Home

In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency!

This is a discussion on In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency! within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

This happened tonight...using my sliders...

They don't call this a foul but will call good defense a foul...so dumb

https://youtu.be/-JIxuvZ_qec

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 06-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #10
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
This happened tonight...using my sliders...

They don't call this a foul but will call good defense a foul...so dumb

https://youtu.be/-JIxuvZ_qec
^This.

Happens with every set. Every setting, Sim, Casual, custom w/e. Fix your **** 2K lmaoo
Old 06-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #11
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
^This.

Happens with every set. Every setting, Sim, Casual, custom w/e. Fix your **** 2K lmaoo

For real!! I could care less About spike lee....i want gameplay fixes...no more canned animations.....better fouls....for the love of all that is holy put the shot meter on TOP of players for those of us who play broadcast camera......

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Ramziok - OK, well I've used your sliders as a base for sure!! Whenever I strayed too far off, it's a problem. I've read your latest (3.29) sliders probably 10 times. lol.

I've been testing like crazy for many hours. I discovered a critical consideration in foul frequency...I believe it's locked into triggered animations. Especially on-ball collision animations for charge/blocking but also over the back and loose ball fouls. The game needs time to recognize whatever trigger they have coded. The animations are an issue. Sometimes the animations runs twitchy quick and sometimes the animations slow down. The slower the contact, the more likely the foul animation occurs.

Therefore, when I've reduced the GAME SPEED, the animations trigger more often. It's not a perfect solution but it helps. The downside is the game itself runs slower so you're going to see slower animations. What we must do is counter that by increasing the player animations speed as much as we can.

Changes I've made to your 3.29 sliders:

Game Speed - 42

Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 80/80

Quickness – 57/57

Speed – 62/62

I also believe the collision animations are tied to lateral quickness, but I've not found a perfect range of ratings. Somehwere around 50-65 seems to trigger blocks & charges.

Also, roster edits are a must for player foul tendancies. VERY time consuming. I wish somebody would global edit DC Hyper rosters for more fouls tendancy.

This foul frequency issue is the thing that kills the game for me. Whatever slider set you guys love, it's not gonna produce realistic non-shooting fouls. Watch any NBA game and you're gonna see a ton of balls stops for blocking fouls, reaches, loose ball etc. They happen constantly. These aren't epic shooting foul events with brutal animations like 2K has coded, they are simple contact moments that result in foul trouble and strategy which is a key part of the game.

Look, I wish I could say I've seen huge breakthoughs. I haven't but I'm pretty certain this is a valid theory but it needs more time and more testing. I'm hoping you guys can help?

Thanks!!
Ok, i test out with game speed 42 and quickness 57 with other adjustemnts and i can confirm what you say. The feel of the game for me was very good and i get more non shooting-fouls. More Animations triggered that occurs on foul animation. I saw a new offensive foul animation and a good variation. I test always with a pen and paper. I notice how much offense, loose ball, shooting and etc. fouls occurs in the game. in this page:http://www.nbaminer.com/foul-details/ i compare the foul stats.

I play my last game with rockets vs grizzlies(cpu).

User Cpu
offense fouls: 2 2
loose ball: 0 1
shooting: 8 12
rest: 6 7

total: 16 22

game stats: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1433696164.jpg

Now i continue to test with O.T.B and loose ball foul-sliders to get maximum. I think there are other slider values that effect loose ball and O.T.B. for example rebounds. I must play more games and see the constanty of the calls. But my feel say to me that we are in the right direction.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #13
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Another key consideration: Fatigue

You would think in this game (as in real life), when players tire they lazy-foul more often.
I'm not certain, but think I see more of our non-shooting fouls early in game.

2K players literally slow down in-game when they are tired correct?

If our game speed theory is correct will this affect non-shooting fouls occurance?

Ramziok are you seeing MORE of these non-shooting fouls early in-game or at least when the players are full speed? Can you track WHEN the fouls occur as well?

---

OVER THE BACK / LOOSE BALL FOULS

I never understood if raising the rebounding slider / player ratings actually results in more SUCCESSFUL rebounds or forces ATTEMPTS to crash the boards. If it's forces more attempts to crash, this is good and then by raising box-out ratings could force more OTB and loose ball fouls.

I know that a 99/99 rated CPU player has OTB 3 times in one game aginst me.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #14
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
^This.

Thank you! There are plenty of coded collisions. They happen all the time in-game.
If there is a coded collision animation- code your game to CALL A FOUL.

It's not like we are just calling for MORE non-shooting fouls 2K. It's the fact that the collisions are happening in your animations but the fouls are never called! How could this not drive your users insane?!
Old 06-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

I see more of our non-shooting fouls early in game. I will test nxt weekend more and give you a feedback. what are you foul sliders look like now?
the old one from 3.29?
i have now speed at 99, strength 75 Durability 65 and hustle 100. with hustle at 100 you see more battle for rebounds and i think this araise the chance to see more O.T.B and loose ball fouls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 06:46 AM   #16
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

It will never be replicated unless they can code each player to have thier own "mind" and "tendencies". Players off the ball in real life jockey for position, get into feuds, commit stupid fouls etc... which contributes to fouls. Then you have players who look to draw contact on plays like D Wade (infamous pump fake) and J Harden. Then you have the technical fouls which are tied to emotions etc...

They can do some things to improve the fouls but it will never be replicated sim wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »