Home

JW55 SimNation Superstar Set

This is a discussion on JW55 SimNation Superstar Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JW55 HOF SimNation Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
I did the boost test to see if they were still there and surprised to see no arrows... Now whether that is because it's hidden again or they actually did get rid of it is something I don't know yet.

After playing a half on HOF SIM settings, I'd like to say that I didn't see anything crazy and they might have actually gotten rid of the boosts.

Stay tuned...
Hope that's the case! About time they didn't just boost CPU attributes to increase difficulty... Can't wait to see the sliders!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
I did the boost test to see if they were still there and surprised to see no arrows... Now whether that is because it's hidden again or they actually did get rid of it is something I don't know yet.

After playing a half on HOF SIM settings, I'd like to say that I didn't see anything crazy and they might have actually gotten rid of the boosts.

Stay tuned...
This is what I'm thinking. I don't know how we could determine if it's hidden without the arrows though.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #11
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

FYI... I've asked the question thru twitter.

Quote:
@RobJones2K @JersDaCurse @Beluba @CHoops4Life @Da_Czar 15 is mad dope! #HighFives Are artificial cpu boosts gone frm difficulty levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
FYI... I've asked the question thru twitter.
It will be really interesting to see the response that you get. So far I really believe that the boosts are gone. I'm playing HOF simulation on default and it really feels like straight up basketball without the cpu cheating me.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #13
Rookie

Weird that they don't show the boosts anymore. I recalled a quote from Da_Czar talking about boosts though and looked it up. Seems they're still there, here's what he said about it a few weeks back...

"We need much more basketball in the games before difficulty level is built on smarter basketball. We have to build out all or a lot more of the basketball decisions that the game currently does not have. That is a major undertaking but something that I really want to do once we can. This year by tuning to superstar sim we tried to make that the level that even with any AI boosts is the most fair while still being the most challenging.

You guys will determine for us if we made it and obviously most of you play on custom sliders etc anyway to that may be tuff to get feedback on. HOF is still AI enhancement. and the user shooting difficulty is tough on that level. I focused most of my play time and effort on superstar sim. So I can't speak for HOF because I spent as much time as possible on Superstar throughout the process. It is difficult but fair at least for the way I play.

On all star I can not pay attention for several possessions and still win a good percentage of my games. On superstar even a few unfocused possessions can make it difficult for me to win (matchup dependant of course) At the end of games I don't see crazy high cpu points in the paint but they are more aggressive. The game kind of reacts to you in a sense though so what you see depends on your inputs. So if your a pressure everywhere type of guy the AI is going to hit you with back-doors. If the AI's POE is attack the basket that is where they are going to go until you can stop it. If you crash the offensive boards and don't get them your going to take a beating in transition buckets or wind your best players turboing back on defense every possession.

That is stuff I have noticed while I play on Superstar SIM but the game is so reactive that I can see someone trying to pressure and pissed that the AI scored the majority of it's points in the paint. Or deny's everyone everywhere and is then pissed because they get beat off the bounce and there is no help. I can't guarantee you it is perfect because it's not but it is certainly much improved and up to superstar you should be able to play without constantly feeling cheated. There are times where the AI just flat plays good D and you have to force up a shot you didn't want to."
Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #14
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
Weird that they don't show the boosts anymore. I recalled a quote from Da_Czar talking about boosts though and looked it up. Seems they're still there, here's what he said about it a few weeks back...

"We need much more basketball in the games before difficulty level is built on smarter basketball. We have to build out all or a lot more of the basketball decisions that the game currently does not have. That is a major undertaking but something that I really want to do once we can. This year by tuning to superstar sim we tried to make that the level that even with any AI boosts is the most fair while still being the most challenging.

You guys will determine for us if we made it and obviously most of you play on custom sliders etc anyway to that may be tuff to get feedback on. HOF is still AI enhancement.
and the user shooting difficulty is tough on that level. I focused most of my play time and effort on superstar sim. So I can't speak for HOF because I spent as much time as possible on Superstar throughout the process. It is difficult but fair at least for the way I play.

On all star I can not pay attention for several possessions and still win a good percentage of my games. On superstar even a few unfocused possessions can make it difficult for me to win (matchup dependant of course) At the end of games I don't see crazy high cpu points in the paint but they are more aggressive. The game kind of reacts to you in a sense though so what you see depends on your inputs. So if your a pressure everywhere type of guy the AI is going to hit you with back-doors. If the AI's POE is attack the basket that is where they are going to go until you can stop it. If you crash the offensive boards and don't get them your going to take a beating in transition buckets or wind your best players turboing back on defense every possession.

That is stuff I have noticed while I play on Superstar SIM but the game is so reactive that I can see someone trying to pressure and pissed that the AI scored the majority of it's points in the paint. Or deny's everyone everywhere and is then pissed because they get beat off the bounce and there is no help. I can't guarantee you it is perfect because it's not but it is certainly much improved and up to superstar you should be able to play without constantly feeling cheated. There are times where the AI just flat plays good D and you have to force up a shot you didn't want to."
Thank you for this.

I will be doing SS Slider set instead since I will not be able to negate any HOF boosts.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #15
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Thank you for this.

I will be doing SS Slider set instead since I will not be able to negate any HOF boosts.

Before or after the first patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
JW55 HOF SimNation Set

Peep your boy White Chocolate killin' on the court still
http://youtu.be/4dlIJpHYCZk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »