Home

Too many missed close shots and lay ups

This is a discussion on Too many missed close shots and lay ups within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Too many missed close shots and lay ups

Is it possible for a user controlled player to make a close shot? Every team I play with, it doesn't matter who the player is, its miss shot after miss shot but the cpu makes every thing. I"m using 55 close shot slider and the cpu is at 45 but they make a lot more shots than i do.. I'm also using real fg % Do the sliders even work? I'm so frustrated...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Too many missed close shots and lay ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
Is it possible for a user controlled player to make a close shot? Every team I play with, it doesn't matter who the player is, its miss shot after miss shot but the cpu makes every thing. I"m using 55 close shot slider and the cpu is at 45 but they make a lot more shots than i do.. I'm also using real fg % Do the sliders even work? I'm so frustrated...

Layups are timed this year (even on Real FG%). You have to time the release with the moment your player raises up for the layup.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Note: I play on hall of fame, 12 minute quarters, default sliders, broadcast camera.

It is possible. I make plenty of contested layups and plenty of and one's. However, I don't play with real FG% because even without it, I'm getting realistic FG%, at least I think based on stat charts. I'm also able to make the CPU miss plenty of close shots by contesting those shots. Sometimes the CPU would have several chances back to back to back to back at the rim and they simply can't make any because I'm contesting all their shots. Even with the meter on, I don't pay much attention to it, and simply flick my right stick or hold my right stick at the rim.

First five minutes of game between Warriors (me) and Phoenix Suns (CPU). CPU missing close shots. Me making close and contested shots. It's somewhere in the video.

Hall of Fame default sliders. 12 minute quarters. Broadcast camera. No sound because PS4 share function can't currently record sound with 2k17 gameplay.

In other words, it's not impossible, maybe tougher depending on the team you use, but not impossible.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-26-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:

In my experience the slider's aren't a touchy as they have been in the past. Probably more related to game engine and attributes than anything else.

For example. I have the 3pt slider for the CPU set at 39 (11 ticks down!) and they still pop a 43% accuracy clip lol. Which is fine, but that kind of a slider adjustment is usually more devastating in years' prior.

So, try making larger incremental adjustments or go directly to the attributes of the players.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Layups are timed this year (even on Real FG%). You have to time the release with the moment your player raises up for the layup.
Oh I did not know that, thanks for the feedback..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
In my experience the slider's aren't a touchy as they have been in the past. Probably more related to game engine and attributes than anything else.

For example. I have the 3pt slider for the CPU set at 39 (11 ticks down!) and they still pop a 43% accuracy clip lol. Which is fine, but that kind of a slider adjustment is usually more devastating in years' prior.

So, try making larger incremental adjustments or go directly to the attributes of the players.
I set my close shot and lay up slider to 65 and it seems to have worked a little. I don't want to make every shot but I also don't want to miss every shot either.. I guess I have to work on my timing as well.. Thanks for feedback...
Old 10-04-2016, 12:53 AM   #7
Just started!

i agree....its just waaaaaaaaaaayyyy to many close shots missed, especially with big men. Although 2k has seemed to improve the ability to effectively execute post moves with consistency, its like it doesn't matter, because u can dream shake someone out of their shoes and make them jump across lane, which means its jus you and the basket at that point, but you still miss the shot. yet 3s fall like raindrops from way beyond the arc with defense right in their face..smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »