Home

Is it just me..

This is a discussion on Is it just me.. within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

OVR: 0
Minor slider changes effecting everything else

or when you touch any slider it effects the cpu completely? So I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed, when playing on superstar, the cpu will shoot a guaranteed 50% from the field. (and when they actually do miss, they get the offensive rebound and score) So I decided to reduce 3pt success, midrange, and layup BARELY BY ANYTHING, still in the 45-50 range and all of a sudden superstar became way too easy. It seems their defense was effected and I could score whenever I wanted and that I couldnt miss from 3. And they couldnt do **** offensively, and this is with me barely adjusting 3 sliders.

Last edited by thechef128; 10-05-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is it just me..

I actually registered here to discuss this and found this thread.

When I started playing 2K18, I tried All-Star (I was playing on Superstar in 2K17 but I usually start the new game by dropping down the difficulty to learn new mechanics) but it turned out it was way too easy after a while so I moved to Superstar. It was too hard because CPU was hitting too many shots and finding spaces too easily, so I decided to mess with the sliders a little and adjusted just a couple of things - changed Ball Security to 40 for both (it's normally 50 CPU/30 User), did not mess with shooting at all. I started playing and suddenly Cleveland Cavaliers could not shoot, could not move with the ball, and I outscored them by 9 points in 3 minutes which was basically easier than All-Star. I tried this over and over with the same outcome. Basically, once you change a single setting on Superstar, it ceases to be Superstar level. They literally go from shooting 70% to shooting 30% by just tweaking Ball Security from 50 to 45 which is nonsense.

It's the same on Switch although due to lower framerate All-Star is actually a decent difficulty there, and you can have something between All-Star and Superstar by just putting everything at 50 (aside from defensive awareness and consistency which are better off at 55-60).

It's a bit crap because I would really like a slightly easier Superstar but it seems like it's not possible to create it.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
Just started!

ZigZagGM's Arena

What do you qualify as the CPU "hitting too many shots"? Because I know that sentiment on Hall of Fame, but on Superstar I've found the game to be pretty balanced, even without sliders.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagGM
What do you qualify as the CPU "hitting too many shots"? Because I know that sentiment on Hall of Fame, but on Superstar I've found the game to be pretty balanced, even without sliders.
Admittedly I was playing Cavs and Rockets in the two games but they shot well over 50% from three point and it felt like they would score on every possession at one point when they got going. I reduced pass accuracy for CPU to 50 and increased Ball Security to 50 for User and it's now more balanced even though this has little to do with their shooting (well maybe they get fewer open positions due to lower pass accuracy but that's barely a change from 55).

I will see how it does now. On the Switch it seems to work fine. It does appear though that changing random sliders affects other sliders too, somehow, or I am just working in a too small sample size.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't believe that the CPU hits too many shots on default sliders for any difficulty. They hit a realistic percentage of open shots. I play Hall of Fame and the CPU gets open consistently unless I am extremely focused. My first three Hall of Fame games resulted in the CPU shooting under 44%. To hold off the CPU you need to be able to switch from on-ball to off-ball defense multiple times during possessions. More often than not the CPU tries to run a set that has multiple shooters/scorers using off-ball screens to get open. The key is to control an off-ball defender in order to fight over/under the screens so that you are able to put a hand up right as the defender catches the ball.

When you are playing on-ball defense I do not recommend playing tight defense unless you have an elite defender against a weak ball handler. Not only are you prone to giving up a drive, you also give the offense better passing lanes. Play moderate on-ball defense and don't bite on the CPU's every move. The key to defense in 2K is to close on shooters and put your hand up right when the CPU is about to shoot. Less is more when playing on-ball defense in 2K.

I raised all CPU sliders to 55 in order to get accurate results from elite scorers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

You want to see the CPU make more mistakes, lowering the offensive Awareness really seems to help with this. You will also see more non steal turnovers as well, as offensive fouls.

In years past, if you did this, they would get real dumb real quick, and you would see too many AI players standing around and the ballhandler would stand on the perimter dribbling down the shot clock. Last yr with the improved AI, I found this to work, and it seems to work even better this yr with a smarter AI.

For whatever reason, lowering offensive awareness actually effect FG%, which I dont really agree, as personally I think shooting sliders is the only things that should effect FG%. Anyway, if you do this and see the CPU shoot consistently poorly, then you will need to raise up shooting sliders for them. I have had too do this, with lowing the offensive awareness, and Im not very good on defense, so its likely most would need to raise shot sliders up if they lower offensive awareness.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

For the past 3 2k games I usually put cpu shooting between 45-47 for both midrange and 3pointers. I really think it makes a big difference . I added some great all star sliders if anyone would be willing to try them. On the sliders page

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #8
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

I would suggest the OP change the title of this thread, but I'm seeing this issue also.

Im looking into this further, but I play on HOF and noticed this as I made my first slider adjustments the other day. They were also minor and at first, zero adjustments to shooting itself. Yet, Ive seen a massive decrease in shooting success by the CPU.

As I said, looking into this further as this is potentially a significant bug...

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »