Home

Question for sliders experts

This is a discussion on Question for sliders experts within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question for sliders experts

I will start by saying that I absolute love 2K18. I have made a couple of tweaks and I already feel like I am close to an enjoyable slider set. There's only one major issue that I cannot figure out. The CPU still sucks at defending the pick & roll/pop against elite wing players. I am a Celtics fan and I am finding it way too easy to get to the rim with Gordon Hayward. The shooting percentages for my team are accurate with the exception of Hayward. I typically score 20+ points on Hall of Fame in under 10 shot. My most recent game was against the Mavs. Hayward had 21, 9, and 6 on 6-8 FG and 9-9 FT. I can also expose this with Tatum to a lesser extent.

The issue I am facing is that the CPU shows no aggression when I call for a pick. They either pre-rotate and give me an easy angle to the hoop or are too slow at reacting to whatever direction I decide to go in. Is there a fundamental fix with sliders that I am missing? Below are some of the sliders I adjusted in hopes of fixing the issue.

Help Defense Strength - 75 (not sure if this impacts tendencies or the overall effectiveness of help defense)

On Ball Defense - 70 (thinking of upping this higher but my issue isn't related to on ball defense. It feels like there's a fundamental flaw in the CPU's approach to defending elite wing scorers.

Defensive Awareness - 100 (I always set this to 100 right out of the box)

Defensive Consistency - 65 (should i increase this much higher?)

Contest Shots - 65

The only other thing I can think of is adjusting layup defense strength but this feels like an artificial solution. I want the CPU to force me into taking more mid-range jumpers. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #2
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question for sliders experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTonD56
I will start by saying that I absolute love 2K18. I have made a couple of tweaks and I already feel like I am close to an enjoyable slider set. There's only one major issue that I cannot figure out. The CPU still sucks at defending the pick & roll/pop against elite wing players. I am a Celtics fan and I am finding it way too easy to get to the rim with Gordon Hayward. The shooting percentages for my team are accurate with the exception of Hayward. I typically score 20+ points on Hall of Fame in under 10 shot. My most recent game was against the Mavs. Hayward had 21, 9, and 6 on 6-8 FG and 9-9 FT. I can also expose this with Tatum to a lesser extent.

The issue I am facing is that the CPU shows no aggression when I call for a pick. They either pre-rotate and give me an easy angle to the hoop or are too slow at reacting to whatever direction I decide to go in. Is there a fundamental fix with sliders that I am missing? Below are some of the sliders I adjusted in hopes of fixing the issue.

Help Defense Strength - 75 (not sure if this impacts tendencies or the overall effectiveness of help defense)

On Ball Defense - 70 (thinking of upping this higher but my issue isn't related to on ball defense. It feels like there's a fundamental flaw in the CPU's approach to defending elite wing scorers.

Defensive Awareness - 100 (I always set this to 100 right out of the box)

Defensive Consistency - 65 (should i increase this much higher?)

Contest Shots - 65

The only other thing I can think of is adjusting layup defense strength but this feels like an artificial solution. I want the CPU to force me into taking more mid-range jumpers. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
these changes made you on the basis of default HOF? ...... the changes are both cpu and user?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
these changes made you on the basis of default HOF? ...... the changes are both cpu and user?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Operation Sports mobile app

All of those changes were to the CPU with default HOF. This has been a problem for a couple of years now but it definitely feels better to an extent in 2K18. The key to abusing the CPU is minimal use of turbo in the pick & roll. Usually I can usually navigate and take my time getting to the rim with minimal resistance. The game honesty feels great on Hall of Fame minus this one issue. In 2K17 I overcompensated by lowering other sliders to make offense more difficult. This year I am hoping to address the true problem so that I am forced to use a more balanced attack.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Start by setting the Jump Shot Defense Strength sliders both to 55. This will greatly improve perimeter defense AND make the CPU more aggressive at closing out on shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »