Home

"stick in the mud" slider setting

This is a discussion on "stick in the mud" slider setting within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"stick in the mud" slider setting

I'm trying to find the slider that causes the players to not burst off... I.e. the animation will take three steps before the player even moves, or after the turbo is pressed, the reaction time is at least a half a second late... I've adjusted a number of sliders, and changed what I thought might help under the player sliders, but just can't find it.... Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: "stick in the mud" slider setting

Right now I'm playing on 53 game speed with player acceleration and speed sliders at 50. This is probably the happiest I've been player movement wise. I tried increasing acceleration so players would be more explosive but didn't really feel right. Reverted back to keeping both the same at 50. I definitely think 50 game speed or below is too slow animation wise. At 53 I feel the game isn't too fast but it definitely does speed up the animations (dribbling, jump shots, post moves, etc.) and in turn it makes the game feel more responsive to me, which was probably my biggest pet peeve. It felt like whenever I wanted to perform a move, especially dribbling wise, it would take a second or so to perform in the game and a other second or so to branch out of that, meaning instead of reading and reacting to what I'm seeing, I was having to wait for my guy and I felt completely out of control basically. At 53 game speed, whatever you do on the controller plays out faster in game which in turn makes the game feel more responsive which is exactly what I was after.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Right now I'm playing on 53 game speed with player acceleration and speed sliders at 50. This is probably the happiest I've been player movement wise. I tried increasing acceleration so players would be more explosive but didn't really feel right. Reverted back to keeping both the same at 50. I definitely think 50 game speed or below is too slow animation wise. At 53 I feel the game isn't too fast but it definitely does speed up the animations (dribbling, jump shots, post moves, etc.) and in turn it makes the game feel more responsive to me, which was probably my biggest pet peeve. It felt like whenever I wanted to perform a move, especially dribbling wise, it would take a second or so to perform in the game and a other second or so to branch out of that, meaning instead of reading and reacting to what I'm seeing, I was having to wait for my guy and I felt completely out of control basically. At 53 game speed, whatever you do on the controller plays out faster in game which in turn makes the game feel more responsive which is exactly what I was after.
Hmmm ill try this
Old 12-14-2016, 03:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Hmmm ill try this
I'm testing 52 game speed with 55 acceleration now. Also plays well. I dunno how people play with reduced game speed. The game feels so unresponsive that way and the animations take too long to play out IMO.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Even 52-53 game speed feels slow to me. I have been testing in the 55-58 range.

The NBA is really fast paced and those dudes are unbelievably explosive. 50 game speed makes it feel like an 8-9 year old rec league game to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Even 52-53 game speed feels slow to me. I have been testing in the 55-58 range.

The NBA is really fast paced and those dudes are unbelievably explosive. 50 game speed makes it feel like an 8-9 year old rec league game to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Game speed being too high makes it feel arcady and at times out of control for me. With game speed 55-58, do you lower player acceleration and/or speed?
Old 12-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

uforce's Arena

i'll have to try this. I agree with you guys. It's too slow and frustrating.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Game speed being too high makes it feel arcady and at times out of control for me. With game speed 55-58, do you lower player acceleration and/or speed?
Right now I'm testing game speed at 55, acc at 0/0 and speed at 50/45. The problem is the insane attribute boosting that sometimes becomes the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »