Home

In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency!

This is a discussion on In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency! within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

I play with fouls at 90 user/ 70 CPU and the CPU still shoots 4-5 more FT than I do.

The only way to fix the fouls is to make defense relevant!

Good shot blockers will jump straight up and get a foul called or would be in great position to contest or block the shot will do a hard foul animation.

There are times I will jump away from the shooter and get a foul called or the CPU will knock me back in mid air for an uncontested shot.

The CPU on the other hand will do 3-4 hard foul animations but no fouls for the user.

I've had the CPU call charge on me when I'm driving to the paint from bump animations yet the defender is inside the restricted area.

This is something 2K needs to put a lot of focus on. I'm tired of Marc Gasol, D12, D-Jordan, Tyson Chandler, and other great defenders fouling a shooter when it should've been a contested, altered, or block shot.

Last edited by keshunleon; 07-16-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

have testing lately too and find new solutions without editing rosters. specially O.T.B and loose ball fouls are now called constantly. I had in one game 2 loose ball and 3 O.T.B and cpu 1 loose and 2 O.T.B. I have an average of 2-3 loose ball and 2-4 O.T.B. in one game.

I change the difficulty level to hall of fame cause I notice that more fouls are called. I have rework my slider-set and the gameplay is amazing now. I wanted to test this weekend a little more before I give a feedback here.

I figure out for loose ball and O.T.B work fine if the value O.T.B. have + 10 more than loose ball(like simulation sliders). Secondly both values must be under or equal the shooting fouls as much as possible. I say in the past that it must be a balance in the foul sliders. The strength slider value is now at 53 for user and cpu. quickness 52 and speed 100. game speed is at 41

my foul slider-set is now:

O.T.B 80
block 100
charge 85
reach 90
shoot 80
loose b. 70

I had in one game 20 fouls (11 shooting and 9 no shooting) and cpu 25 fouls ( 13 shooting and 12 no shooting).
If I could increase a little bit(1-2) more blocking fouls than its perfect.

I will give more information of my slider-set this weekend.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #35
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Ramziock your theory on OTB/LB fouls is very encouraging! These are the two areas that are weak in my current experience.

My blocking/charging findings are encourging as well. They do, however require roster edits. I discovered that in order to force blocking, charging animations that the USER must use turbo so to force the CPU to use turbo you have to raise "Attack strong on drive" tendancy. This works. I see blocking / charging calls on my CPU teamates now. I also see more fouls when players defensive consistency is raised, FWIW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 03:41 AM   #36
Pro

sandmac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramziock
have testing lately too and find new solutions without editing rosters. specially O.T.B and loose ball fouls are now called constantly. I had in one game 2 loose ball and 3 O.T.B and cpu 1 loose and 2 O.T.B. I have an average of 2-3 loose ball and 2-4 O.T.B. in one game.

I change the difficulty level to hall of fame cause I notice that more fouls are called. I have rework my slider-set and the gameplay is amazing now. I wanted to test this weekend a little more before I give a feedback here.

I figure out for loose ball and O.T.B work fine if the value O.T.B. have + 10 more than loose ball(like simulation sliders). Secondly both values must be under or equal the shooting fouls as much as possible. I say in the past that it must be a balance in the foul sliders. The strength slider value is now at 53 for user and cpu. quickness 52 and speed 100. game speed is at 41

my foul slider-set is now:

O.T.B 80
block 100
charge 85
reach 90
shoot 80
loose b. 70

I had in one game 20 fouls (11 shooting and 9 no shooting) and cpu 25 fouls ( 13 shooting and 12 no shooting).
If I could increase a little bit(1-2) more blocking fouls than its perfect.

I will give more information of my slider-set this weekend.
Well. I'm hoping you can help as I've tried your settings here with no luck. There must be some major sliders differences as I've played 4 games with your settings here and haven't seen anything close to your averages unfortunately...PLease post your sliders and roster you use. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 AM   #37
Rookie

I forget to tell you that I see now more missed shooting where the ball hang in the air. this occur the O.T.B and loose ball animation how you said in the past. I haven't now the slider set in my head. I will be afternoon at home. I know that 3s success are 45 for user and cpu and I think the defense strength of jump shoot and release at 100 for cpu and 90 and 100 for user. I think this influence how the shot type. Rebounds I have at 55 defensive and offensive. and the iportant what I forget is durability I have for both 58. I test multiple games with different durability and I had the best results with 58.

I use the 2k official roster
Old 07-17-2015, 04:41 PM   #38
Pro

sandmac's Arena

Icon9 Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

Thanks. Something is still off. Just applied your settings and played a double OT and no OTB or LB fouls. I see the shots hang on the rim more than usual which should trigger the fouls but it's not happening. Very frustrating.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Thanks. Something is still off. Just applied your settings and played a double OT and no OTB or LB fouls. I see the shots hang on the rim more than usual which should trigger the fouls but it's not happening. Very frustrating.
Im now at home amd i play a game with the last testing set and i wonder that no loose ball no O.T.B foul in the game. So i went back to the set before i make with durability at 56 and i see in this game 3 O.T.B and 3 loose ball fouls (only one be whistled by the referee). Im confused a little bit cause im sure that i play with durability at 58 in my league and i had 2 games (last 2 games last sunday)with good amount of loose ball and O.T.B. I switched to 58 cause the charging and blocking animation works better.

however try this set out and you must see now loose ball and O.T.B.

Gameplay Settings

Difficulty - hall of fame
Game Style - Start off on Simulation it will move to Custom once you make changes.
Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Shooting Type - Real FG %
FT Shooting Type - Real FG %

(Meters are personal preferences)

If you aren't familiar with your teams releases you may want to leave shot and feed back meters on.

Shot Meter - Off
Shot Feedback - Off
Rythym Icons - On
Pick and Roll Overlay - On

Game Speed - 41
Free Throw Difficulty - 50

Controller Settings

Defensive Assist Strength - 0
Boxout Assist Strength - 50

Automatic Shot Contest - Intense D

Offense (User/CPU)

Inside Shot Success – 40/39
Close Shot Success – 41/41
Mid-range Success – 44/44
3PT Success – 45/45
Layup Success – 52/52
Dunk In Traffic Freq – 52/52
Dunk In Traffic Success – 55/55
Pass Accuracy – 49/49
Alley-Oop Success – 55/55
Contact Shot Success – 45/45

Defense

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 85/85
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 100/100
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -100/100
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 90/100
Help Defense Strength - 100/100
Steal Success - 57/57

Attributes

Quickness – 52/52
Vertical – 50/50
Strength – 53/53
Stamina – 50/50
Speed – 100/100
Durability -56/56
Hustle – 100/95
Ball Handling – 40/40
Hands – 30/30
Dunking Ability -50/50
On-Ball Defense – 65/65
Stealing – 53/53
Blocking – 55/100
Offensive Awareness - 55/55
Defensive Awareness – 55/55
Offensive Rebounding - 55/55
Defensive Rebounding – 55/55
Offensive Consistency - 50/50
Defensive Consistency - 50/50
Fatigue Rate – 58/58

Tendencies

Take Inside Shots - 50/48
Take Close Shots – 50/44
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/46
Take 3PT Shots – 50/65
Post Shots – 50/50
Attack The Basket -50/50
Look For Post Players – 50/55
Throw Alley-Oops - 50/50
Attempt Dunks – 50/50
Attempt Putbacks – 55/55
Play Passing Lanes – 50/50
Go For On-Ball Steals – 70/70
Contest Shots - 52/52
Backdoor Cuts – 45/45

Fouls

Over the Back Foul - 80/80
Charging Foul - 85/85
Blocking Foul - 100/100
Reaching Foul - 90/90
Shooting Foul - 80/80
Loose Ball Foul - 70/70

i will continue to test and i will check the durability slider value.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #40
Pro

sandmac's Arena

Ram, any updates? I'm still not seeing LB or OTB much at all. Maybe one a game.
What are the POE for CPU/USER?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »