Home

Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

This is a discussion on Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

Every year w/2K I spend a lot time tweaking sliders and checking out the OS forums, but haven't started many threads. But with next gen here I've def been more into it than ever.

Been having some pretty good games with the below tweaks vs Hum and the CPU, as I've been continually tweaking, testing, tweaking some more. Figured I'll post them here and see how they play for others.

Coupla peeves for me personally with the game:

Blocked jumpers. I can't stand seeing guys flying around like crazy blocking J's on closeouts and just covering ridiculous ground sailing out for the block. I've been on a crusade of sorts to eliminate any and all unrealistic blocking on the perimeter and these settings go a long way toward my goal.

Rebounding is pretty bad at default. It's like the ball hits the rim and one, maybe two guys "want the rebound" and other guys give pathetic attempts at it, maybe lift an arm slightly or throw up both arms awkwardly.

So you'll see regarding these two areas where I went with the tweaks to "fix" them for me.

Note: I've only played on Superstar/10 min quarters with these and have no idea how they'd play on diff difficulty levels.

Settings:

Shooting: Real %'s
FT: User Timing
Game Speed: 48
FT Difficulty: 60
Defensive Assist Strength: 0
Automatic Shot Contest: Manual

Sliders (HUM/CPU):

OFFENSE:
Inside Shot Success: 30/30 (Updated 3/19/14--Previously 30/30)
Close Shot Success: 35/35 (Updated 3/19/14--Previously 40/40) Can't spam the paint, shots inside have no "money shot" feel
Mid-Range Success: 43/43--There will be open misses, maybe a couple even from stars, but they'll still connect on a good % without getting ridiculous
3PT Success: (Updated) 44/44--Again, just want some open misses but still fear good shooters
Layup Success: 44/44 (Updated 3/19/14--Previously 45/43)--Well-defended layups will miss occasionally. I had a slight advantage for Hum at 45/43, but as I get better at taking it to the rim just wanted to slightly reduce my success rate while increasing the CPU's slightly to equal Hum
Dunk In Traffic Freq: 65/65--Want to see more guys like Blake, Deandre etc rising from under the rim like they should, loving this setting. Tried it at 70 and it seemed to open up the "arcade" element, with way too many posters and flashy dunks on routine drives, appearing very unrealistic. Brought it back to 65 where it seems perfect for me
Dunk In Traffic Success: 50/50
Pass Accuracy: 45/35 (Updated 3/19/14--Previously 46/40) I like to see guys making mistakes, just flat out making bad throws at times, and it's unpredictable but you're never throwing away obvious passes that should be completed--the risky ones just become WAY more risky. Also, even at 35 the CPU seems to still make fewer mistakes than you do on passes but they will botch the risky throws as well
Alley-Oop Success: 35/35--I hate seeing oops right down the middle of a crowded lane
Contact Shot Success: 52/52 (updated--previously: 49/49): Couple and-1's happening here and there

DEFENSE:
Driving Contact Shot Freq: 85/85--Have to have an opening to get a clean layup/dunk off
Inside Contact Shot Freq: 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff): 65/65
Layup Defense Strength (Release): 50/50
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather): 55/55
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release): 35/35--I like these sliders, guys in the league are way more often *there in the vicinity/hand up* but not literally all over the release which is a foul IRL
Help D Strength: 40/100--Seems to make the CPU fully commit on help so you can move the ball and find a shooter/cutter. Lower for User so your teammates aren't so desperate to "help" but it still happens too often. We just need defensive settings back bad
Steal Success: 40/40

ATTRIBUTES:
Quickness: 48/48--To reduce the at-times "twitchy" feel of movement just a bit
Vertical: 15/15--This is what solved one of the things I hated most, blocked jumpers. Even with Blocks at 0 as you'll see below, blocks still happened too much, seemingly because of the "live-ness" of the ball = if you got a hand in the ball's path you will block it. So now guys aren't elevating ridiculously and covering 10 ft in the air on closeouts to block a 3PT attempt. It appears this helps also with small guards sailing into the lane and snatching boards from Kevin Love & Roy Hibbert. They just can't elevate like that and now height is mattering again
Strength: 70/70--Still playing with this, I saw somewhere higher strength reduces the suction/bumping on the perimeter. Still have to do a "0-50-100" test on this to see where I wanna leave it
Stamina: 50/50
Speed: 45/38--It seems on SS difficulty this disparity makes you about "even" with the CPU where CPU Parker will outrun me w/Conley, but CPU Splitter won't
Durability: 50/50
Hustle: 50/50
Ball Handling: 48/35--Brings the CPU dribbling down to Earth a bit
Hands: 50/50
Dunking Ability: 45/45
On-Ball Defense: 80/80--Still can blow by slower players, but it will take work to get around a good quick perimeter defender. Makes you start prioritizing P&R's and running plays more instead of just iso'ing in one spot
Stealing: 50/50
Blocking: 0/0--At 0 there's still adequate rejections every game
Off Awareness: 65/60 (updated 3/1/14--previously: 50/50)--CPU becomes relentless, gets into their offense quicker, just more aggressive
Defensive Awareness: 65/60--Just to make defenders away from the ball a bit smarter
Off Rebounding: 80/75 (updated 3/1/14--previously: 75/70)--At default players just don't go after rebounds. Had to increase this to see guys start actually jumping and reaching to try to get the ball. The CPU can get a little outrageous at times on the O boards so a 5pt spread between Hum D REBS & CPU O REBS helps.
Def Rebounding: 80/80 (updated 3/1/14--previously: 75/75)--Same as above, increased so guys are actually trying, instead of letting it go to the only guy who "wants" it
Consistency: 50/50
Fatigue Rate: 55/60--This seems to help when the CPU is about to go on one of their super runs, they're running breaks a lot, jumping passing lanes, turbo'ing around. They'll fatigue a little faster and it'll bring them back to Earth quicker, that's my thinking at least
Injury Freq: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50

TENDENCIES:
Take Inside Shots: 50/10
Take Close Shots: 50/10
Take Mid-Range Shots: 50/90--Love seeing the CPU pulling up and coming over screens and looking to shoot if they're open.
Take 3PT Shots: 50/85
Post Shots: 50/70--Finally seeing them start using guys in the post
Attack The Basket: 50/10--It seems crazy but there will still be an adequate amount of the CPU attacking the rim at this setting
Look For Post: 50/65
Throw Alley-Oops: 50/25
Attempt Dunks: 48/48
Attempt Putbacks: 40/40--Reduced a bit because like with the Rebounding sliders, I just wanted to see more guys trying to just get the board.
Play Passing Lanes: 80/80--To discourage risky passes
Go For On-Ball Steals: 15/15
Contest Shots: 35/35--In 2K every player contests every shot with 100% focus and reflexes, while IRL that's not the case. Also my boys like it because it discourages playing off-ball, if we want to make sure we're always contesting shooters we have to do it ourselves
Backdoor Cuts: 10/10

FOULS:
Over the Back Freq: 100/100---All the foul sliders raised to get more fouls and more "bad/questionable" calls
Charging Foul Freq: 100/100
Blocking Foul Freq: 90/90
Reaching Foul Freq: 100/100
Shooting Foul Freq: 65/65
Loose Ball Foul Freq: 100/100

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."

Last edited by HOLLIDAY1183; 03-19-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

these look good man...although i like to play on all star 12 mins might plug them in with this see how it goes....just a bugger i'm off to work in an hour then off to watch my team play after (Hull City) i won't be able to try them till tomorrow now !!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Will have to try these out. I saw in another thread that you were able to get the CPU offense to go to the post players. That his been my main issue with the game post patch#4, the cpu will do pull up jumpers more and pull up off the dribble it seems even with the midrange tendency at 50 but they cpu will not work the post. Has this still been happening for you with these sliders?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Gonna try these out!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Billy Batson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Will have to try these out. I saw in another thread that you were able to get the CPU offense to go to the post players. That his been my main issue with the game post patch#4, the cpu will do pull up jumpers more and pull up off the dribble it seems even with the midrange tendency at 50 but they cpu will not work the post. Has this still been happening for you with these sliders?

just played against the griz, they effectively went to Marc gasol in the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNLV Rebels
Newcastle United
LV Black Knights?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

Just had a quick try with these one quarter as it's 1am here... Like the feel of this set although I had to turn down passing lanes tendencie as they were intercepting left right and centre. Also how do these play out for user shot instead of real %?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #7
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

These play really well. I agree on the play the passing lane slider. I turned it down to 25 and that seemed to be working well. Overall great slider set.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
Rookie

moth to a flame's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Played my first game against the Bulls and Boozer is getting tons of feeds in the post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »