Home

WaitTilNextYear's 2K14 Realistic Superstar Sliders

This is a discussion on WaitTilNextYear's 2K14 Realistic Superstar Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2014, 05:15 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: WaitTilNextYear's 2K14 Realistic Superstar Sliders

Looking for a new set of sliders, really want to like this game but its getting ruined for me due to cpu incessantly driving to the basket and ignoring any post ups, mid range etc just playing normal team bball. haven't tried these yet, but a little worried because the games that acidfrehley are posting the points in the paint are way too high for the cpu. 50+ points in paint consistently when the team is scoring less than 100 total is too high
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Have not tried this set with HoF and have no interest in doing that. Too much cheese on HoF...sliders can't overcome all the cheese imo. There are already a couple of sets in the 2K slider forum that are meant for HoF.

I will be starting my 2nd season in MyGM but I want to make some slider adjustments to make it more difficult first. Nothing drastic, just a little fine tuning.

My advice to people who find these settings too easy is to tweak it so it works for you--it's intended as a base set, everyone plays different, so it's nothing to be followed religiously. If it's still too easy for you, then you're probably better off using sliders meant for a higher difficulty setting.
Got it. I've never actually played a game in HoF. Didn't knew about the cheese and stuff. I'll stick with superstar as I'm having great games. I just miss losing, lol.

About the other post related to the 3pt% I'm playing with user 3pt on 48 and CPU on 46. That's the only adjustment that I've made so far. And still using shot stick. I hate playing with real%.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #83
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I am looking into ways to tighten up the gameplay and make it a tad more difficult to win while staying away from cheesy HoF mode. I want to keep the parts of these sliders that are working well, but improve on a few things also.

So, rather than just shooting in the dark and going purely by feel, I decided to use a data-driven approach. I compiled and averaged stats for the last 15 games I played with this set (I feel that more recent games are a truer indication of my current skill level) and I was actually surprised at some of the data that came up.

Check out the table below; the data are given in per game units and the 3 columns correspond to my team (PHI), the cpu (OPP), and the best NBA per team average stats I could find for comparison (NBA). In other words, to make this a truer sim, the closer the PHI and OPP numbers are to NBA, the better--although these NBA values are averages. Only one or two teams will realistically play at an "average" level, while most teams will be a bit spread out from this to both extremes.

Code:
	PHI	OPP	NBA
PPG	99.1	96.4	101.0
FGM	39.4	38.0	37.7
FGA	88.2	90.6	83.0
FTM	12.6	12.7	17.8
FTA	19.2	18.1	23.6
3PM	7.9	7.6	7.7
3PA	24.4	24.4	21.5
Dunks	6.3	2.9	6.0
FB PTS	13.9	9.0	13.0
PiP	51.1	42.0	41.6
2nd PTS	9.8	8.3	13.0
Bench	34.0	27.5	30.8
AST	23.3	21.0	22.0
OREB	9.8	10.5	10.9
DREB	41.9	41.3	31.8
STL	7.2	8.6	7.7
BLK	5.6	2.6	4.7
TO	12.6	12.2	14.6
Fouls	13.3	14.1	20.7

FG%	44.6	41.9	45.0
FT%	65.4	70.4	75.9
3P%	32.2	31.3	35.7
  1. My first point of emphasis is I need to raise the cpu shooting sliders. The cpu was shooting only 41.9% from the field, which is well below average. The cpu was also shooting about 4% lower than average on 3's. I am going to raise the cpu's shooting sliders all by 1 click and the mid-range and 3PT by 2 clicks each and see how that goes.

2. Secondly, both my team and the cpu are shooting too low on FTs. I thought this would get better as I learned my guys' motions, but it's still low. I am going to lower the FT difficulty slider from 55 to 50 and see if it does the trick. Using the shot stick timing really makes this tougher.

3. Third, it looks like there are too many possessions per game for both teams. There are 5-8 more shots per game per team than average, which is leading to 5-10 more defensive rebounds per game than there should be. To limit the number of possessions, I will try lowering the speed and quickness by 1 click for both USER and CPU. Raising the FG and FT sliders should also lead to fewer defensive boards.

4. The turnovers are also a bit low, which is leading to too many possessions that end in shots, so I will try decreasing hands and ball handling sliders by 3 clicks each for both USER and CPU. Hopefully this will result in a couple of basketballs that squirt through players' hands instead of adding cheesy steals. Only need to eek out 1-2 more TOs per game here.

5. The cpu is light on blocks, so I am going to raise up their blocking slider from 65 to 80. I don't want to touch the vert because that will influence rebounding etc.

6. The fouls are actually pretty good compared to most other sets, but we are still about 5 fouls too few per team per game. I am going to try and eek out some more fouls by boosting the layup defense strength takeoff and release from 72 to 90. I am also going to raise the jump shot defense strength (gather) from 60 to 75 and the jump shot defense strength (release) from 45 to 60. Hopefully this added tight defense will create more contact. I will also raise contest shots for USER and CPU both from 52 to 55 to maybe get a few more fouls on jump shot and-1s.

7. I am going to decrease USER dunking ability from 50 to 45, dunk-in-traffic success from 50 to 45, dunk in traffic freq from 65 to 60, and layup success from 47 to 45 to make it a bit tougher to score in the paint. I have been getting about 50% of my points in the paint, while the average NBA team gets closer to 40% (the NBA-leading Pistons get 52% by comparison).

8. Finally, I just want to make a few general tweaks to add a little more challenge. Some of the changes already made (boosting cpu shooting sliders, blocking sliders, and decreasing USER finishing around the rim) will do this so I don't want to over do it. But, some changes I will make to USER sliders to increase difficulty (in addition to those above): HUS -2, On-ball D -2, blocking -1, O AWR -2, D AWR -2, consistency -2

9. Some changes to cpu sliders to increase difficulty (in addition to those above): contact shot success +2, O AWR +2, D AWR +2, consistency +2, take 3's -2, backdoor cuts +2

Finally, I am not going to update the OP with these changes until I've had a chance to test these. These are still experimental and it'll take 5-10 games to see if the changes are doing what they're supposed to.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #84
Rookie

Hey man I'm loving the sliders, they're definitely the best I've tried so far. The only problem I have with the games I've played so far is that I always jack up at least 100 shots is there anything I can do to get more in the 80-90 FGA per game? That's the number I've been seeing from a lot of the box scores above. Thanks for making some great sliders man! And here's some stats from a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #85
Rookie

I accidentally put the wrong stats up here is the one I meant to put up I was the Warriors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #86
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Take a look at my post above. I have identified some changes I want to test and one of the issues is decreasing FGA for both teams. I need to test it out.

But, looking at your stats (thanks for the stats), I'm not sure it'll help--you play a lot faster than I do. I run a decent amount of plays (1/3 to 1/2 of my possessions) and swing the ball around. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen 30 fast break points in a game that I've played.

If I find a good way to turn down the FGA, I'll add it to the sliders. But, you may end up needing to go to shorter quarters to get the stats you're looking for.

EDIT: As an interesting note I averaged 88.2 shots per game in 2K with Philly and the real-life 76ers were 2nd in the NBA with 87.2 shots per game. So, I'm not sure how bad of an issue this is--for my style of play at least. Seems somewhat realistic.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-06-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #87
Rookie

Thanks man I'll give those edits a try and let you know how they work out! And I do run and gun a lot so that's probably the problem for me.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #88
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

Will the changes be made on the first page too

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »