Home

help with sliders

This is a discussion on help with sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
help with sliders

Hi all!

I have a good slider i only have problem.
The CPU wait too much to finish their action. They almost always wait until the shot clock almost expired. i have already the contest shot 100.
What i need to do maybe lower the on ball defence and higher the offensive awarness? or i need to higher the the shot tendencies too?
I have another problem that the CPU(especially CPU vs CPU) can't drive in, always stop by the defender. If i want to change this i need to lower the diving contact freq?

Sorry for my bad English
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 04:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: help with sliders

Anyone can help me about this?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip00
Hi all!

The CPU wait too much to finish their action. They almost always wait until the shot clock almost expired. i have already the contest shot 100.
What i need to do maybe lower the on ball defence and higher the offensive awarness? or i need to higher the the shot tendencies too?
I have another problem that the CPU(especially CPU vs CPU) can't drive in, always stop by the defender. If i want to change this i need to lower the diving contact freq?

Sorry for my bad English

Lower your on ball defense, if it's to high , CPU doesn't want to try drives after couple of failed tries.That and high blocking will keep them away from drives (at least that's what i am observing in my games).Or incerase your Shooting and Blocking fouls sliders.

Driving contact frequency , as it looks like, just triggers different animations , depending of the number. I have it on 5 in mine and don't see any difference in AI capabilities .

In general, if CPU is meandering till shot clock runs out to often , it' s because your defensive settings are to high , so it can't deploy one of their scripted cheat plays, thus rendering him clueless...

Last edited by tariq071; 08-17-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:57 AM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Increase Offensive Awareness and make sure there's some variation in AI Tendencies rather than every tendency being the same. More variety means more initiative for the CPU to attack a certain way. Higher Offensive Awareness means the CPU will be more aggressive and need less open room in order to take a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip00
Hi all!

Sorry for my bad English

What difficulty are you on? Im using All Star with sim slider setting, and other than adjusting some foul sliders up for Over the back, Charge and Loose ball fouls, I haven mess with anything else and the AI is taking what I give them usually, occasionally its late in the shot clock, but some of that is good D too. I guess I did lower passing accuracy to 45 for more turnovers.

Adjusting shooting tendencies will help or it has int he past with the issue your having. I in the past would lower down both inside and close range, and what I took off of them I would add to mid,3pt and post shots. Then I would take off a little from dirve and add to look for post players as well.

That's how I in the past fixed the issue your having. I know with the Euro teams I have noticed a little more of taking down the shot clock, and was thinking about doing just what I said for when I play with thise teams. I thinkth ats just because of the Offense an defense IQ isn't as good as what you see with foreign players compared to the players in the NBA with this game.

Hopefully you find something that works and Im by no means a slider guru, but I do know on lower difficulties you do get stagnant offense sometimes with this game in the past, that's why I never play on anything lower than All Stars.

Good luck and hope you find a fix here on this site.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »