Home

Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #73
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders

I may go ahead and stream a game tonight for your viewing pleasure after my Madden 15 playoff game Dolphins (12-5) at Bengals (16-0)

Heat vs Raptors

I will post here when it goes on the air.

Playing basketball....I will ask to save questions till between quarters etc...it's nothing like the pace of football or baseball...obviously. I do use a mic and I do provide some color and commentary...but trying to play and answer questions is tough with 2K as it does require a lot of focus (at least for me LOL) to play well.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-16-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Only one game played but I was encouraged by what I saw. Knicks (cpu) at 76ers (user) had both teams shoot sub 50% from the field, a combined 40 plus free throw attempts, realistic offensive rebound numbers, put backs were times down from Pro default.

Only problem is I suck at defense. Hey that's these sliders are for, right? Us "average joes" who need work on the sticks. Having fun though despite my defensive shortcomings. Also need a ton of work on the offensive end as well. 2K controls are deep, as are the strategic options provided for the user.

Will certainly keep a close look on these as I used A&S's Madden 15 set as a base and have had the most fun with a Madden title since these PS2 days.

Keep up the good work, A&S.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #75
Rookie

Great sliders Armor. As for defense I can't stop the cpu from running around me no matter how hard i try. So I end up controlling the big men and have had a lot more success on defense. Really having a blast with these sliders as these are the only ones that seem tough but fair. Thanks again Armor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #76
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Bingo!!! And this is what I am starting to see as well. If they don't need to jack up threes they won't. But if they get behind and behind big enough it will start to rain. If your packing the paint...they will kick it out.

Now I want to play Golden State and the Spurs and see how they perform. I have not played either team yet in my testing.....that will take place tonight I am sure....I have several matches I need to play to still see if any tweaks are needed.

But so far....I am superbly pleased with V 1.0.

And BTW I have now seen 3 instances of offensive rebounds by the CPU being kicked back out to the perimeter for a reset in the offense. Thing of beauty.
This is a too simplistic view. Ideally you would think that but lots of teams strategy is 3 point first, lay up second and nothing else matters. One of the big teachings right now is you either drive and the only lay up you take is a shot you have a 95% chance of making or you kick it out for the 3 (I just went to a clinic and listened to a couple NBA coaches talk about that theory two weeks ago). In fact 20 of the 30 NBA teams attempted 20 or more 3 pointers last season a game!

If you look at total team shots a lot of NBA teams are taking 20-30% of their shots behind the 3 point line every game. In 2k15 I am only seeing 7-9% per game regardless of sliders and the situation.

An example of the problem I just played the Wizards using your sliders. Last season the Wizards averaged appx 104 shots per game with about 21 of those being 3's (21%). In my 2k game by halftime I was up 24 points so the Wizards were behind big the entire game. You would think that being down big they would attempt more 3's to keep the game close but instead they finished the game with only 7 total 3 point attempts! I don't know how to fix this issue but that is is a major problem. All in all this is a very discouraging issue.

Sources
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...mpted-per-game

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...mpted-per-game

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #77
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I agee 100% and have always played with REAL FG%.
It is too eacy to get each players timing down and drain way too many shots with bad shooters. Same thing on FT's. Its way too each to to hit 99% of your fts if you dont use real player ft's.

I have now played 10 games with this set and I have loved every minute of it!
The only changes that i see that need to be made is the FG% for the human player, I have shot right at 50% for each game. The mid range success for the cpu, they miss way too many midrange jumpers. LeBron has went 8-28 vs my and Durant has went 8-26.
And the most obvious one and the one that bugs me the most is the cpu just doesnt shoot 3's vs me. I know people are saying they will and it depends on the team you play and the score and in my games this just isnt happening. I have played the Spurs and they shot 8 vs me the whole game, I have played the Warriors and they only shot 3 vs me. I just played a game vs the Cavs and they only shot 4. In my ten games they have shot 8, 4, 3, 5, 6, 8, 2, 7, 9, and 9 threes vs me.

Dont get me wrong i am loving this set and loving this game, it may already be my favorite sports game ever. I am a huge NBA fan and the gameplay is amazing, it has blown me away. If we can fix a couple more things I may die of happiness.
Also one last thing has me concerned is i have not blown anyone team out yet and i have not been blown out yet. In my ten game i have had 7 of the games decided by 3 points or less. The most i have lost by is 5 and the most i have won by is 8.
The 3 #'s are a big problem. Maybe our slider guys can fix that. Until it is solved though this game is a great game but it isn't a true representation of the NBA.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #78
Rookie

Just a question can these be used on 6min quarters? Really want to use them but I only play 6 min not 10. Tia.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #79
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Here is my latest game using the sliders. I'm using a fantasy drafted Celtics team. Dwight Howard had 33 PTS, 20 REB. I won 100-82 against the Rockets. Also, keep in mind that I only play the PG position and let the other players play themselves.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #80
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
I feel bad for those who can't enjoy.

No sliders are perfect, but if you let the game flow it's better than sex.

I was up on the Pistons by 20, whatever adjustments they made got me beat.

Prince was killing them for me in first half because they tried taking Gasol and ZR away, Second half they guarded Prince tight away from ball.

CPU doesn't shoot 3's?? Pistons have taken 20. Butler and Pops have made me pay for leaving them open.

This game is a chess match. These sliders work. Once you start playing like it's a video game and not basketball, you will lose no matter how good on the stick you are.
You are having sex with the wrong people! Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »