Home

2k15 Game Speed

This is a discussion on 2k15 Game Speed within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: 2k15 Game Speed

Just curious, why is everyone adjusting these? What's the issue? Reason I ask is because the answers seem to vary greatly. Crank up Game Speed while cranking down Quickness, or cranking down Game Speed while cranking up other sliders. Seems counter intuitive, no?

I think it plays perfectly fine and smooth on 50 and Default Sim settings. I'm reading all these suggestions that vary greatly yet I'm unclear what problem we are trying to solve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

I play with Game Speed at 55, Quickness at 50, Speed at 50, On Ball Def at 40, and Hustle at 40.

Whatever game speed you prefer, i highly recommend have the quickness slider 5 points lower for smoother transitions into animations. I have have defense at 40 to help with the bumping and force field while lowering the hustle helps with the speed boost.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Just curious, why is everyone adjusting these? What's the issue? Reason I ask is because the answers seem to vary greatly. Crank up Game Speed while cranking down Quickness, or cranking down Game Speed while cranking up other sliders. Seems counter intuitive, no?

I think it plays perfectly fine and smooth on 50 and Default Sim settings. I'm reading all these suggestions that vary greatly yet I'm unclear what problem we are trying to solve.

For me it helps keep the game moving at a good pace while stopping flash moves by the CPU.

For instance it's too easy for the CPU to crowd the paint on a pick and roll and then rush out to defend the 3. Or vice versa, CPU shows at the 3pt line then crashes the paint and gets a steal. Often times moving at the speed as a pass.

Lowering quickness helps prevent that and higher game speed keeps the game from playing in slow motion.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can anyone tell me if with game Speed >50 the clock is faster, and so there are more possesions/ftg?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #29
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aezub
Can anyone tell me if with game Speed >50 the clock is faster, and so there are more possesions/ftg?
The clock stays the same either if you choose game speed 40 or 55 afaik. I use 47 and haven't noticed any difference in the clock ticking.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #30
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
I play with Game Speed at 55, Quickness at 50, Speed at 50, On Ball Def at 40, and Hustle at 40.

Whatever game speed you prefer, i highly recommend have the quickness slider 5 points lower for smoother transitions into animations. I have have defense at 40 to help with the bumping and force field while lowering the hustle helps with the speed boost.
Hyper, has hustle at 40 helped open up the fast break a bit? I'm really happy with my slider set, but just need to increase fast break points.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08
Old 10-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
Hyper, has hustle at 40 helped open up the fast break a bit? I'm really happy with my slider set, but just need to increase fast break points.
From what I noticed, yes. Players aren't zooming back on defense. Make sure your POE for Defensive rebounding is at "run in transition" or "some crash, some run".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #32
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
From what I noticed, yes. Players aren't zooming back on defense. Make sure your POE for Defensive rebounding is at "run in transition" or "some crash, some run".

I actually just tested the first qtr of a game with hustle at 30 and noticed that the break and transition were much more open, I loved it. No more bigs out running guards back down the court. I also noticed it lowered the closeout speed coming off of picks, leading to slightly more open jumpers. The game felt more organic. I'll have to tighten it up a bit. I'm thinking somewhere between 37-40 will be the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »