Home

NBA 2K17 Community Simulation Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Community Simulation Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #945
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Community Simulation Slider Set (HOF, Real FG%)

Hi crew, for the past games i've seen my steal numbers increase. It was not from a steal using the steal button or interceptions but comes from bumping to the player eventhough its not intentional it happens even with the likes of kyrie who should not fumble the ball that often. Steal numbers for the CPU were okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #946
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusagamerk26
Hi crew, for the past games i've seen my steal numbers increase. It was not from a steal using the steal button or interceptions but comes from bumping to the player eventhough its not intentional it happens even with the likes of kyrie who should not fumble the ball that often. Steal numbers for the CPU were okay.

Awesome feedback. Will have a closer look and make necessary tweaks. Ball security will be looked at along with ball handling. Thanks Mate

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-24-2017, 01:44 AM   #947
Rookie

Thanks man! The steal numbers for the CPU were spot on in my several games. Fixing the user amount of steal will make this almost perfect. Thanks for the hardwork man.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 AM   #948
Rookie

I'm getting a lot of this scenario happening.

Drive into the paint on a breakaway/fastbreak wtih Lebron > get stripped by last defender under the basket.

I think this has to do with the Ball Security slider. Since the Ball Security slider description is "how easily the ball is knocked free", maybe it should be lower instead of higher? I'm not sure.

Logically, higher Ball Security should mean more secure (less likely to get knocked free). But higher "Ball Security slider" could also mean "more easily knocked free".

Who knows. 2K should explain their sliders.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:57 AM   #949
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
I'm getting a lot of this scenario happening.

Drive into the paint on a breakaway/fastbreak wtih Lebron > get stripped by last defender under the basket.

I think this has to do with the Ball Security slider. Since the Ball Security slider description is "how easily the ball is knocked free", maybe it should be lower instead of higher? I'm not sure.

Logically, higher Ball Security should mean more secure (less likely to get knocked free). But higher "Ball Security slider" could also mean "more easily knocked free".

Who knows. 2K should explain their sliders.
I believe the higher the setting, the more secure the ball is. Will adjust this in my next testing phase.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:08 AM   #950
Rookie

Thanks for the reply, Crew.

Just another question. Does anybody else feel like contested/semi-contested 3's are hitting at a higher % than uncontested 3's?

I'm hitting all the difficult 3's, but open 3's just don't fall for me.

EDIT: Just played a game.

I was the Rockets. Harden dropped 40. Came back from down 13 in the 3rd by shooting 68% in the 4th.

Now, I've played quite a few games with your sliders, and I've observed this so far.

- For some reason, I couldn't hit open 3's, but I could hit the contested 3's. CPU has a tendency to take a lot of contested 3's around screens, leading to them hitting more.

- CPU doesn't seem to attack the rim at all. They just settled for mid-range J's and 3's, which is why they have lower FTA.

- CPU causes TOV by bumping into me while I drive to the rim. It's that weird "grope" animation where the defender seems to wrap the dribbler up and the dribbler flails.

Last edited by fakeassc; 02-24-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 AM   #951
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
Thanks for the reply, Crew.

Just another question. Does anybody else feel like contested/semi-contested 3's are hitting at a higher % than uncontested 3's?

I'm hitting all the difficult ones with the Rockets, but open 3's just don't fall for me.
Thats an interesting question. Depends really. How many games have you played?

I will note this down also. Will keep you posted once I make some changes. Will try change the settings which influence this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #952
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Thats an interesting question. Depends really. How many games have you played?

I will note this down also. Will keep you posted once I make some changes. Will try change the settings which influence this.
It can happen depending on the values in your slider set. It's weird how 2k's sliders are. A few ticks one way can change several things. I've encountered that with several of mine and then I would make minor changes to shooting, awareness, or defense and it switches up. The automatic shot of the screen can get annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »