Home

Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #33
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Armor & Swords NBA 2K15 Pro/Sim/Real FG/FT% "Average Joe" Sliders

Is there a slide for user player extension difficulty and did you make any changes?

I just played around when I got the game and simmed a season on default. Was able to re-sign LA to a 1 year deal, which seems quite unlikely for a star player at that age to re-up for 1 season.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 10-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #34
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

I used your sliders for the show and am currently using yours for madden. I've been looking for 2k sliders and finally I have found them. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #35
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Last game of the night I used a bad team, the Wolves. Against a really good team, the Cavs to see how hard it would be.
I ended up,losing 113-110 in OT. Should have won, Rubio missed two fts at the end of regulation that would have sealed the win. I shot 48% they shot 51.
LeBron was just horrible shooting 8-28 but he did hit 2 big baskets to seal their win.
Still not seeing enough threes from the CPU, they only shot 3 the whole game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #36
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Is there a way to post my in-game stats from my PS4 to this forum? I wanted to show my latest game.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #37
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Are there realistic 3 pt attempts with this set? I am tired of every game the cpu taking 6 or 7 threes.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Those are really the two most focused area's for me right now as well.

I am also testing fatigue rate as I want you to have to make smart sub decisions.

These sliders are designed for those that have a real coaching/adjustment mentality. The coaching options 2K has given us are second to none. Truly awesome.

If you try to just iso and improvise and not run set plays.....you will be roasted.

If you have a CPU player on a run and you don't adjust his individual defensive settings....you will be roasted.

I played my first game of MyLeague vs the Wizards and Wall and nene were killing me (I am the Heat of course) I switched up Bosh for McRoberts, and had Birdman play some extended minutes in the 4th quarter...and Bosh shut him down. I had Wall doubled at the perimeter and had smother on off ball....I finally slowed him down and was able to eek out a 96-93 win at home after being behind as much as 9 in the 4th quarter.

It's all about maikign adjustments and trying to regain the tempo you want. Also as always basketball is a game of match-ups. Once you recognize the CPU's attempts at exploiting their advantage in any particular match-up the better chance you have at victory.

Now sometimes you can make all the adjustments you want...but if your shooting cold and your simply over matched....well...that's basketball. Sometimes you will get lucky and get hot and the CPU goes cold.

No two games are going to play alike on 2K15....it's a thing of beauty. Couple that with a set of sliders that fit your particular stick skills and you are in sports video game heaven.

Anyway.....I am still working through this set and I am sure within 2-3 weeks we will be pretty much set in the values I want to get the kind of game I like to play. It is a matter of does your skill level and approach match or is similar to mine.

And then tweak from there.

I have very little doubt these will be too easy for a lot of veterans of this series who have far better stick skills and a better working knowledge of basketball than me.

This set is specifically designed for niche player of the 2K series.

So if it is too easy and by that I mean your just a god and blowing out teams on a nightly basis after say 10-12 games.....it's ok...move on to a tougher set.

Pro/Sim/default was too hard for me. That's why I created these off that base.

So question you said that pro/sim/default was to hard for you it is to hard for me has I just cant stay infornt of players to keep them out of the paint. In 5 games on pro/sim/default I am giving up an average of 64 PIP a game. On pro/sim/default what kind of PIP where you seeing? What kind of PIP are you seeing now with these slider setts?
Old 10-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #39
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Not being able to stay in front of a player is far more user skill than sliders. I don't want to nerf and neuter the CPU to point of domination by the user.

You just gotta get better at spacing, and stick skill and getting a good feel and also better anticipation of where the player is driving or moving to. Also knowing to call for a double team and when not to. Don't be so quick to use intense defense as well. It takes practice. Defense is the truth on this game and it demands some stick skills. Once you get it down and have a true high rated lockdown defender under your control it is pretty awesome.

I am working on three point attempts by the CPU.....these are a working set. Not final...and getting that feedback is good and helps me.

I played the 76ers last night...started hotter than coal on a steam train and jumped out to a 20 point lead at one point. By the 4th quarter they cut it to 3 points, but they ran out of steam and I put them away by feeding Bosh in the post and drawing fouls in the paint with Wade. I ended up winning by 9.

PIP was very realistic in this one. They only scored on 8 second chance points....and 2 times they grabbed an offensive board....they passed it out and reset!! So keep playing....keep playing and one more time.....keep playing.

Three point shot attempts are something I want to see more of....but I also don't them raining threes and throwing out their play books. So I am going to fool around with turning up the tendency to 75 and see what that does. Also know what teams your playing as some shoot far more than others.

But overall.....the set is giving me what I want in regards to shooting %'s, great balanced games....really good CPU play. It's damn close.

FT percentages are a little low thus far....but I want to play far more games. The Heat were a 76% FT team last year and I want at least 15-20 games to see if this stays true.

I am getting a realistic clip of fouls so far. If you don't attack the basket....don't expect to get to the as much. If you have active hands you will draw some reach in fouls. I have seen over the back as well.

Patch is dropping very shortly too...so we will check out those notes and see if anything is addressed.....but IMO gameplay wise...I hope they leave it alone for the most part...game is golden IMO.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-16-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #40
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Is there a slide for user player extension difficulty and did you make any changes?

I just played around when I got the game and simmed a season on default. Was able to re-sign LA to a 1 year deal, which seems quite unlikely for a star player at that age to re-up for 1 season.
Please look at the OP.....all the MyLeague sliders that are available are posted on page one. Tune those to your desire.

I am testing those as my season progresses. I am not simming seasons and doing that type of testing. I am far more interested in playing the game and testing game play sliders and seeing how my first off-season plays out once I get there to make any slider adjustments to the GM portion of the game.

The slider that would affect that would be Player Non-Financial Ambitions factor. I have it at 55. So it will not be only about the money. But team stability, winning, other factors other than money. So maybe he wanted to stick with your squad for reasons other then money. That puts a human emotion element into the game and contracts.

If you did not like that I would suggest you turn that back to default...or even lower than default. Other than that there is no contract/resign difficulty slider.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-16-2014 at 07:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »