Home

ShadyMikeGaming's "Community" Slider Set

This is a discussion on ShadyMikeGaming's "Community" Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #25
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ShadyMikeGaming's "Community" Slider Set

Been able to test this set for the last couple of days. Was able to put in 8-10 games using different teams. I don't have photos of the stats but for my feedback, it should be known that STATS ARE SPOT ON with league averages over the last few years. This set has provided me with the nearest to SIM gameplay from the AI re: tendencies and playcalling. However, my only concern is HOW the game plays in order to achieve those stats.

Here's what I mean:

-too many jumpshots and fadeaways being blocked by the CPU. I think this is a direct result of CPU blocking at 100.

- It feels like mid-range jumpers and 3pt shots almost always go in. Although the shooting percentages are spot on, i think this is because of a higher mid-range and 3 pt success and low inside and close shot success. Is it ideal for us to lower the jumpshots and up the close shots sliders a little bit?

-Also, there are still too many contested shots going in at 47/47. Again, this may be tuned out a little bit more?

-GAME SPEED: I'm on the PS4 and I found that game speed at 45 is too slow for me. Now, I know from last year, I know Shady pointed out that there is a tiny bit of difference of game speed from the PC game and the consoles. I've been playing the game at 47 game speed and I;m seeing more fluid and less akward animations.

-HANDS: They are at 40 right now and I'm seeing too many players looking like they have grabbed the rebound but ending up loosing it to the opponent. Case in point, this leads the commentators to say that the defensive team grabbed the rebound but loses it to the offensive team right away.

These are only some of things at the top of my head right now but I will be giving more feedback as the days go along. I will try and tweak them themselves as well but I would appreciate the help of the community (since this is what this set is all about) and the expertise of ShadyMike. Thanks Permatron, for this set, I can't wait to start my MyLeague (waiting on ML sliders too!).

Everyone have a good day!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

So just finished my first game with these sliders. I'm not 100% sure just yet how well they feel. It seemed like I was missing some wide open 3's from knockdown 3 shooters. I can't really judge just yet though, because I was playing the Cavs and I think they just shut down my perimeter game. Thinking I just wasn't open as much as usual so I didn't take as many shots, which in turn made it feel like I was missing a lot of jumpers.

One thing I definitely have to tweak is Ball Handling. 20 turnovers is outrageous, and over half of them were from my players dribbling off of the CPU legs! So I am going to have to see how it works in maybe one more game and if it's the same result, a change to Ball Handling is for sure.

Back to the 3PT. As I stated, I thought I was missing too many 3's, but looking at stats, it seems okay. Hollis Thompson and Kendall Marshall are my top 3 shooters (87 and 82 respectively), and they shot pretty well. So I am going to give this a few more games and see how it plays out.
Nerlins and Okafor both did really well for me, which it's usually one or the other, so I'm happy to see that. The Free Throws have improved I believe. Usually Nerlins and Okafor both miss quite a few of their FT. So I am liking the Real Player % so far.

LeBron just tore my defense to pieces. Literally could not stop him from hitting anything. I did have to turn up Defensive Assist quite a bit though, because I could stay in front of even the bench players. I feel like that is kind of a big issue this year.

The last thing that kind of caught my eye was Game Play Speed. Probably just because I am use to a faster speed, but it felt sluggish at certain points.

Besides that, I think I really like these. I'm going to continue with them for sure, and hopefully some of the kinks were just from playing the Cavs.

Feedback welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
Do you think blocks a little high. I grabbed those settings off someone that wasn't shooting much 3's.
They may be a bit high for the user so decreasing the users block would be ideal. Personally I haven't had an issue with cpu blocks but I need to get some more games in to determine if that changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #28
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
Been able to test this set for the last couple of days. Was able to put in 8-10 games using different teams. I don't have photos of the stats but for my feedback, it should be known that STATS ARE SPOT ON with league averages over the last few years. This set has provided me with the nearest to SIM gameplay from the AI re: tendencies and playcalling. However, my only concern is HOW the game plays in order to achieve those stats.

Here's what I mean:

-too many jumpshots and fadeaways being blocked by the CPU. I think this is a direct result of CPU blocking at 100.

- It feels like mid-range jumpers and 3pt shots almost always go in. Although the shooting percentages are spot on, i think this is because of a higher mid-range and 3 pt success and low inside and close shot success. Is it ideal for us to lower the jumpshots and up the close shots sliders a little bit?

-Also, there are still too many contested shots going in at 47/47. Again, this may be tuned out a little bit more?

-GAME SPEED: I'm on the PS4 and I found that game speed at 45 is too slow for me. Now, I know from last year, I know Shady pointed out that there is a tiny bit of difference of game speed from the PC game and the consoles. I've been playing the game at 47 game speed and I;m seeing more fluid and less akward animations.

-HANDS: They are at 40 right now and I'm seeing too many players looking like they have grabbed the rebound but ending up loosing it to the opponent. Case in point, this leads the commentators to say that the defensive team grabbed the rebound but loses it to the offensive team right away.

These are only some of things at the top of my head right now but I will be giving more feedback as the days go along. I will try and tweak them themselves as well but I would appreciate the help of the community (since this is what this set is all about) and the expertise of ShadyMike. Thanks Permatron, for this set, I can't wait to start my MyLeague (waiting on ML sliders too!).

Everyone have a good day!
Thanks for the feedback man. You broke it down really well on what others have been mentioning. I literally am going to copy and paste this post and send it over to Shady.

One thing I did want to add on was the game speed. 45 was a bit slow for me; felt like I was playing in the mud. I upped my game to 48 and feels a lot smooter. I'll try 47 like you mentioned to see if it's any better.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #29
Rookie

wilsonowens704's Arena

Sliders are great so far! I'll definitely get some testing in tonight.

One question: is Shady planning on releasing MyLeague settings/sliders? I haven't seen one posted in OS yet and this would be super helpful!!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #30
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonowens704
Sliders are great so far! I'll definitely get some testing in tonight.

One question: is Shady planning on releasing MyLeague settings/sliders? I haven't seen one posted in OS yet and this would be super helpful!!
I'm not sure but I will ask.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
Thanks for the feedback man. You broke it down really well on what others have been mentioning. I literally am going to copy and paste this post and send it over to Shady.

One thing I did want to add on was the game speed. 45 was a bit slow for me; felt like I was playing in the mud. I upped my game to 48 and feels a lot smooter. I'll try 47 like you mentioned to see if it's any better.

Definitely agree with this.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 10:42 PM   #32
Rookie

Game 2 finished. I'm pretty impressed. Started the game against the Bulls pretty close, which is how it remained the entire game until around 2 minutes or so we're left in the 4th. I was up 6 with 2 minutes to go, when Okafor decided to go beast mode on defense. Three straight trips down the floor by Rose into the paint, Okafor swats all three attempts back the opposite direction. Momentum swings big time at this point and I go up by 15 for the win. Really satisfied right now.

Still had a few more turnovers then were deserved, but this time it was just dumb AI (wingman cutting to the basket on a pass when he is wide open..). Will continue to keep an eye on this.

The 3's this game seemed off because Snell was dropping one in every time he touched the ball, and Covington (who is only two points lower in 3 then Snell) was missing back to back wide open 3's. I've come to the conclusion that I think it's just him though, his shot is kind of goofy and just doesn't drop for some reason. Hollis Thompson shot well from 3 again, so I feel this area is actually pretty solid.

I turned the Game Speed up to 47, and it plays so much smoother. Definitely where it should be at.

Overall great sliders so far. I'll continue to keep an eye on everything and give my feedback on things that seem a bit off.

Feedback on my games are welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »