Home

Non-steal Turnovers

This is a discussion on Non-steal Turnovers within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2014, 04:37 AM   #9
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Non-steal Turnovers

CPU goes out of bounds with Poke's superstar sliders at least 1 time a game and they commit at least 2 unforced turnovers ( passes going out of bounds ) per game but i have never seen a CPU controlled player travelling with the ball in Nba 2K15.

You can make them stepping out or throwing passes out ( when you double team a guy they have higher % to throw it out ) but i doubt you'll ever see them travelling
Old 12-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For me, this is probably now the number one weakness still remaining with this game. When a team is sharp there should still be a minimum of about 4 non steal turnovers a game, and when they are executing poorly there should be about 10-12. These should be unforced errors that happen regardless of the quality of the defense being played

I know that a lot of Users hate that kind of thing, but their really needs to be quite a few mistakes that happen in the game that are simply out of their control.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine3
Hey guys. This has been a problem in the 2k series for a very long time and I'm just checking to see if anybody has found any fixes or ways to increase non-steal turnovers. It seems like every turnover the CPU commits has to come from a steal. You never see offensive 3 seconds, travels, passes going out of bounds, players dropping passes, stepping out of bounds, offensive fouls, etc. The only slider I know that can increase non-steal turnovers is the pass accuracy slider. But if you lower that less than about 46 for the CPU, then they start throwing terrible passes that you would never see in real life. I used to see lots of illegal pick fouls (which led to more non-steal turnovers), but since the patch i haven't seen any at all. Any suggestions to increase non-steal turnovers?
check my sliders out gives you mistakes like losing dribble bad passes everything you would see in the game its on the sliders settings and use my roster for best results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
check my sliders out gives you mistakes like losing dribble bad passes everything you would see in the game its on the sliders settings and use my roster for best results

Can you give a Link to your sliders?
Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Wolverine3's Arena

OVR: 5

Yes, I would also like to see these game stats with lots of non-steal turnovers. I play tough D and force a lot of turnovers, but in terms of getting non-steal turnovers, it's rare. To Timsmooth503pa, i checked out your sliders and i don't know what you've done to increase these turnovers. I have my own roster and sliders so I'm just looking for actual sliders and player ratings/tendencies that i can change to increase non-steal TOs
Old 01-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

lowering pass accuracy only make this kind of turnovers in this game. i have at least 1 3 second calls per game from cpu. I don't travel though, same as cpu. I remember with 2k12 when a center tries a dribble move, the ball sometimes go out of bounds.

One thing I did for my game is I lowered the rebounding down to 10-17 to increase the player's animation to fight for a rebound and sometimes go out of bounds (like in real life)
Old 01-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #15
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I was able to get both teams to have double-digit turnovers with less than half coming from steals while working on my sliders last night and playing on Pro. And they were realistic bad passes, too, not just the CPU chucking away easy inbounds passes.

The formula was decreased Pass Accuracy + increased CPU Attack Basket tendency + increased On Ball Defense. You'd see Carmelo drive to the hoop, the defense would collapse and put him in a bad spot, he'd try to kick it out to someone on the perimeter, and throw a rushed bad pass. It looked very authentic. Even saw the CPU get called for travelling when Shump tried to force it inside against some stout defense.

I'm still working to try to find the sweet spot.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »