Home

Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft classes)

This is a discussion on Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft classes) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft ...

KayOtic Sliders 2013-2014 for Cam's Complete Rosters
Updated Mar 23, 2014
Ver 2.0

Up coming: Ver 2.5
shot stick edits as needed
Tendencies re edits as needed
Time Frame: Depends on how long it takes me to set in on shot stick edits to feel like they are right but i don't think they are to far off
Tendencies adjustments shouldn't take that long as i think they are almost right

Ver 2 changes

Lowering Quickness and speed made me able to go to 12 minute quarters without the always scoring 100 and shooting 100 shots the game speed does speed up the clock "weird" but it works
Game Speed:60
Quarter length:12
Sim Quarter length:12

Only changes i have to still work on is the changes for shot stick success as i been playing with real player because a lot of people were asking for it...it has been so hard to come up with the numbers for real player and these are the best i can come up with I AM SO HAPPY to go back to shot stick success i thought i liked real player fg% but it wasn't for me those out there who likes it Enjoy
Offense
Inside Shot Success
Real Player% 42/45 -> 44/45

Close Shot Success
Real Player% 41/44 -> 43/44

Mid-Range Success
Real Player% 45/48 -> 41/42

3PT Success
Real Player% 44/47 -> 42/43

Layup Success
Real Player% 45/48 -> 50/52

Dunk in Traffic Frequency
Real Player% 57/58 -> 48/52
Shot stick:60 -> 48/52

Contact Shot Success
Real Player% 57/62 -> 59/60
Shot stick:52 -> 48/52

Upped Gather and Release strength to stop the automatic feel to some shots
the Biggest change in Ver 2 is the help D slider 10 for hum stops players from leaving there man because cpu has just 1 step and the 80 for cpu helps close of the lane faster helping with the ability to score inside easily
Defense
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER:55 -> 58/60
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE:65 -> 63/65
Help Defense Strength:55/65 -> 10/80

Minor changes to vert quickness and speed to slow the game down help with blocks second biggest change is the strength change this was the only setting i could use to help with the UNNECESSARY bumping there will be bumping as basketball is way more physical then people think but it won't happen at a high unrealistic rate also turned back up consistency way to many cold streaks and just not being able to hit a jumper with new shot numbers for Real player % stamina got a 2 point bump to help with back to back but that being said i had to also bump up fatigue rate a 1 point so you still feel how hard it is to win a back 2 back games
Attributes
Quickness:35 -> 25
Vertical:30 -> 20
Strength:30/45 -> 100/40
Stamina:48 -> 50
Speed:45 -> 25
Consistency:20/25 -> 40/42
Fatigue Rate:51-> 52

At 0 teams were pulling up for to many mid range jumpers but i couldn't just put up one thing so i had to scrap my tendencies theory and go the traditional route as you see mid range still higher than anything else attack basket is still low because at higher numbers cpu doesn't "set up" offense sets they just attack at 15 i saw enough attacking from the outside but still pull up it depends on the player these STILL NEED TWEAKING but will do for now i will make more tweaks in ver 2.5
Tendencies
Take Inside Shots:0 -> 0/25
Take Close Shots:0 -> 0/25
Take Mid-Range Shots:0 -> 0/75
Take 3Pt Shots:0/50 -> 0/60
Post Shots:0 -> 0/45
Attack the Basket:0 -> 0/15
Look for Post Players:0 -> 0/45
Attempt dunks 55 -> 55/70

• Provide A real sim style basketball Experience
  • Make the game "feel" like an NBA experience
  • Provide a challenge with the "cpu cheating"

Okay every sliders set is a base set that you should edit to your ability without changing the principles of the sliders I have put a lot of work into these ALOT more than i thought i would but i like the "feel" but more important stats are on point I will post scores and team avg. but for now i don't want people going from my numbers to base YOUR opinion I made major changes from my other set this set will include both shooting stick and Real Player % numbers I found out how to tell what sliders effect player ratings (its a lot to explain just know i did a lot of work) I went with a Zero Base for the Tendencies so that Rem roster could shine and it does just that..Also slowed the game made it more physical and i am seeing the foul numbers I want

Things that need work blue means fixed
-FLUIDITY
-LESS SUCTION

-More 3pt cpu attempts*
-More CPU assist*
-Lower Scoring games
SweetSpot
Any thing that is this color is the my "perfect" number for THIS sliders set for that particular attribute
example
Speed 45

Being Look at for changed
Example
Speed 45
Anything Black is not being looked at for changed nor has been claim as SweetSpot at this time

People Using Real% those numbers are below the Shot Stick Numbers Use those numbers if you choose Real Player% for the above Shot Success
Example
Shot Stick Inside Shot Success:37
Real Player% 42/45
the bold numbers are the numbers you use for Real Player%

Last edited by bronco92; 08-31-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft ...

I am Using Real Player for both Shooting and Free Throws if anyone cared lol
Game Settings
Difficulty: All-Star

Game Speed:60

Quarter length:12 Minutes
Sim Quarter length:12

Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Shooting Type: Shot Stick/Real Player%
FT Shooting Type: Shot Stick/Real Player%
Free Throw Difficulty:60
Real Player% 100
My Controller - Controller Settings
Contest:Manual
Defensive Assist Strength:0
If having problems with staying in front of ball handlers bump up by 10 until problem fixed

Offense (H/C)
Shot Stick Inside Shot Success:37
Real Player% 44/45

Shot Stick Close Shot Success:39
Real Player% 43/44

Shot Stick Mid-Range Success:43
Real Player% 41/42

Shot Stick 3PT Success:46
Real Player% 42/43

Shot Stick Layup Success:50
Real Player% 50/52

Shoot Stick Dunk in Traffic Frequency:48/52
Real Player% 48/52

Shoot Stick Dunk in Traffic Success:48/52
Real Player% 48/52

Pass Accuracy:52
Real Player% 52

Alley-Oop Success:50
Real Player% 50

Shot Stick Contact Shot Success:61
Real Player% 59/60

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency:85
Inside Contact Shot Frequency:100
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF:75
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE:85
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER:58/60
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE:63/65
Help Defense Strength:10/80
Steal Success:42/50

Attributes (H/C)
Quickness:25
Vertical:20
Helps with block jump shot and all block numbers I would put this lower but it would lower ALL players to the same Vert Attribute
Strength:100/40
Most important Defense of slider there is IMO
Stamina:50
Speed:25
Durability:55
Hustle:50
Ball Handling:58/60
Helps Big Man have more Control in the post harder to just double in poke the ball out also helps elite ball handlers be elite
Hands:50
Dunking Ability:45
On-Ball Defense:45/65
Makes it harder to blow pass CPU
Stealing:50
Blocking:0
Makes block shoots more realistic and its more about physics with this at 0
Offensive Awareness:60
highest i can go without it making everyones Awareness 99
Defensive Awareness:70
highest i can go without it making everyones Awareness 99
Offensive Rebounding:50/55
Defensive Rebounding:50/55
Consistency:40/42
Helps with how fast someone gets hot and cold
Fatigue Rate:52
Injury Frequency:15
Injury Severity:30

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots:0/25
Take Close Shots:0/25
Take Mid-Range Shots:0/75
Take 3Pt Shots:0/60
Post Shots:0/45
Attack the Basket:0/15
Look for Post Players:0/45
Throw Alley-Oops:50
Attempt Dunks:55/70
Attempt Putbacks:55
Play Passing Lanes:40
Go for On-Ball Steals:65/80
Contest Shots:55
Backdoor Cuts:50

Fouls (H/C)
Over the Back Foul Frequency:100
Charging Foul Frequency:100
Blocking Foul Frequency:100
Reaching Foul Frequency:90
Shooting Foul Frequency:85/90
Loose Ball Foul Frequency:100

Last edited by KayOtic723; 03-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

I will try these.

You might as well turn all the fouls up to 100. It's the only way to get a realistic amount of (fouls) FT's.

Also you will see more blocking fouls against the defender that is riding the ball handler. It will help when the dribbler is running by somebody but (force field) the defender slide in place to stop or slow you down.

I get 2-3 per game and at 45 players will jump into the shooter without a foul called but it will stop you from going by them.

Last edited by keshunleon; 02-20-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Let's ball baby Post Patch Sliders For Cam's Complete Roster(Fictional draft clas

I'll try them out as well tonight. I loved the set before patch 4.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 02-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

I found a slider set that played decent, but was still missing that feel to it. So I'm hoping these sliders give that basketball feel to the game.

Trying them out now. I'll post box scores after I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

1 quarter in.

Rockets (me): 24
Warriors (CPU): 29

Overall, it feels alright. The speed is a little too high, making motions unrealistic. Very fast paced so far. Other than the speed, my only complaint would be the amount of 3pt shots taken by the CPU. The Warriors have taken 12 3-pointers in the first quarter. Even if they're defended perfectly, they pull-up and somehow hit them. I'm still seeing 6'2" PGs getting rebounds over 6'11" centers, which is very irritating.

But, I'm very critical of sliders. They feel alright. I'll see how they run the rest of the game.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #7
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
1 quarter in.

Rockets (me): 24
Warriors (CPU): 29

Overall, it feels alright. The speed is a little too high, making motions unrealistic. Very fast paced so far. Other than the speed, my only complaint would be the amount of 3pt shots taken by the CPU. The Warriors have taken 12 3-pointers in the first quarter. Even if they're defended perfectly, they pull-up and somehow hit them. I'm still seeing 6'2" PGs getting rebounds over 6'11" centers, which is very irritating.

But, I'm very critical of sliders. They feel alright. I'll see how they run the rest of the game.
This is what i need though i love it I'm still working on rebounding and thats the most 3-pt shots I've seen by a team in a quarter
Old 02-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Halftime.

Rockets (me): 50
Warriors (CPU): 47

This quarter played a little better. I still am seeing waaay too many outside shots taken. Every single chance they get to take a 3PT shot or a long 2, they take it. No matter what. No one is attacking the basket like most NBA players do. In the first half, I totaled 10 offensive rebounds (Dwight with 6).

The Rockets are known for their high scoring games. They're known for making teams pay by hitting open threes. I can't seem to get anything going, despite getting "Excellent" timing and consistent B or better shot grade. I've gone 5/22 from 3PT land, a staggering 23%.

I'm not going to hassle you too much on this, but instead make changes to the sliders myself. Overall though, the sliders aren't bad by any means. I'll just lower the speed, lower outside shooting tendencies, increase attacking the basket, and tack on a few points to 3PT success (for both clubs; CPU +1, HUM +3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
This is what i need though i love it I'm still working on rebounding and thats the most 3-pt shots I've seen by a team in a quarter
Yeah I understand these are a work in progress, and not a final product by any means. Which is why I'm offering my insight and hoping to help a little in the process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »