Home

Chasing the perfect sliders (raise opponent post-scoring)

This is a discussion on Chasing the perfect sliders (raise opponent post-scoring) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4
Chasing the perfect sliders (raise opponent post-scoring)

Hi there.
I have spend time playing with both Armor & Swords pro sliders and Poke's superstar sliders- which are both excellent in their own right- and I'm having trouble finding an ideal middle ground.

The pro sliders were a bit too easy, but the gameplay was super smooth and opponents seemed true to real life. On the flip side, on offense it felt like every shot was going in and I hovered around 60% shooting every game. (not bragging-- just explaining)

On the flip side, on Poke's superstar I find it very difficult to create space from the defender, and picks are pretty much the only way I can get to the hoop. This slider set created a ton of close nail-biters (and a buzzer beater from both Mike Bibby and Chris Webber), but opponents often didn't mirror their real life counterparts, as I'll explain below:

The most glaring issue though is opponent big man play. How can I get opposing power forwards and centers to play with their back to the basket?

I play in an all-time league, and when I play the Rockets, Kenny Smith and Shane Battier take twice as many shots as Hakeem Olajuwon (the Rockets coaching settings are set to "play through star" and "patient offense)

When I play the Lakers, Kareem and Shaq barely shoot at all, and Magic Johnson and Elgin Baylor shoot a ton of shots

When I play the Warriors, Chamberlain doesn't shoot nearly as much as the outside shooters (Barry/Curry/Mullin/Thompson). Yes, the Warriors shooting is ridiculous.

have any of you found an ideal slider set in which players play like their real-life counterparts? I'm eager to start a new league with Franchiseplay's ultimate legendary roster, but first I want to find the perfect roster.

Props to Poke and Armor & Sword-- I got a ton of enjoyment out of your sliders. I hope I didn't come across like an ungrateful complainer.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Last edited by FindingTim; 03-19-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 03:26 AM   #2
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Chasing the perfect sliders (raise opponent post-scoring)

To keep it simple I just don't think any slider set does the post game better than my own. Keep in mind I also have the hardest sliders on these boards so it may be a little bit of an adjustment because if you aren't used to running offensive sets you will not score. That said, CPU post play (or at least throwing the ball inside was the main focus of this set and I think I've done a good job at that.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-sliders.html
Old 03-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
Pro

Try these Tendency combos:

Inside Shots 60
Close Shots 65
Midrange 40
3PT 65
Post Shots 65
Look for Post Players 80
Attack the Basket 35

Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan will do work on you.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker

Inside Shots 60
Close Shots 65
Midrange 40
3PT 65
Post Shots 65
Look for Post Players 80
Attack the Basket 35

Do you manually choose your Defensive POE? Or is it set to Auto?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Do you manually choose your Defensive POE? Or is it set to Auto?
I set it to Auto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 10:20 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker

Inside Shots 60
Close Shots 65
Midrange 40
3PT 65
Post Shots 65
Look for Post Players 80
Attack the Basket 35

@LukeSkywalker - The 'force' is strong within you...To be honest, when I saw your post with your tendencies and your statement below of: "Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan will do work on you...", I was like...hmmm...I'mma twitch some gameplay and prove that statement to be ludicrous! LOOOL! But good lawd was I WRONG! And sure darn glad that I am! For all interested, check out the gameplay video below....

Fellas, this is the most #BEASTMODE-like I HAVE EVER seen AD in all of my NBA 2K15 experience since release date...And the thing is...this is only 1 quarter of gameplay and on Auto POE...If your interested in what other slider adjustments were made beyond the tendencies above, I will share it...Kudos to @LukeSkywalker...I'm gonna run some additional tests on teams with a star player or player(s) down low to see how it goes...(i.e. LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Millsap, etc...)

Gameplay Part 1:

http://www.twitch.tv/phipsi1/b/639449229

*Check out the replay at the end of this video to see AD puttin' in work and goin' 1v1 and iso'ing like a BOSS!

Gameplay Part 2:

http://www.twitch.tv/phipsi1/b/639451802

NOTE:

Ran additional test and went up against LaMarcus Aldridge and Lillard...Some great stats...LaMarcus dominated (as expected)....

http://www.twitch.tv/phipsi1/b/639489573

*One thing I would have liked to see is Lillard being more aggressive and taking more shots/attacking...But from all my past games/tests...trying to get the perimeter players offense is a MUCH easier proposition than getting the low post stars involved. And so far...the low post stars are shining...for the moment! LOL! Heck...Robin and Kaman got theres as well this game...Rarely would see this in the past b/c Batum or Afflalo/Matthews would take a majority of the shots!

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 03-20-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Can't see the videos. Upload them thru youtube. Please
Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@LukeSkywalker - The 'force' is strong within you...To be honest, when I saw your post with your tendencies and your statement below of: "Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan will do work on you...", I was like...hmmm...I'mma twitch some gameplay and prove that statement to be ludicrous! LOOOL! But good lawd was I WRONG! And sure darn glad that I am! For all interested, check out the gameplay video below....

Fellas, this is the most #BEASTMODE-like I HAVE EVER seen AD in all of my NBA 2K15 experience since release date...And the thing is...this is only 1 quarter of gameplay and on Auto POE...If your interested in what other slider adjustments were made beyond the tendencies above, I will share it...Kudos to @LukeSkywalker...I'm gonna run some additional tests on teams with a star player or player(s) down low to see how it goes...(i.e. LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Millsap, etc...)

Gameplay Part 1:

http://www.twitch.tv/phipsi1/b/639449229

*Check out the replay at the end of this video to see AD puttin' in work and goin' 1v1 and iso'ing like a BOSS!

Gameplay Part 2:

http://www.twitch.tv/phipsi1/b/639451802

NOTE:

Ran additional test and went up against LaMarcus Aldridge and Lillard...Some great stats...LaMarcus dominated (as expected)....

http://www.twitch.tv/phipsi1/b/639489573

*One thing I would have liked to see is Lillard being more aggressive and taking more shots/attacking...But from all my past games/tests...trying to get the perimeter players offense is a MUCH easier proposition than getting the low post stars involved. And so far...the low post stars are shining...for the moment! LOL! Heck...Robin and Kaman got theres as well this game...Rarely would see this in the past b/c Batum or Afflalo/Matthews would take a majority of the shots!
I'm curious as to what else you tweaked...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »