Home

Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings)

This is a discussion on Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2015, 11:22 PM   #473
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_05
First off, let me thank you for the work you've done with these sliders. I think i've most of the popular sliders for 2k15 and these are the only ones I've found even remotely playable that didn't have me rolling my eyes multiple times per game.

I probably have 20 games so far on these things and I've been tracking the box scores to compare to each other and real life averages. I'm playing with the Nuggets and have done some trades to improve 3-point shooting so take the averages with a grain of salt; all I'm really concerned with are realistic shooting averages and fair gameplay. I know there's only so much you can do without destroying the actual "fun" of the game by trying to get more turnovers and what not so as long as most things average out to be around equal or fair, i don't care if things outside of shooting percentages and pace of play are realistic.

Here are my 4 games with the newly updated defensive sliders, all stock:

Main thing I took from these 4 games were the CPU was taking too many 3s and was shooting the ball too well overall.

I noticed through my 20 games or so of play that the CPU does indeed take too many 3s and that their midrange game is way above average. I'd say the computer shoots 80%+ from midrange against me which is just way unrealistic. And those fadeaway 18 footers from the baseline are automatic for them. They also hit nearly every open 3 to my maybe 50% open 3s.

So i changed the 3p attempts for the CPU down to 75 from 87. Also lowered 3PT and midrange success for the CPU down to 48 from 53 and 51 respectively.

These are the results from the 5 games since:

3PA dramatically improved to almost normal levels but they're still shooting a bit too good for my liking, I'm going to lower some sliders and experiment

Overall tho, i enjoy these sliders. I know a lot of this stuff comes down to preference and style of play so I understand these sliders will play different for everyone.

If I had some critiques it would definitely be about the CPU's propensity to take and make midrange shots which I'm going to address as I continue playing. As far as style goes, I think the strength slider is off (like you said) because there's just way too much success in the post as far as muscling through and around guys go. Some of the interior play I find blatantly biased towards CPU success but that has been a gripe of mine with 2k for as long as I can remember. I think you largely nailed a lot of the user sliders so that's great. If there was a way I could foul twice as much and send the CPU to the line 6-7-8 more times a game that'd be great but I have a feeling a lot of that has come down to the user's play.

Either way, thank you for the effort you put into these sliders and I'll continue tweaking these things to get them to my liking.
this is a really good chart wow! is the first number before the changes and after or better question what column is the stock defense and the ones with the edits and are the edits the ones you mention below the chart (i would just like to know so i can study it and see trends in my games to see if any changes need to be made thanks glad you are enjoying the sliders)
Old 01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #474
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
yeah i know i dont think they can patch it either but there is a lot of good talent in my second year in the young guys are around 75 ovr and Wiggins and Parker a already becoming stars so i will see how it plays out you could up the in season training to help older players on the declined but idk if the younger players will develop to fast what do you think?
I haven't found a good multi year balance, to be honest.

The rosters with real players make for teams that range in overall rating from mid 70's or so on the low end and up to 90 or so, with teams mostly around the 80's.

But with these default player progression, in season training and draft class quality sliders the teams end up being down to low 70's and even some 60's, with not many teams in the upper 80's and maybe a team near 90 because of a couple of outlier top starters. So over time the league talent really changes.

Because of that I've made the draft classes a bit better and have training already a bit higher than the slider set, but it's not enough. The combination of the early, steep regression, the lack of variability in the draft classes, the way some teams have awful trainers to players don't progress much anyway. . .

Ugh.

I haven't found a good sweet spot for all those sliders yet to build the league on a good maintenance level over multiple years. I end up still making a lot of manual edits to try to help CPU teams be better so that the mode stays competitive.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:57 PM   #475
Rookie

mcgreg1231's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey any specific roster you suggest to use with these sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 01:21 AM   #476
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgreg1231
Hey any specific roster you suggest to use with these sliders
i use default only one i test with plays well
Old 02-04-2015, 11:54 AM   #477
Rookie

You've probably heard this before, but scrolling through the last 3 pages I haven't seen any of this: what if I don't the time and motivation for 12min? Can I use these for, like, 6? I know stats will be unrealistic, but what about the game balance and such? Does it work appropriately?

Thank you for this amazing work! I've been using your MyLeague settings for ages, just considering the game sliders.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #478
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

How are people finding the slider set working with patch 4?

In other threads people are saying the patch makes shooting easier, and maybe some other slider tweaks may be needed.

Was just wondering if anyone who plays this set has had a chance to test the set post patch 4.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #479
Rookie

barteko's Arena

Smile Re: Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings)

hey kay, u still play with ver.2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »