Home

What Are The Sliders For?

This is a discussion on What Are The Sliders For? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: What Are The Sliders For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
It would be a test - the difference is someone could spend 5 seconds explaining it OR someone can take an an hour testing something that has been tested for the last 10 years but no one really knows.

I have heard so many conflicting answers over the years.
Man we're on the same page. They add all these sliders without an explanation in how they affect the game. Some are obvious and others you have to kind of just see. Now if I can recal, someone maybe a developer around 2 years ago said that with everything at 50 in regard to tendencies and attributes, then they play to whatever the roster attribute /tendency is....
Old 09-29-2015, 06:39 AM   #10
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree on the fact of lack of slider descriptions and instructions. I wish more games took the MLB The Show approach and just put a description of what the slider is going to change, it seems like it would be really easy to add something in like this.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:06 PM   #11
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

It's typical. A bunch of genius software geeks do what they do but they have no one to write words and tell us what everything does. So they create a forum full of conflicting answers LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not snarky at all Grinder12000, as I'm right there with you.

I've been on board since 2K6 and it's always been frustrating that such a complex game has so little documentation. Before reading your post, I'd just finished a 2K16 franchise game filled with "why is this happening" and some cursing as I got waxed. I don't mind losing, but I feel better when I understand what the simulation is doing and how to interact with it.

On the other hand, I haven't bought/played Madden in ten years because it was not very sim. This year the preview convinced me otherwise and I bought it. Sometimes EA hasn't done some things well, but there's usually been documentation within the game or not far from it that get you into the game and having fun. I'm having a ball with it.

Take Two would help fans by publishing game guides with this information, and it would be a revenue stream; a win-win.

As well, educated users would give educated input to improve the game; and the game AI and other aspects would evolve just that much faster.

We can dream.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:59 AM   #13
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Sports game are poor with their communication about sliders.

I think it's because many of them have zero impact on the game itself.

I think the hustle one determines how quick a player dives on the court. Not exactly a required skill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »