Home

Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

Armor & Swords NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Real FG%/FT% Simulation Sliders

[color="Navy"]Hello 2K "Regular Joe" Nation! We are back again and this time, I have a great feeling we are in for a very special edition of NBA 2K Basketball. Again I had no intention of picking up 2K18, but the sheer amount of improvements I read about to core gameplay and CPU AI, My League and MyGM got my toes tingling. The blogs simply floored me. Add to that the 62 Classic Teams and now also All-Time Teams, the amount of simulation goodness is just oozing out of the box this year. I could not pass this game up, and this year I really plan to focus extra hard to bring us the best simulation slider set I have ever designed for 2K basketball.

So let's talk turkey. What is a "Regular Joe" and will this set appeal to you?

1) Are you a long time sports gamer who grew up on Tecmo Super Basketball, Celtics vs Lakers, NBA Live 1995, NBA Live 2005, NBA 2K11? And you simply do not have the insane stick skills to use the shot meter, and chain together move after move? Do you play pure team basketball, want player ratings to be the absolute end all in the dice roll result in how the teams perform? Are you simply not a cheeser?

2) Do you like to run plays 80-90% of the time with some free style mixed in on breaks, loose balls and some run n gun?

3) Do you like to use full play art but other than that have a totally clean screen and play from the broadcast camera view?

4) Do you want ACE to determine everything for you so you can focus on just playing ball and allowing your coaches gameplan and the vastly improved AI to handle defensive match-ups, rebounding aggressiveness, double teams, hedges, pick and roll strategy etc etc, while you simply run the floor and work the ball?

5) Are you not totally OCD about stats that you will get slideritis? Will you enjoy the game as long as it plays smooth and true to life? Are you a hardcore Myleague/MyGM player that will let the universe take it's own course and not get bogged down in setting every little thing up for all 32 teams? (if you do that's ok but time spent playing is better use of time IMO) The only thing I do take control over is lopsided trades (what I deem just pure fleecing between the CPU teams) and mitigate injuries if for some reason they get out of hand to the point of "not realistic" territory.

6) These sliders are not tested nor designed for use with THE SHOT STICK. Period. If you use the shot stick I can't answer any questions regarding using these with the shot stick. If you want to try it...by all means. I don't use it nor will test with it.

If you answered yes to all those questions.....this very well may be the slider set for you.

I plan on running two modes this year:

MyGM - Taking on the 2017/2018 Miami Heat. I really want to dive into MyGm and enjoy the fantasy of being the GM and letting things be what they will be. I am willing to give up control of the rest of the league to let this play out and anything goes!!!

MyLeague - I am creating the ultimate classic team one season replay. I will be taking on the 1996/1997 Miami Heat (my all time favorite Heat team and so happy it was added in....and quite frankly is sealed the deal for me getting 2K18). I will add a classic team to replace every single modern day team in each division. It will be a fantastic experience. 32 team control of course.

As far as the difficulty level.....I am actually going to start at Superstar this year for the first time. In reading the Dev Blogs they made a point to say that the "ACE" system is optimal at Superstar and HOF levels. So what does that mean for us "Regular Joes"?

Fear not my 30 and 40 something compadre's as you know I will be able to cook something up after I test this thoroughly. More likely than not the sliders will slant to favor the human player to mitigate the much higher difficulty of the CPU at Superstar level. The reason for this proposed move to Superstar is to take full advantage of the much sharper AI system (ACE) at this level.

If the experiment fails we will drop back down to Pro and work from there. But I am excited to be moving up to this level and giving it a full opportunity in the name of excellent AI and ACE management so we can just focus on playing our games and not getting bogged down in cumbersome pause menu's making a myriad of defensive adjustments.

My #1 goal in any game I design sliders and settings for is to HAVE FUN!!

Having fun is the key to longevity in playing any game, but especially a sports game as deep as 2K18.

So once the fun factor is taken care of we focus on good stats, and great smooth, clean screen game play. But again....I don't get OCD about stats in the big picture. If I am having a blast playing the games....then I am good.

So sit tight everyone......and give me time to test. I will be streaming a ton of games on my twitch channel as I test the game and figure out where and what direction I need to take the sliders in to get our "sweet spot". Not only will this slider set take a lot of time to develop, I also need to get my 2K legs back under me.

It will probably take me at least 2 weeks to get version 1.0 out so be patient. I assure you it will be well worth it. I am going to invest a ton of gaming time into 2K18 this year. I already have my Madden sliders done. I am not picking up The Show 18 until at least November of 2018 (I love 17 and have a multitude of rosters I am playing with).

So 2K is my game for a long long time to come. I am a huge hoops fan and love simulation gameplay and next to The Show, NBA 2K is simply AAA quality.

I look forward to really cranking out something special for all you "Regular Joe's" this season!

Once ready to use I will be downloading Timsmooths Roster. He is a always on top of it every cycle.

Gold Set 1.0 is available on 2K Share PSN - Todem

Slider Thread Guidelines Please Read (inspired by JoshC1977)!!!!
  • Broad statements like "It's too easy" or "It's too hard" will be ignored
  • Broad generalizations based on tiny sample sizes (i.e. less than 15-20 full games in regular season MyLeague) will be ignored unless you have specific reaction/animation-based arguments to support the "why". If you have video of full games available, please refer to specific time-frames where you see things that look "off".
  • I will not make adjustments based on stats alone. I will not respond to queries based on stats alone. Video is nice, but even text descriptions of what you are seeing is helpful (oftentimes, one small detail may resonate as something I have seen myself...having secondary confirmation often helps me realize that something may be wrong). If you just post numbers, it is meaningless.
  • You're welcome to post box scores of games (lots of people enjoy seeing them) - just don't be miffed when I tell you that I usually ignore them (now, if you take the time to write specific details about how the game went and what you saw, I will totally read that). But box scores alone really don't tell me a whole lot. Stats lie all the time.
  • Take ownership of your gameplay style. If you like to go overboard and maybe exploit the CPU a bit, own it. If you're not 100% "sim", there is nothing wrong with that; but my approach may not work for you.

9/15/2017:

I will eventually give a full impression in here and the drop the post in the main forum impressions thread....but so you all know...and this comes as very sage and wise advice:

STAY OUT OF THE MAIN FORUM from this point forward. I really can't stress that enough.

This is our nest. Our safe place.....a place where we can enjoy this simply joyous sports simulation and get our settings tuned.

I am going to say it again.....posts like above....."Not seeing any shooting fouls, are you?"

Will be totally ignored.

I had tons of them last night because I attacked the basket with Whiteside and Waiters.

I simply am not going to answer vague posts and waste time. I have a crap load of testing and work to do this year. The likes you have not seen since NBA 2K11.

That is how committed I am to everyone here who wants a "Regular Joe" Pro Simulation style experience on 2K18.

This game is special.....a very special one. I feel this is the 2K game I have been waiting for since 2K11.

To give you an idea.....I stuck with 2K11 all the way up to 2K15 (I really liked 2K15). But 16 and 17....soured on me within 4 months due to over patching the game and trying to cater to everyone.

I think 2K learned a valuable lesson with 2K17 (I hope).

Regardless.....I don't want the toxicity of the main forum and the 17 year old online punk mentality to enter our nest here.

These are not sliders designed for stick jockey 2K'ers. These are for us Gen X type of guys who grew up on the earliest iterations of NBA Live and want a really smooth playing game vs an excellent CPU AI opponent.

I plan on using the full power of player training, practice scheduling, scouting, gameplanning, rookie scouting, combine workouts etc etc etc...the works. I feel MyLeague is really tuned pretty well this year (I will employ 30 team control to make sure things stay stable of course) and offers us an incredible universe of franchise mode offline that other games simply can not and do not deliver.

So once we really lock in our settings we will then turn our focus to simming seasons in MyLeague to lock in our injury, trade, contract settings, fatigue effects, injury effects, morale effects, training effects and progression and regression effects.

I promise you all I will do everything I can to give us a great and total package Myleague slider set.

Just be patient. All I ask is for patience.

Also everyone has different styles of play, teams that you play with have a huge factor. I am testing these using every team, in the league. That's right. Like I do for MLB The Show and Madden, I simply play various match-ups across the entire league to make sure I am balancing the game properly so elite teams dominate, weak teams are just that (but can get the big win sometimes like IRL).

So "Regular Joe" nation.....play the game, enjoy it and in a few weeks (hopefully) we will have a true Verison 1.0 for our settings and gameplay sliders. Then we can move on to our MyLeague set-up.

I am also going to try out MyGm this year and see what that is all about. I never ever tried it...not one minute of it to be frank. But this year I am very curious about it with the blogs I read.

Rosters I use are Tim Smooths Official 2018 NBA Roster. Follow his work here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...er-2018-a.html

Also NBA Ultimate Realistic MyLeague All-In One Roster

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-complete.html

Draft classes I will be using are the FDU (Fictional Draft Universe) follow it here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k18.html

Also I will try for Year One of My League JB’s Fictional Draft Classes Check Them Out Here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...t-classes.html
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-19-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

Superstar Level Gold (easiest set) Version 2.0 12/19/17

Game Difficulty - Superstar (again it will become custom once sliders are set)
Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Game Speed- 50
Free Throw Difficulty - 50
Foul Out - 6
Shooting Type - Real FG%
Free Throw Type - Real FT%
CPU Free Throw Camera Shake - Off
Shot Meter - Off
Shot Meter Color - Team Color
Shot Feedback - Off
Watch 2K TV While Loading - On
Action Replays -Often
After basket Camera Cuts - Often
Ball Handler Text - Name
Free Throw Camera Cuts - User Camera
Rhythm Icons - On
Pick & Roll Overlay - Off
Commentary Vol - 90
PA Vol - 75
Sound Effects Vol - 100
Crowd Volume - 90
Player Chatter Vol - 65
Coach Settings

Adaptive Coaching Engine - On
Timeout - Manual
Substitution - Manual
Substitution Method - Rotation
Offensive PlayVision - User Plays Only
PlayVision Display - Full
Play Call Messages - All
Offensive Playcalling - Auto
Defense Playcalling - Auto
Late Game Fouling - Manual

Controller Settings

Vibration - On
Pro Stick - Default
Pro Stick Orientation - Camera Relative
Off-Ball Freelance Mode - Camera Relative
Player Icons - On
Skip Pass - Enabled
Icon Lead Passing - On
Pro Stick Pass Type - Normal
Icon Passing - Default
Receiver Control - Full Receiver Control
Pro Stick Defense - Camera Relative
Shot Reaction With Intense D - On
Who To Guard - On
Defensive Assist Strength With Intense D - 50
Boxout Assist Strength - 50
Pass Target Profile -
Pass Target Profile - Custom
Pass Target Direction - 70
Pass Target Distance - 15
Pass Target Openness - 15

CPU Sliders

Inside Shot Success - 52
Close Shot Success - 50
Mid-Range Success - 50
3PT Success - 50
Layup Success - 52
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 50
Dunk In Traffic Success - 50
Pass Accuracy - 50
Alley-Oop Success - 50
Contact Shot Success - 50
Ball Security - 45
Body-Up Sensitivity - 50
Pass Speed - 50

Defense - All at 50 Except

Steal Success - 40

Attributes - All at 50 Except

Hustle - 40
Ball Handling - 40
Hands - 45
On Ball Defense - 40
Stealing - 40
Blocking - 40
Durability - 50 (-25)
Offensive Awareness - 45
Defensive Awareness - 45
Offensive Rebounding - 35
Defensive Rebounding - 40
Offensive Consistency - 40
Defensive Consistency - 40

Tendencies - All at 50 Except:

3PT Shots - 45
Throw Alley-Oops - 45

Fouls

Over The Back Frequency - 60 (+10)
Charging Foul Frequency - 60
Blocking Foul Frequency - 70
Reaching Foul Frequency - 70
Shooting Foul Frequency - 65
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 65 (+5)

Movement

Speed with Ball (Max Rating) - 70
Speed with Ball (Min Rating) - 35
Acceleration with Ball (Max Rating) - 67
Acceleration with Ball (Min Rating) - 35
Speed Without Ball (Max Rating) - 70
Speed Without Ball (Min Rating) - 35
Acceleration Without Ball (Max Rating) - 67
Acceleration Without Ball (Min Rating) - 35

User Sliders All at 50 Except:

Inside Shot Success - 55
Close Shot Success - 51
3PT Success - 51
Layup Success - 53 (-7)
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 70
Pass Accuracy - 60
Alley-Oop Success - 60
Body-Up Sensitivity - 45

Defense All at 50 Except:

Layup Defense Strength Take Off/Release - 55
Jump Shot Defense Strength Gather/Release - 55

Attributes All At 50 Except

Acceleration - 60
Hustle - 60
Ball Handling - 60
Hands - 60
Dunking Ability - 60
On Ball Defense - 60
Blocking - 60
Durability - 50 (-25)
Offensive Awareness - 55
Defensive Awareness - 60
Offensive Rebounding - 35 (-25)
Defensive Rebounding - 60
Offensive Consistency - 60
Defensive Consistency - 65
Lateral Quickness - 60

Tendencies - All at 50

Fouls - Same as CPU

Movement

Speed with Ball (Max Rating) - 70
Speed with Ball (Min Rating) - 35
Acceleration with Ball (Max Rating) - 67
Acceleration with Ball (Min Rating) - 35
Speed Without Ball (Max Rating) - 70
Speed Without Ball (Min Rating) - 35
Acceleration Without Ball (Max Rating) - 67
Acceleration Without Ball (Min Rating) - 35

Rosters and Draft Classes that I use are:

Timsmooth - Official NBA Roster - Tim does a great job creating one of the most authentic current rosters you can get on the PS4. He updates them constantly throughout the entire NBA season. Once his regular season (opening night) roster is complete this is the roster we will role with for the 2017/18 Miami Heat MyLeague

F.D.U. The Fictional Draft Universe - Simply put, if you are looking for the ultimate fictional draft classes complete with unique player looks, accessories, names, tendencies, and a fully fleshed out backstory via the FDU You Tube channel which will show NCAA highlights so you can scout these players with some film, complete with backstories....then these are the draft classes you should use. You will be able to immerse yourself into the storylines these guys create and interweave them into your MyLeague experience!!!

Armor’s My League Settings Version 1.5 10/26/17

Setup
Autosave: Off
Season Length: 82 Games
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Simulated Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Normalize to Sim Minutes - On
Normalize Played to Sim Stats - On

Playoff Length
All Playoff Series: 7 Games

Features
Automatic League Expansion: On
Protected Players: 8
Progressive Fatigue: On
Team Chemistry: On
Rule Changes: On

Contracts
Salary Cap: On
Salary Cap Value (Millions): 99
Salary Cap Inflation Rate: 50
Hard Cap: Off (I don’t want issues of superstars signing for minimum contracts)
Hard Cap Value (Millions) - 165

Trades
Trade Logic: On
Trade Deadline: On
Recently Signed Restriction: On
Recently Traded Restriction: On
Rookie Signing Restriction: On
Financial Trade Rules: On
Stepien Rule: On
Trade Override: Off
CPU Trade Offers: On
CPU-CPU Trades: On
Trade Approval: On
Trade Frequency: 60
Previously Traded Draft Picks: On

Injuries
Injuries: On
Use Roster Injuries: User Preference
Injury Severity: 45 (+20)
Injury Duration: 45 +20)
Career-Ending Injury Frequency: 10

Progression
Player Progression Rate: 55
Player Regression Rate: 45
In-Season Training Effects: 65

Difficulty
Gameplay Difficulty: Superstar (will say custom after you load in sliders don’t worry)
Simulator Difficulty: 50
Trade Negotiation Difficulty: 65
Contract Negotiation Difficulty: 60
CPU Re-Signing Aggressiveness: 65
Morale Difficulty: 75
Morale Effects: 75
Chemistry Difficulty: 85
Chemistry Effects:80
CPU Injury Frequency: 50 (+25)
User Injury Frequency: 50 (+25)
CPU Injury Effects: 50 (+5)
User Injury Effects: 50 (+5)

Miscellaneous
Draft Class Quality: 50
Player Non-Financial Ambitions Factor: 65

10/3/17 Red Set (Toughest Regular Joe Set) V1

CPU Changes from Gold Set are:

Offense

Ball Security - 50
Hustle - 45
Ball Handling - 45
On Ball Defense - 45
Stealing - 45
Blocking - 45
Offensive Awareness - 50
Defensive Awareness - 50
Offensive Consistency - 45
Defensive Consistency - 45

Human Changes from Gold Set are:

Gameplay

Inside Shot Success - 52
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 55

Attributes

Acceleration - 52
Ball Handling - 52
Hands - 52
Dunking Ability - 53
On Ball Defense - 53
Blocking - 50
Offensive Awareness - 52
Defensive Awareness - 52
Defensive Rebounding - 53
Offensive Consistency - 53
Defensive Consistency - 53
Lateral Quickness - 53

Purple Set (A Hybrid of Gold and Red and my personal set) V1 10/13/17

CPU Changes From Gold Set Are:

Ball Security - 50
Hustle - 45
Ball Handling - 45
On Ball Defense - 45
Stealing - 45
Blocking - 45
Offensive Awareness - 50
Defensive Awareness - 50
Offensive Consistency - 45
Defensive Consistency - 45

Human Changes From Gold Set Are:

Acceleration - 55
Ball Handling - 53
Hands - 53
Dunking Ability - 55
On-Ball Defense - 55
Blocking - 50
Offensive Awareness - 53
Defensive Awareness - 55
Defensive Rebounding - 53
Offensive Consistency - 55
Defensive Consistency - 55
Lateral Quickness - 55

Gameplay Sliders Gold, Red and Purple V1 and MyLeague Sliders V1 are uploaded to 2K Share under PSN Todem
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-19-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

2017-18 Miami Heat Year 1

Hassan Whiteside Set To Dominate The NBA in 2017-18

The Dragon Looks To Lead His Heat To The Promised Land

Heat Moves To 4-1 With Two Back To Back Home Wins Over The Spurs and Celtics!

Coach Spo Talks About Their Upset Win Over The Spurs

The Miami Heat had two big playoff favorites come to town. First up was Pop and The Spurs. The Heat found themselves down 4 after 1 quarter, but slowly and surely stuck around and made a huge run in the middle of the their quarter led by their back court of Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, and swingman Josh Richardson. "It was a total team effort” Spo told Aldrich. 6 players finished in double digit points. Kawi Leonard paced the Spurs with 24 points and 7 boards. What was dos impressive about the win was the sharing of the basketball. The Heat were imitating the Spurs with crisp passing, great team ball and clamp down defense in the 4th quarter. The Heat by as much as 21 midway through the 4th quarter as they put away the vaunted Spurs. It was a very clean game, but a lot of contested shots led to lower FG%’s for both squads. Rebounding was a dead heat as well. The Heat bench outscored the Spurs 38-25.

Kyrie Irving made headlines with his sudden tree to the Boston Celtics. The Boston press is already buzzing that their team is a championship contender. The Celtics came to town looking to show the Heat that they will sweep their season series again (last season they went 4-0 vs our Heaters). Kyrie was simply unstoppable. He would end up with a game leading 38 points. He would score 20 in the fist half. However the Heat never relented and held the rest of his teammates in check. Gordon Hayward and Marcus Smart combined for 25 points but the rest of the Celtics were mostly quiet. In the meantime the Heat’s new big 3 of Dragic, Whiteside and Waiters combined for 57 points, 27 Rebounds, 10 dimes and 4 blocks to lead the Heat to a huge 106, 96 win. The home crowd was delirious as the Heat again clamped down in the 4th and pulled away. They overcame a 3rd quarter 10 point deficit to boot. Kelly Olynyk had his best game as a member of the Heat and poured in 15 points and grabbed 11 boards. Olynyk was visibly fired up throughout the game pumping his fists after each basket. Goran Dragic spoke and talked about the continued evolvement of his team and how they are the team that went 31-10 in the second half of 2016-17 but even better.

The Heat will now welcome another young on the rise team in the Minnesota Timberwolves to the American Airlines Arena. The much ballyhooed matchup of Townes vs Whiteside part 1 is upon us (The Heat will only face them 2 times this season).

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-15-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Get mine at 9pm and took tommorrow off
Old 09-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #5
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeaaaaa budddyyy! Armor faithful from the Show this year. Looking forward to taking this journey with you on NBA2k18 as well. excited that you are going to give superstar a look. will chime in with observations as I get games under my belt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Gent's,

The game will be in my hands at 9PM EST tonight. I will install her and fire up a test Myleague to test gameplay first and foremost. Default Superstar is our starting base.

I will post here when I stream a test game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Gent's,

The game will be in my hands at 9PM EST tonight. I will install her and fire up a test Myleague to test gameplay first and foremost. Default Superstar is our starting base.

Same. Mess around with SS until rosters and draft classes come out
Old 09-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #8
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Gent's,

How are you getting it at 9 PM?
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »