Home

Old 09-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
2k18 Flaws

I finally got around to playing 2k18 for the 1st time although I had it when it first came out. It seems like a very good game from what I played but also seemed kinda easy. Again, it was only one game. Maybe different when I play again. Seems like all rebounds go to bigs, but I'm going to look into that more as I play. I'm a little behind and my time is limited. Was hoping some of you could point out some flaws you have noticed that I can keep my eyes open for please? Considering making sliders eventually. I'm sure I will find flaws as I continue to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2k18 Flaws

The rebounding is a problem for me. My center and pf inhale everything. Guards like westbrook just cannot consistently get 7 or 8 rebounds a game. Im still messing with rebounding sliders to try to resolve the issue.

HOF default is a bit easy this year for me. Will have to customize some sliders to make it more of a challenge. The cpu shooting % is down a lot this year. Ive been consistently holding the cpu to around 40%.

Blowing by the cpu on a drive is also a bit too easy. Other than that, the game plays really nicely and im pretty sure all these issues can be resolved with slider tweaks after some extensive testing. It should be a great game this year.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
The rebounding is a problem for me. My center and pf inhale everything. Guards like westbrook just cannot consistently get 7 or 8 rebounds a game. Im still messing with rebounding sliders to try to resolve the issue.

HOF default is a bit easy this year for me. Will have to customize some sliders to make it more of a challenge. The cpu shooting % is down a lot this year. Ive been consistently holding the cpu to around 40%.

Blowing by the cpu on a drive is also a bit too easy. Other than that, the game plays really nicely and im pretty sure all these issues can be resolved with slider tweaks after some extensive testing. It should be a great game this year.
Ive been messing with sliders as well trying to get guards more rebounds and bigs less rebounds.

Ive lowered rebounding down for boht off and def, some and that hasnt done much really.

1 thing I would recommend trying is lowering hands slider. Big typically have lower ratings in this area, which they should, and this seems to help, or I think it has anyway. Oddly enough you need to raise the slider that protecst the ball, not ballhandling, but the other 1 thats right above the collision slider, otherwise you will see too many steals. I keep ballhandling low, as you see more charge calls this way.

Something else I have noticed is some big have higher rebounding ratings than they should. For example Roy Hibbert and Rick Smits on Pacers all time team. Neither were good rebounders when you take into account Roy is 7'2 and Smits is 7'4. doing some editing to fix rosters does make a difference. Not sure why roster ratings are always so bad each yr with NBA2k, I sometime wonder if those who decide these ratings, watch much of the NBA.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-27-2017, 06:17 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622

I'm going to get onto rebounding for sure. The PF and C really do grab everything. The blowing by defenders aspect I need to examine more. Most players nowadays don't play defense anyways lol. If the lockdown defenders are performing properly and the help defense is doing fine, shouldn't require much tweaking. I held the cpu to around 36% shooting without trying much and I think that needs to be looked into for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Ive been messing with sliders as well trying to get guards more rebounds and bigs less rebounds.

Ive lowered rebounding down for boht off and def, some and that hasnt done much really.

1 thing I would recommend trying is lowering hands slider. Big typically have lower ratings in this area, which they should, and this seems to help, or I think it has anyway. Oddly enough you need to raise the slider that protecst the ball, not ballhandling, but the other 1 thats right above the collision slider, otherwise you will see too many steals. I keep ballhandling low, as you see more charge calls this way.

Something else I have noticed is some big have higher rebounding ratings than they should. For example Roy Hibbert and Rick Smits on Pacers all time team. Neither were good rebounders when you take into account Roy is 7'2 and Smits is 7'4. doing some editing to fix rosters does make a difference. Not sure why roster ratings are always so bad each yr with NBA2k, I sometime wonder if those who decide these ratings, watch much of the NBA.
I think the ball security being low for the user is to prevent cheese. Some players like to dribble too much and not move the ball around. I like that aspect. It's not perfect but it creates that sense of the ball being live. From what I've felt so far, the game doesn't require too much change.

As for the Legend ratings on the All-time teams, simply horrible. I asked myself, why is Steve Nash 6 overall points over Kevin Johnson? Not saying he should or shouldn't be higher but there is in no way a 6pt gap. Steve Nash was technically a better shooter and a flashier passer. Somehow, someway, Nash is rated better on defense than Kevin Johnson. 2k18 unrealistically bumped up the ratings of many legends. Steve Nash had greater impact in terms of the Era he played in and it helped get him 2 MVP's. KJ played in a tougher Era and still put up comparable stats with a better PER.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Pro

Saro1's Arena

OVR: 0

Hi Eggie, after the wonderful experience with your sliders last year, can't wait to play with your new set, hoping you will do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »