Home

Slider help with speed and explosiveness

This is a discussion on Slider help with speed and explosiveness within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena

OVR: 8
Slider help with speed and explosiveness

Can anyone help me with what sliders to focus on, im trying to make it where players like D. Rose and LeBron/kyrie etc, can explode up court and around defenders off of screens. It just feels like everybody moves at the same speed all the time, especially on fastbreaks.Im currently using a mix of armor and swords and Lets ball baby sliders. Ive tried game speed at 60-70 but all that does is speed everyone up. Tried playing with speed, hustle, and quickness but not seeing any success or much difference in player explosiveness or quickness. Currently it feels like turbo doesn't do anything as far as speeding up the player mainly on fast breaks. Maybe this isn't possible to achieve idk. I just feel that a player like Rose should not b on the same speed level as say a big like Zach Randolph or tim Duncan. Any help or tips would be awesome thanks.

Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 AM   #2
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Slider help with speed and explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP GUTT CAPONE
Can anyone help me with what sliders to focus on, im trying to make it where players like D. Rose and LeBron/kyrie etc, can explode up court and around defenders off of screens. It just feels like everybody moves at the same speed all the time, especially on fastbreaks.Im currently using a mix of armor and swords and Lets ball baby sliders. Ive tried game speed at 60-70 but all that does is speed everyone up. Tried playing with speed, hustle, and quickness but not seeing any success or much difference in player explosiveness or quickness. Currently it feels like turbo doesn't do anything as far as speeding up the player mainly on fast breaks. Maybe this isn't possible to achieve idk. I just feel that a player like Rose should not b on the same speed level as say a big like Zach Randolph or tim Duncan. Any help or tips would be awesome thanks.
Its not speed. Put like this I take Damian Lillard and reduce his speed from 95 to 84 I then take Z-Bo Duncan and most other bigs and raise their speed. Nobody is below a 55 and very few people are above 90. I even boost onball defense to like 88 and Lillard feels extremely quick when I use him.

Last year I posted a statistical examination on what usually happens when centers and PFs are switched to guards. They are generally able to prevent getting burnt off the drive by playing loose and making the space with height. It would be unrealistic for you to just fly by them easily every time.

One thing I did for the first time ever is raise the quickness slider. I'm guessing quickness was reduced globally to make the game feel less jerky than 2k14. This is one of the areas where 2k15 is a victim of its own success. They had already fixed a bunch of stuff. The defense is more stable but they still play an effeminate brand of defense without slider tweaks.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is a great topic for a discussion. Lack of quick movement explosiveness is my biggest problem with this game. This game is so animation heavy that it just doesn't feel as responsive to me as it should. I don't know if that's fixable, but a good set of sliders should make the movement as good as possible.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Interested to see what people think about this topic
Old 10-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I do have quickness 5 clicks above game speed.

When I have a big guy on Monta/Jameer/Felton/Harris, I still have to work to get by, but its not automatic.

If I stuff up my control inputs, I dont get by. And its much easier with Monta and Devin because they are quicker.

But as has already been said, bigs sag off guards and encourage the J in real life so its rarely an auto blow by
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP

From my experience raising the quickness slider does help with this however lowering the quickness slider seems to help with sliding & foot planting so it's a catch 22 smh. I feel like this year the game is a little animation heavy & players feel like they're stuck in mud sometimes. I also find myself getting stuck in bumping animations & locked into animations when trying to blow by defenders. I don't spam the turbo button because I know you have to beat your man off the dribble which I like, but some of the animations are exaggerated at times. Hopefully the gameplay patch addresses this.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Many of the sliders increase on ball defense but increasing seems to increase sliding.

I keep OBD at 50 for both CPU and user and this reduces slower players from sliding in position: the faster player will take the contact then slide off of the defender.

A lot of those bumping animations are fouls!

I played with D-Rose and he is fast but there are so many unnecessary animations the CPU make the user do it's destroys speed not to mention bumping that slows the USER (only the user) down.

This is a 2K issue, sliders will help but not much, look below:

look what happens when I get to half court, another animation kicks in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2NY49MifQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wWwdEPr27M

Last edited by keshunleon; 11-02-2014 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:07 AM   #8
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I tried quickness at 0, speed at 100. Basically players straight line speed is much faster, dribble moves much slower.

The opposite occurs with speed at 0, quickness at 100

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »