Home

2K16 CPU vs. CPU (Coach Mode Lite)

This is a discussion on 2K16 CPU vs. CPU (Coach Mode Lite) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #33
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2K16 CPU vs. CPU (Coach Mode Lite)

Wait - you can CPU vs. CPU in MyGM? Am I reading stuff wrong here? Do I need more coffee and reread?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #34
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

I started a thread called "USER Sliders in CPU vs. CPU Clearly a difference"

where I tested USER Sliders in our CPU vs. CPU games. WOW!

I'll go the other directing next
Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #35
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Wait - you can CPU vs. CPU in MyGM? Am I reading stuff wrong here? Do I need more coffee and reread?
So you take two controllers you put one under CPU and the other one under your team. Then when the game starts with player introductions etc. you just unplug the first controller the one you put under your team. Then it asks you to either reconnect the controller or press start. So you press start on your second controller and now you have the CPU controlling both teams and reconnecting the original controller will not mess anything up. Now previously in 2K15 when you did this you still had the ability to make subs and call timeouts. But it seems that in 2K16 you are not able to do that but it is still fun to watch your team play against others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #36
Rookie

Hey guys so I've played a lot of games over the past few days and am getting very good box scores.

NOTE: These games have ALL been live simulcast. I have not tried to watch a full game cpu vs cpu.

That being said these are the sliders I have been using/tweaking. The set that I'm going to post here has been the set I've used for about 15 games and let me say they have been overall fantastic.

Sliders are for USER/CPU

Difficulty Superstar
12 Mins
Real Player %
Real Player FT %
Game speed 47
FT Difficulty 50 (Anything higher and FT percentage were bad)

Inside Shot Success 42
Close shot Success 44
Mid Range Success 48
3PT Success 50
Layup Success 48
Dunk In Traffck Freq 48
Dunk in Traffck Sccss 45
Pass Accuracy 42
Alley oop Success 37
Contact Shot success 42

Driving contact shot freq 85
Inside contact shot freq 100
Layup defense take off 70
Layup Defense release 70
Jump shot Def Gather 70
Jump shot Def release 60
Help Def Strength 55
Steal Success 60

Acceleration 55
Verticle 45
Strength 55
Stamina 50
Speed 50
Durability 48
Hustle 90
Ball handling 48
Hands 90
Dunk ability 49
On Ball D 80
Stealing 50
Blocking 50 (Sometimes high block games, sometimes low, and depends on team, e.g. Jazz Gobert gets a lot of blocks, makes sense)
Off Awareness 55 (Make offense IQ a little higher to counter high defense IQ)
Def Awareness 80
Off Reb 20
Def Reb 5 (When setting to both 0, there were about 2-3 offensive rebounds per team, with this its more like 8-10 which is realistic)
Off Consistency 50
Def Consistency 75
Fatigue 55
Lat Quickness 50

Tendencies

Take inside shot 40
Take close 40 (Any higher on take inside shot and close shot and # of shots per game goes up)
Take Mid 55
Take 3 75
Post Shot 50
Attack Bask 40
Look for post 50
Throw OOp 50
Attempt Dunk 50
Attempt Putback 50
Play pass lanes 50
Go for on Ball 45
Contest Shots 50
Backdoor cuts 35

Fouls

Over the back 100
Charge 85
Block 85
Reach 100
Shooting Foul 85
Loose ball 85

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am a huge fan of Sim basketball and getting great box scores.

I have set up box scores on an excel spreadsheet for every team showing score, W/L, and a couple players on what they did for the game.

Side Note: This game is fantastic overall and probably the best sports game I have ever played!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #37
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Ar4bAce - guess I have to buy another controller LOL

kingmonkeyman33 - TY - I'm in the middle of a game now and will try these the next game. Can you post some averages? FGA, Score and maybe your opinion on where the shots are being taken? Maye Steals and Blocks also.

Any opinion on Difficulty? I have a feeling it makes no difference.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 10-01-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #38
Rookie

Average Points Scored per Team - 88 points

Average Difference in Score - 8 points

Average 3 Pointers Taken per Team - 21

Average 3 Pointers Made per Team - 9

Average Rebounds per Team - 48

Average Assists per Team - 23

Average Steals per Team - 8

Average Blocks per Team - 7

Note: These are stats from the last 10 games I have played with my current sliders.

There is a big difference in the average per team comparing different teams. For example the Golden State Warriors take alot more 3s compared to the T'Wolves

I've had games where the score is close the entire time, also games when a team blows out the other team. Also, there has been games in which a team is up by 8-12 the entire game, but the better team plays really well in the late 3rd/4th quarter and wins the game.

One example of a blow out was the Wizards vs Celtics. Wizards won 115-72. Wizards took 87 shots and Celtics took 74. This resulted because the Wizards had 16 steals, 10 blocks, 8 turnovers, and shot 53% from the field and 45% from 3 (10/22). They also had 16 fast break points which shows players like John Wall and Bradley Beal impacted the game heavily (Wall had 6 steals, Beal had 3) The Wizards also had 30 assists. The Celtics had 22 turnovers, only 15 assists, and shot 36% from the field and 31% from 3 (5/16). Points in the paint were 58 and 32, Wizards and Celtics, respectively.

This was the only game I had that was a blowout and you can certainly tell why. It's not like the Celtics lose all of their games. They are currently 2-3 in myleague with a couple promising wins against the Spurs and 76ers (beat the Spurs by 4, 76ers by 14).

One problem I have is that when I first started myleague, I didn't change the sliders besides simulation-superstar. I was getting what everybody else had like 95+ shots per game and other unrealistic box scores. So I can't just show you averages per game for every team cause currently they are skewed a little high because the first 3-4 games per team were not with my current set of sliders. (and I really don't wanna restart myleague because I have watched every game with live simulcast and I don't wanna restart cause I play on watching all games...)

If you have any other questions or would like to know more stats let me know!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #39
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

How many fouls are you getting - I Watched a half and I had 36 total FTAs Of course this is 1/2 a game so who knows.

I'm using 2 fantasy teams so they are pretty generic. I watched 1/2 with Bkelly08 sliders which had a low FT% and kingmonkey with higher. Less shots FGA but more FTA.

Does anybody know if there is a Home Field advantage?

I have yet to see an Ally Opp by anybody.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:29 AM   #40
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
How many fouls are you getting - I Watched a half and I had 36 total FTAs Of course this is 1/2 a game so who knows.

I'm using 2 fantasy teams so they are pretty generic. I watched 1/2 with Bkelly08 sliders which had a low FT% and kingmonkey with higher. Less shots FGA but more FTA.

Does anybody know if there is a Home Field advantage?

I have yet to see an Ally Opp by anybody.
I was playing Clippers-Kings(me) last night. I saw only one alley oop from CP to BG. I was using Bkelly08's sliders with HOF difficulty and game speed 45 and it seems like it's pretty good. Final score was 117-94. I attempted 78 shots, the Clips attempted 92 shots. I was killed on the O rebounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »