Home

Who has the best slider roster combo to replicate the actual pace of the game?

This is a discussion on Who has the best slider roster combo to replicate the actual pace of the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
J.C
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who has the best slider roster combo to replicate the actual pace of the game?

I'm looking for player explosiveness from standing to driving and fast breaks from rebounds and steals/penetration, but not so easy I can do it any time I want and exploit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
J.C
Rookie

Re: Who has the best slider roster combo to replicate the actual pace of the game?

So I take it no ones managed to get the pace of the game right?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Rookie

grathom98's Arena

Re: Who has the best slider roster combo to replicate the actual pace of the game?

cdk's. Ive been playing with his roster and the sliders to go with it, and it has a nice pace to it. Rosters have speed and quickness adjusted for almost every player (based on what Ive seen). Its a great set.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s4-roster.html
Old 12-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
J.C
Rookie

Thanks I'll give it a pop.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

that roster is great

Also try hyperballer/DC AllAmerican's if they're completed. They also specialize in realistic dunking and re-rate players individually and customize their signature dunk packages as well. IMO their alley-oop balance is a bit off as i witnessed an AI controlled CP3 commit 10 turnovers...in a half. Most of them were missed lobs.

The Key to getting a good tempo (68-90 FGA/game) is to raise CPU mid range tendency to ~80 and CPU 3pt tendency to ~85.
That eliminates what the community interprets as 'shot clock cheese' as well because the only time the AI will take a shot with less than 5 seconds on the clock is if your bodied the hell out of them on D

you want more explosiveness in half court? This is a two parter and one is strictly on you.

Firstly, Raise the human and CPU quickness to either 55 or 65 depending on the eye of the beholder. That is going to AID you in getting the killer first step or xover, and also has the added benefit of making bigs attempt/complete more posterizers.

Lastly, and don't get me wrong here, get good and familiar with all 'deke' moves and set-ups. Practice and experiment with different release points for the ~100 signature size-up animations.
know tho, that by raising quickness you allow t defenders to move laterally more quickly. This improves defense. So its a bit of a double edged sword but will greatly reward you when you are proficient

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 12-29-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »