Home

Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

This is a discussion on Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #401
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

Poke, I can see why you made speed 99 and quickness 85. The players move much smoother than any other sliders i've used. However, that doesn't mean it's good in all areas. The game is significantly speedy and even the slowest NBA players are running like a Russell Westbrook. That's probably the biggest issue with your sliders. Everything else looks great and I am enjoying them, while adding some tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #402
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Let me see if I can do some tinkering with the speed to better replicate the differences between fast players and slow players.

The community is welcome to see what they can come up with as well.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Anyone else finding these extremely difficult? I consider myself a pretty decent player, in my season with the Cavs i was 45-15 using Poks's sliders prepatch. I am 1-4 since he posted his post patch sliders and i am getting killed. I lost the last game to the Spurs 122-78, i have never lost a game that bad ever!
A couple things are killing me post patch with the new set.
1. The computer's ability to always find an open man for a wide open jumper that they rarely miss. I can play good d for about 20 seconds but eventually the cpu will find a man wide open that a CPU controlled player on my team will not get up and gaurd.
2. CPU PG's ability to get to the basket at will. My pg cannot stay with the CPU PG or stay in front of him to stop their penetration. This leads to open layups by the PG or if i pick him up with another defender their pg will dish off to an open may for a wide open shot.

I just wanted to know if anyone else was getting hammered like i have been.
I had no problem winning before the latest set.

Below is my first game with the Cavs. Too many turnovers cost me the game, and some stupid mistakes because I'm not used to the controllers yet. But I didn't experience any of those issues, defense was pretty tight until the 4th.

I like the speed, but I do agree that it makes some players extremely fast. For example, Calderon was able to caught up to James on a fastbreak. And I can quickly get back on defense with any center.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #404
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
These are both issues with speed. If you look up a few pages and see my edits, you'll see they play more realistic IMO. Just a suggestion.
I'ma give the speed settings a shot, but question, do you notice a smooth flow with no jerky animations with it at 50/50/48 game speed? Or do you use a diff game speed? I always thought lowering the game speed was the way to go, but I also tested playing with a quicker game speed. What are your thoughts regarding lowering/raising game speed but leaving the tendencies at default?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #405
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Let me see if I can do some tinkering with the speed to better replicate the differences between fast players and slow players.

The community is welcome to see what they can come up with as well.
I haven't noticed anything with the speed that has me out of my chair. I can't EVER catch up to the CPU when they get out in transition. I haven't had a chase down block either. It always seems the CPU has a lil extra burst. I barely get out in transition also as I'm more cautious about TOs with the new sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #406
Rookie

Sounds like people are having a wide variety of things. Granted different people play different ways and no one NBA player will play the same. Some teams run and gun, some patience. I like the wide variety of things going on. Any slider set will always never be perfect to all but it sounds like it's on point to be one of the greats! Just my opinion
Old 12-20-2014, 12:11 AM   #407
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaR@bLe
I'ma give the speed settings a shot, but question, do you notice a smooth flow with no jerky animations with it at 50/50/48 game speed? Or do you use a diff game speed? I always thought lowering the game speed was the way to go, but I also tested playing with a quicker game speed. What are your thoughts regarding lowering/raising game speed but leaving the tendencies at default?
It's difficult. I've messed around with it for a bit but couldn't come up with a final solution for game speed/speed/quickness. Like I said Poke did a great job finding a solution that makes movement much smoother than anything before, but it has its drawback.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #408
MVP

Poke's Arena

Try these

quickness 65
Speed 60

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »