Home

adavis2fly HOF "Real Feel" Slider Set

This is a discussion on adavis2fly HOF "Real Feel" Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 02:29 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: adavis2fly HOF "Real Feal" Slider Set

Side note, in the upcoming update I focused on getting the gameplay to where ever possession felt authentic and 100% a reasonable outcome. This is throughout the course of the game, not just and individual possession at a time. I wanted to see a realistic play followed by a even more realistic outcome so to speak (still anything can happen!). The bonus of great animations, back and forth gameplay, aggressive CPU and realistic stats all just add to the case for what I believe it's the most realistic\simulation basketball I've ever play in a video game. More soon
Old 11-02-2016, 12:01 AM   #18
Rookie

Team stats and box scores for game I played testing the updated sliders (before final foul adjust.)
Key notes:
-Kylie Irving played a amazing game with several dice through the lane, adjusting shots and finishing through the trees! Simply too much for the smaller Isaiah Thomas to handle and it showed big
- I didn't use Lebron on ball a lot I believe the cavs play best when Irving is the number one option and Lebron affects the game a little in every way. The final stat line just shows how talented he his!
- I shot a ton of free throws, partly do to a fluent offense getting good looks, part the user fouls drawn is way too high in 2k. All you really have to do is charge at a defender and attempt a shot and you'll get free throws. This will be fixed!
- Celtics struggled from deep. They took a lot of threes and some late ones falling helped balance the final stats for them. I never really felt threatened as they don't have the best shooters (Marcus smart lol) and I contested most 3's fairly well.
- late contest matter! If the offense beats you gets a clean look, still try and contest! I've seen plenty of animations where a late contest affects a players landing and rhythm when shooting and causing some misses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1367.jpg (565.2 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1365.jpg (579.7 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1366.jpg (567.5 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by adavis2fly; 11-02-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Hey there

I've tested your 1.0 set and really enjoyed it, tested pretty much all sliders on OS and it was really the one I felt the more balanced and authentic of all.

I'll test your updated version in the next few days, but just wanted to tell you to keep the good work going!!
Old 11-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #20
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

They updated on 2k share?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #21
Rookie

i tried a few games with the sliders and this is the most promising set I've found thus far on these forums. That set, there were a few problems. both teams are shooting too many free throws but especially the user. Also the turnovers are too low but especially for the user as well. I think that if you fix both of these issues that you can bump the quarters up to 12 min and still get realistic scores. Also, I noticed that you didnt mess with the user tendencies at all. Probably because you figure they are irrelevant since you control the user team. However, consider the fact that some people (myself included) play myleague with player lock instead of myCareer so the tendencies are useful for making your teammates play realistically. Another issue I will pose to you since I have not been able to find a solution despite my best efforts is the double team cheese which is not as bad as last year but is still an issue. The problem is that when one of my player's scores a lot of points they start getting instant double teamed when they post up or start doing dribble moves. And they usually leave a great 3 shooter wide open so I simply pass it to them and get a free 3. This throws off my assist numbers, points, 3point percentage, and makes us win too many games. Adjusting the help defense slider doesnt seem to make any difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ketheshot
i tried a few games with the sliders and this is the most promising set I've found thus far on these forums. That set, there were a few problems. both teams are shooting too many free throws but especially the user. Also the turnovers are too low but especially for the user as well. I think that if you fix both of these issues that you can bump the quarters up to 12 min and still get realistic scores. Also, I noticed that you didnt mess with the user tendencies at all. Probably because you figure they are irrelevant since you control the user team. However, consider the fact that some people (myself included) play myleague with player lock instead of myCareer so the tendencies are useful for making your teammates play realistically. Another issue I will pose to you since I have not been able to find a solution despite my best efforts is the double team cheese which is not as bad as last year but is still an issue. The problem is that when one of my player's scores a lot of points they start getting instant double teamed when they post up or start doing dribble moves. And they usually leave a great 3 shooter wide open so I simply pass it to them and get a free 3. This throws off my assist numbers, points, 3point percentage, and makes us win too many games. Adjusting the help defense slider doesnt seem to make any difference.
Thanks for bring this too my attention. The updated USER and CPU shooting foul sliders should be reversed. When editing, too many user free throws was the problem and I confused which slider affected which. If your using the updated blue sliders please change user shooting foul to 47 ( this controls how many fouls you get) and CPU shooting foul to 90 (this controls how many you give). This should majorly fix the foul attempts issue. As for user tendencies you are correct I didn't mess with them but if your using player lock I would start by changing all the user tendencies that are 50 to whatever is listed for CPU and see if that helps. Lastly, I do get the same problem from CPU double teams but in my case it hasn't been game breaking for me. In real life if a player starts getting double teamed it will open up the offense for the other 4 guys, just realistically that's what the defense will prefer; someone else to beat them. If your team is very talented then you will see inflated numbers off of double teams, but deflated if your using a team such as the thunder and they double team Westbrook. At the heart this is a 2k problem with defensive Awareness and rotating, but I will continue to look for solutions. Again, thanks for bringing these to my attention!
Old 11-03-2016, 08:14 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
They updated on 2k share?
Yes they are. In fact I will typically update there sooner than on here, simply becuase it's just a upload of what I'm using, no typing explanations etc.. I'll still do my best to put as much information as possible on here!
Old 11-03-2016, 08:46 PM   #24
Rookie

Version 1.1 (blue) sliders are currently in a beta version. the first page is fully updated with what i am testing now! minor fixes in the next few hours and the set will be final. feel free to try the sliders as they are now and give feedback, your input can affect the final sliders!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »