Home

Old 01-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Icon5 Q&A

First I would like to say that NBA 2K15 is the most realistic SIM basketball game to date and I've been having a blast so far.

I would like to keep this as a Q&A thread for gamers who want to make the game even more enjoyable and realistic so that it mimics what we see during a real NBA game.

First Question: What are your suggestions in order to make it harder for the user to penetrate for a dunk?

Second Question: Any slider suggestions to make the CPU take more pull-up Mid-range jumpers inside the 3pt line but outside the paint?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
First I would like to say that NBA 2K15 is the most realistic SIM basketball game to date and I've been having a blast so far.

I would like to keep this as a Q&A thread for gamers who want to make the game even more enjoyable and realistic so that it mimics what we see during a real NBA game.

First Question: What are your suggestions in order to make it harder for the user to penetrate for a dunk?

Second Question: Any slider suggestions to make the CPU take more pull-up Mid-range jumpers inside the 3pt line but outside the paint?
1st question
-To make it harder to GET inside just raise on-ball defense / Help defense (Has some negative effects)
-To make it harder to SCORE inside raise YOUR Layup defense strength takeoff/release sliders
-Lower dunk in traffic frequency/success and or layup slider
2nd question
Should be a relatively simple fix, bump mid range AND 3 pt tendencies (around 70 should be good) but also I would lower my Attack basket and Look for post players tendencies 5-10 clicks. Take Care.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
1st question
-To make it harder to GET inside just raise on-ball defense / Help defense (Has some negative effects)
-To make it harder to SCORE inside raise YOUR Layup defense strength takeoff/release sliders
-Lower dunk in traffic frequency/success and or layup slider
2nd question
Should be a relatively simple fix, bump mid range AND 3 pt tendencies (around 70 should be good) but also I would lower my Attack basket and Look for post players tendencies 5-10 clicks. Take Care.
Noticed that when I raise on-ball defense for the CPU, it gets harder to get in mid-range jumpers to go in.

Also seeing alot more 3pters taken with the 3pt tendency slider raised but not pull-up mid range jumpers like I wanted.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Good therd, questions that i have:

1. how to lowering the shots attempted per game? i get about 45+ shots attempted per game almost every game (and it's 6 min quarter, so it's actually 90+) when the league avarage is about 84. my fg% and FTA are good so i don't know where is the problem...maybe it's the avarage time for each possesion? and how can i change that?

2. the players on *my* team who controlled by the cpu are getting the values of cpu sliders or the user sliders? specially for defense sliders like steals, blocks etc. and btw, the tendency sliders on the user side like "attempt putbacks" "throw alley oops", "back door cuts" and all that- does they are matter when it's your team?

3. what's the diffrence between "contact shot success" and "layup defense strengh", between "steal success" and "stealing", and "look for post players" and "post shots" ?

4. what the hands, hustle and contest shots slider does?

thanks! : )
Old 01-19-2015, 01:29 AM   #5
Rookie

oh, and another important question- what the offensive\defensive awarness actually do? and does it impact fast break points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Hey, anyone knows how I can fix those problems (playing against the CPU)

1) Passing into the Paint / my big men. Even if they're in perfect position and the passing lane is free the defender intercepts around 30-40% of my passes. It seems like he's doing the effort to get to the ball while my Big Men are just standing around like big, fat trolls.

2) "open" balls. Not sure how to call this, but everytime the ball is deflected or just bouncing around after a rebound, bad dribbling, steal etc. it seems like the CPU is 10 times quicker and my players. Do I have to press a button for my players to hustle and grab the open ball or can I fix this with sliders?

So far I'm having a really great time with 2k15 but I loose all the close games because I have like 15 Turnovers (6min qrt) while the CPU has around 5.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #7
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox1414
Good therd, questions that i have:

1. how to lowering the shots attempted per game? i get about 45+ shots attempted per game almost every game (and it's 6 min quarter, so it's actually 90+) when the league avarage is about 84. my fg% and FTA are good so i don't know where is the problem...maybe it's the avarage time for each possesion? and how can i change that?

2. the players on *my* team who controlled by the cpu are getting the values of cpu sliders or the user sliders? specially for defense sliders like steals, blocks etc. and btw, the tendency sliders on the user side like "attempt putbacks" "throw alley oops", "back door cuts" and all that- does they are matter when it's your team?

3. what's the diffrence between "contact shot success" and "layup defense strengh", between "steal success" and "stealing", and "look for post players" and "post shots" ?

4. what the hands, hustle and contest shots slider does?

thanks! : )
1. Two things that can help get your shots down are turnovers and shooting fouls...if you never turn the ball over, you will get a shot off on pretty much every possession. Not only is this not very realistic, but it will also result in inflated shot attempts. Also, if you drive the lane and get fouled it doesn't count as a shot attempt, only 2 FT attempts, so maybe increasing your shooting fouls will help too.

2. User sliders. The User sliders effect every player controlled or uncontrolled on your team. / Most tendency sliders only come into effect if you are player locked.

3. Contact shot success - How much contact effects the players ability to finish the shot

Layup defense strength - determines the quality of the defense against your layup attempts

Steal success - How OFTEN on ball strip attempts are successful.

Steal slider - Player's ability to steal the ball overall. (Including how well they play passing lanes)

Look for post players - How often the CPU throws the ball into it's bigs

Post Shots - How often CPU controlled players use post moves (Post Fadeaways, Hook shots, Post layups)
Old 01-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Question: How do you get the guards rebounding stats up? It seems that most of the rebounds are going to just the PFs and Centers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »