Home

JW55 NBA2K17 Slider Sets

This is a discussion on JW55 NBA2K17 Slider Sets within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #41
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JW55 NBA2K17 Slider Sets

last game with your latest downloaded updates to 2k share......Toronto(user).....Memphis (CPU)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161017_222731.jpg (555.5 KB, 274 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
last game with your latest downloaded updates to 2k share......Toronto(user).....Memphis (CPU)
Hey Napoli, how many rebounds did your bigs grab?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:12 PM   #43
Rookie

I'm not going to even post up the results for this. I had to save and quit. I'm in the 3rd Q with 2 min to go. The score is 50 to 100. I'm losing to Phili. They're shooting 13/21 from 3.

My impressions after two games is that I love the cpu's killer instinct to shoot but I'm not sure how to stop it other than playing man, no three focus and tight d on whomever is nailing down the shot. Another thing is that it's too easy to draw fouls inside. I know can get most my points doing that but I won't. I settled for open shots off of screens. Love the game but damn I can't shoot a brick into the ocean. My shots are all off of screens. The user timing is not forgiving. If it's not perfect, it's not going in. I'm frustrated. I'm going to go watch the indians game. I'll come back to this later.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:42 PM   #44
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunknar
Hey Napoli, how many rebounds did your bigs grab?
I did a quick game I can not remember ....... sorry
Old 10-17-2016, 11:45 PM   #45
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

however I think that the CPU goes too little into bezel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #46
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
My games are very high scoring. I am using Turty11's roster aswell along with this set. Only played one game. Will play a few more before I give proper feedback.
The slider set is tuned for only the official 2k roster. I will end up doing a universal set for all custom rosters later on. I only recommend playing quick games with this set for now, until after patches and 2k has time to tune and get stuff updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunknar
I'm not going to even post up the results for this. I had to save and quit. I'm in the 3rd Q with 2 min to go. The score is 50 to 100. I'm losing to Phili. They're shooting 13/21 from 3.

My impressions after two games is that I love the cpu's killer instinct to shoot but I'm not sure how to stop it other than playing man, no three focus and tight d on whomever is nailing down the shot. Another thing is that it's too easy to draw fouls inside. I know can get most my points doing that but I won't. I settled for open shots off of screens. Love the game but damn I can't shoot a brick into the ocean. My shots are all off of screens. The user timing is not forgiving. If it's not perfect, it's not going in. I'm frustrated. I'm going to go watch the indians game. I'll come back to this later.
Brother, I hear ya. CPU is definitely killer, with the way 2k has defense setup you're gonna have to switch manually and defend everyone. The CPU will still get some open shots off when the defense breaks down, nothing can be done about that.

I am currently working the foul issue and trying to tone that down to be realistic for the user and to get the CPU to get more shooting fouls as well.

I have played a wide range of types of games from high scoring 116-121 to 85-92 games with the same teams. Some games I feel like I can't miss and others I can't make anything. I've also gotten down 20 in the first quarter to storm back in the 2nd, and had a battle through the 3rd and 4th.

So my advice would be to practice with one team and get the timings down. Never just give up and keep pushing, make adjustments and always realize that some games the other team is just better and that it'll come around for you in another game later on, where you are the team that is just better.

I am working on HOF v1.1a, and hopefully will have a update and release by the weekend.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
The slider set is tuned for only the official 2k roster. I will end up doing a universal set for all custom rosters later on. I only recommend playing quick games with this set for now, until after patches and 2k has time to tune and get stuff updated.

Brother, I hear ya. CPU is definitely killer, with the way 2k has defense setup you're gonna have to switch manually and defend everyone. The CPU will still get some open shots off when the defense breaks down, nothing can be done about that.

I am currently working the foul issue and trying to tone that down to be realistic for the user and to get the CPU to get more shooting fouls as well.

I have played a wide range of types of games from high scoring 116-121 to 85-92 games with the same teams. Some games I feel like I can't miss and others I can't make anything. I've also gotten down 20 in the first quarter to storm back in the 2nd, and had a battle through the 3rd and 4th.

So my advice would be to practice with one team and get the timings down. Never just give up and keep pushing, make adjustments and always realize that some games the other team is just better and that it'll come around for you in another game later on, where you are the team that is just better.

I am working on HOF v1.1a, and hopefully will have a update and release by the weekend.
I was controlling Dwight protecting the inside. That explains the poorly contested shots. I played a few scrimmages, the scores were closer when I started switching defenders however switching seems to discombobulate the defense of set leaving open lanes for cuts.

I spent a couple of hours last night getting the timing down with a few players bouncing back n fourth between scrimmage and freestyle. I love the difficulty due to the reward of actually making a shot. It might take me a week to get the hang of everyones timing before I can get into actual game. Love it though. Thanks JW55.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

Hey thanks for all the hard work. Can't wait until these are updated.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »