Home

My try at All Star sliders 12 min qtrs

This is a discussion on My try at All Star sliders 12 min qtrs within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
My try at All Star sliders 12 min qtrs

First off I am not a slider creator and I have never put together a slider set before until these so if these play horribly for you then I am sorry.

I think I have tried just about every set I have seen posted on this site from the all-star to the HOF ones but I just couldn't find a set that I truly thought fit my style. I just finished playing a full 82 game season and like I said tried just about every combination I found on this site during the season. It wasn't until the last 20 games did I start my own tweaking because I just felt both me and the CPU seemed a bit unstoppable and games got to be quite boring because every game was up close to the 120's and both teams were always shooting like over 50%.

It just happens that this combination has worked outstanding for me over the last 20 games.

Difficulty: All-Star
Play Style: Simulation
Shooting: User timing
FT: Real FT
Game Speed: 46
FT Difficulty: N/A
Defensive Assist Strength: 50
Automatic Shot Contest: Manual

Sliders (HUM/CPU):
OFFENSE:
Inside Shot Success: 45/48
Close Shot Success: 45/48
Mid-Range Success: 47/50
3PT Success: 47/49
Layup Success: 48/48
Dunk In Traffic Freq: 55/55
Dunk In Traffic Success: 42/42
Pass Accuracy: 52/52
Alley-Oop Success: 45/45
Contact Shot Success: 52/52 you see a few and 1's here and there so it's always cool when you do get one haha.
DEFENSE:
Driving Contact Shot Freq: 88/88
Inside Contact Shot Freq: 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff):100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Release): 100/100
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather): 100/100
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release):100/100
Help D Strength: 50/50
Steal Success: 25/25

ATTRIBUTES:
Quickness: 48/48
Vertical: 15/15
Strength: 50/55
Stamina: 50/50
Speed: 45/45
Durability: 50/50
Hustle: 50/50
Ball Handling: 50/50
Hands: 56/56
Dunking Ability: 45/45
On-Ball Defense:70/70
Stealing: 50/52
Blocking: 0/0
Off Awareness:55/65
Def Awareness: 55/70
Off Rebounding: 65/65
Def Rebounding: 70/75
Consistency: 50/60
Fatigue Rate: 52/52
Injury Freq: N/A
Injury Severity: N/A

TENDENCIES:
Take Inside Shots: 50/10
Take Close Shots: 50/10
Take Mid-Range Shots: 50/90
Take 3PT Shots: 50/70
Post Shots: 50/80
Attack The Basket: 50/10
Look For Post: 50/65
Throw Alley-Oops: 50/40
Attempt Dunks: 50/50
Attempt Putbacks: 65/65
Play Passing Lanes: 35/35
Go For On-Ball Steals: 15/15
Contest Shots: 40/50
Backdoor Cuts: 10/10

FOULS:
Over the Back Freq: 100/100
Charging Foul Freq: 100/100
Blocking Foul Freq: 85/85
Reaching Foul Freq: 100/100
Shooting Foul Freq: 85/85
Loose Ball Foul Freq: 100/100

Just a couple notes. I play with progressive fatigue off and injuries off. I let the CPU call the plays for me and I also let the CPU change the POE. Of course if during a game the POE that are set make no sense then I change them myself but for whatever reason the CPU seems to be play better when the POE is set to CPU control so I just leave it.

Also I almost always switch to the defender that is on the ball. Whether that is on the perimeter or in the post. Some people who play defense a lot better than me can probably do even better against the CPU with these settings. Or I guess if you let the CPU play more defense and you use a player off the ball I would guess the CPU might have a higher shooting percentage.

With these settings I am seeing around 41-47 FG% for me and about 41-45% for the CPU. Most games though I have been around 44% and the CPU 42%. There have been a couple games where the CPU was at 46% but I haven't played a game where the CPU has shot over 50%.

There were a handful of games where I held the CPU to like 38 or 39% from the field but that was also because I was playing a couple not very good teams. The good teams play you tough but the teams that you are way better than I was able to win easily by like 15 to 20 points.

Also I can't stress this enough. If in the post crowd the CPU players make it tough for them to score. They will miss close shots if you are challenging there shots. If you don't really challenge them they will score basically every time unless it's a player who has like no offensive ability and they will probably still miss.

Same with when your players are in the post. If the CPU has you engaged and you try to force your way through the CPU you won't make many shots. Use the moves at your disposal like the fadeaway and the hook shots.

I guess in general these sliders will keep the scores from getting up into the 120's but the trade-off is at least for me you won't be shooting like 55% like I was and you are going to miss some extremely easy shots over the course of the game that with other sets probably go in and I just accepted that because I wanted lower scores.

The roster I am using was skyc989's or I think something close to that. So I have no idea how these will play with another roster.

I am just an average to below average 2k player so players who are really good these sliders might be extremely easy for you and if you aren't the best player then hopefully you will find these fun and challenging like I have.

If any of you try these feel free to post the results you get. Again I am no slider creator or anything so like I said above if these play horribly for you I am sorry and I wish you luck in finding a set that you like!

EDIT: And I realized I didn't post this in the right forum so apologizes for that. If a MOD could please move this to the slider forum I would appreciate it thank you.

Last edited by BlingBling19; 03-14-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: My try at All Star sliders 12 min qtrs

Gonna try these! And tell you then what i think.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

While continuing to use these one thing I have realized while the games are close and fun I have won almost every game which doesn't seem very realistic.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:28 AM   #4
Pro

I feel you. I hate that also when i am always winning.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0

Somehow the games are tight in the 1st half, but in the 2nd I allways pull away. On every other set itīs the opposite.
Maybe putting the fatigue for HUM a bit higher? Even the stats are looking good, but the game is different anyway. Really weird this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Somehow the games are tight in the 1st half, but in the 2nd I allways pull away. On every other set itīs the opposite.
Maybe putting the fatigue for HUM a bit higher? Even the stats are looking good, but the game is different anyway. Really weird this year.

Ive noticed that as well but also in other sets i that issue....
Maybe on superstar or HOF its different?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Why would putting the Human Fatigue higher help decrease second half human runs?

Decreasing it would.

Consistency (I think) too.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh really? I always thought the higher the value the quicker they get tired?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »