks were already similar to what Ive done but you definitely went deeper with all of the sliders. Im still tweaking but this is a solid start. Did u have a set that u used for 2k13?
Pretty similar with regard to Offense, Defense & some attribute tweaks but there were a lot more sliders in 2K13 that I either left at default or only slightly tweaked.

With this game I guess because of the excitement of next gen and just how crazy real it looks, I've been a little more into the tweaking. Just more determined to "fix" anything that pulls you out of the immersion, because it just plays so beautifully with the right tweaks.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Old 02-13-2014, 02:18 AM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Just realized you took down Backdoor cuts...
Good looking out, I see your thought process
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 03:45 AM   #16
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Haven't tested with User Timing for shooting, actually haven't used that setting in years, which makes me wanna try it and see the difference.

My guess is maybe raise the shooting sliders a click or two to account for timing being more important.... but not sure.

But yeah if you raise the Play Passing Lanes this high after playing at default for awhile it can be jarring. I haven't felt the effect as I immediately raised it prety much since the first day or so I've had the game, so I've been *conditioned* to it. Might even raise it to 90 for User, as it could reduce some CPU cheese and I'm thinking promote more spontaneous fast breaks off steals.

I think no matter where you put the CPU slider, I'd still recommend raising it to at least 75 for the User, due to the CPU completing just silly passes while your teammates watch.
Shooting sliders work fine for me as is with Shot Stick Timing. I was draining Js left & right w/Melo & Batum the last 2 games I played.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »