Home

NBA 2k14 "The Eccentric Edition" - Superstar Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 "The Eccentric Edition" - Superstar Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #49
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k14 "The Eccentric Edition" - Superstar Slider Set

Where's the update!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #50
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Where's the update!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I'm still working out a few kinks with my newest set. The CPU defense is playing great and reacting/rotating VERY well, but I still think there's a little room for improvement there. Also, your AI-controlled teammates don't have quite the same reactions/rotation on defense yet, so I'm working on that.

The hardest part is nailing down the CPU tendencies. One small tweak leads to lightning-fast offense, way too many points in the paint, ridiculously high shooting percentages, etc., while another small tweak has the opposite affect and yields too many jumpshots (many contested), and just overall unrealistic gameplay. Smoothing this out is my biggest challenge, as I have to make it work alongside my defensive tweaks for the user's AI teammates.

This is taking a little longer than usual because I essentially reset all of my sliders to the Simulation setting and worked from there with minor tweaks. I am also trying to pinpoint the absolute-best Game Speed setting, which is just adding to my frustration. Finding the right Game Speed setting is essential IMO, as it has a great affect on the overall "feel" of the game. Player movement, ball movement, and overall animation speed are all affected by this one setting, and I just HAVE to get it right.

My goal is to make this game as good as it can possibly be, on all levels, and not just putting out something that's "good enough". I'll get back to work on Sunday or Monday with limited/no distractions, and the next week or so is wide-open for me. Expect a few updates this week and, more than likely, a set that impresses me enough to remove the "BETA" label coming sometime next weekend

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 07-26-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Your previous setting of 60 in Game Speed seems to be really fine to me.

It greatly reduces the number of shot attempts plus speeds up those horrible set-shots most players have by default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #52
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrSong
Your previous setting of 60 in Game Speed seems to be really fine to me.

It greatly reduces the number of shot attempts plus speeds up those horrible set-shots most players have by default.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #53
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Sorry, I'm still working out a few kinks with my newest set. The CPU defense is playing great and reacting/rotating VERY well, but I still think there's a little room for improvement there. Also, your AI-controlled teammates don't have quite the same reactions/rotation on defense yet, so I'm working on that.

The hardest part is nailing down the CPU tendencies. One small tweak leads to lightning-fast offense, way too many points in the paint, ridiculously high shooting percentages, etc., while another small tweak has the opposite affect and yields too many jumpshots (many contested), and just overall unrealistic gameplay. Smoothing this out is my biggest challenge, as I have to make it work alongside my defensive tweaks for the user's AI teammates.

This is taking a little longer than usual because I essentially reset all of my sliders to the Simulation setting and worked from there with minor tweaks. I am also trying to pinpoint the absolute-best Game Speed setting, which is just adding to my frustration. Finding the right Game Speed setting is essential IMO, as it has a great affect on the overall "feel" of the game. Player movement, ball movement, and overall animation speed are all affected by this one setting, and I just HAVE to get it right.

My goal is to make this game as good as it can possibly be, on all levels, and not just putting out something that's "good enough". I'll get back to work on Sunday or Monday with limited/no distractions, and the next week or so is wide-open for me. Expect a few updates this week and, more than likely, a set that impresses me enough to remove the "BETA" label coming sometime next weekend

what's the latest news my brother. I'm getting close to my converting process.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #54
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Real life keeps piling things on whenever I think I can devote significant time to this game. I'm still plugging away and putting in work when I can, so an update will be coming. Just not as soon as I was hoping
Old 08-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #55
Rookie

Tried your sliders way too many points in the paint I still won but I believe rockets of all team out of their 113 had 96 points in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #56
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnyce
Tried your sliders way too many points in the paint I still won but I believe rockets of all team out of their 113 had 96 points in the paint.

I haven't played with the slider set on page 1 in over a month, but even then I was holding teams to 40-50 PiP. Not to worry though, today just may be the day I finally get my new sliders released

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »