Home

HISTORICAL problem in the foul system

This is a discussion on HISTORICAL problem in the foul system within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2017, 02:44 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: HISTORICAL problem in the foul system

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac

Thankfully global edits are really quick and easy this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you do that? Or is that a PC thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 09:56 PM   #42
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Go into the roster and press options to cycle through attributes, tendencies etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 02:40 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yesterday in the real nba 3 teams have 25 fouls
in the game this never happen

NEVER

we can't have a real stats match in this game
there is no slider/rouster settings to fix that, the non-shooting foul system is broke in this game
Old 11-04-2017, 03:20 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Y'all know what 2K can do to increase fouls?

Fix the phasing body parts. On my layups and jumpshots, there could be so many more shooting fouls there.

An example is when I'm going up for a layup, sometimes my opponent will "phase" through my body part during their block attempt. It's easily a shooting foul, but 2K lets them phase through me, leading to no call.

Then there's blocking/charging fouls. There are times when whole bodies "phase" through one another. If someone dribbled that strongly, maybe 2K should call a charge instead of giving the crappy "phasing" animation.

Also, on jumpshots, there are shot contests during which their hands just swipe and "phase" across my arms. No call again.

If 2K can make those "phasing" animations and circumstances into "tangible body parts", then we'd get a lot more fouls and it would look very natural and actually realistically reflect what happened on the court.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #45
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
Yesterday in the real nba 3 teams have 25 fouls
in the game this never happen

NEVER

we can't have a real stats match in this game
there is no slider/rouster settings to fix that, the non-shooting foul system is broke in this game

Since the latest patch, Ive seen 0 over the back fouls, when NBA2k18 1st came out, if you had OVB fouls set to 100, you would see a few each game, but not none. Also I think they did something with reach ins, because before the last patch if you set on ball steal attempt slider to 55 for both teams you would see some reach in fouls each game, now its rare to see 1.
And so far since the game came out, Ive seen 1 foul on a attempted 3. Now days, IRL, you see fouls on attempted 3's basically every game.

NBA2k has had a issue for years of lack of non shooting fouls. It seem to be improved this yr, but with patch 5, they have screwed it up once again. Probably those online crybabies started whining about having to many, so they changed it and its now screwed those of us offline guys, who actually want a true simulation. I guess I shouldnt be too surprised, it happens every yr now, once they start crying about something, it in turn seems to screw the actuall hardcore basketball fans who play the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
NBA2k has had a issue for years of lack of non shooting fouls. It seem to be improved this yr, but with patch 5, they have screwed it up once again. Probably those online crybabies started whining about having to many, so they changed it and its now screwed those of us offline guys, who actually want a true simulation. I guess I shouldnt be too surprised, it happens every yr now, once they start crying about something, it in turn seems to screw the actuall hardcore basketball fans who play the game.

ABSOLUTELY THIS

2K have to split the game in two version, two different game

ONE for the online crybabies
ONE for the offline simulation! we only want a true simulation game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by penny80; 11-07-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The best we can do is compensate by having too many reach in and blocking/charging fouls coupled with too many shooting fouls.
I've been trying to achieve this and haven't had any success. I have User shooting fouls at 100 and reaching fouls at 90, and the AI still struggles to get to the line.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #48
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I've been trying to achieve this and haven't had any success. I have User shooting fouls at 100 and reaching fouls at 90, and the AI still struggles to get to the line.

Where do you have your body sensitivity slider? I see plenty of shooting fouls in the paint, and I only have shooting fouls sliders at 80.

Where Im not getting any shooting fouls is on attempted perimeter shots, namely a lack of fouls on attempted 3's. Ive seen 1 foul in a 3pt attempt, since I got the game on the early release date.

Also the drive contact, and inside contact, sliders raise some, and you should see more fouls at the rim. Outside of that. Hope this helps you, outside of these things, I dont know what else to tell you. Oh raise on ball steal slider up some and that could possibly help you some as well.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »