Home

how to reduce loosing balls?

This is a discussion on how to reduce loosing balls? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
how to reduce loosing balls?

hi
I dont understand something.
a lot of times the ball loose free because of colissions.
I know its the Ball Security and Body-Up Sensitivity sliders.
which sliders I need to raise or lower, to reduce the loosing ball?
ty

Last edited by yossia23; 10-27-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #2
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: how to reduce loosing balls?

First of all its a good thing that they increased the overall chances of loosing the ball when in traffic, in previous years you could run into opponents too easily without getting punished.

If its too much for you increase ball security. Body-Up is for how much bumping youll get, I dont know how much impact this might have with loose balls but If I were you you would want to decrease that.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:40 AM   #3
Rookie

I think the "butterfingers" in 2K18 are one of the worst gameplay mechanics they've implemented.

Reason why is because, even if you're doing a P&R with someone like KD, who's got decent handles, he ends up losing the ball (no traffic btw) and it just looks silly. These players are pro ballers. Not some dude at your local gym playing pick-up.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

joeptc's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
I think the "butterfingers" in 2K18 are one of the worst gameplay mechanics they've implemented.

Reason why is because, even if you're doing a P&R with someone like KD, who's got decent handles, he ends up losing the ball (no traffic btw) and it just looks silly. These players are pro ballers. Not some dude at your local gym playing pick-up.
Hey, I'm kickass at my local gym . I can make it up and down the court 5 times before I call for a sub!
Old 11-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Increase Ball Security to reduce the amount of loose balls from collisions.

Keep Body Up Sensitivity at 100 IMO. Lower values lead to the game ignoring nearby defenders and not triggering “player interaction” animations. You’ll actually lose the ball MORE OFTEN with Body Up Sensitivity set lower, because with the game ignoring nearby defenders you’ll have more instances of simply dribbling the ball into a defender as if they weren’t even there.

People think Body Up set high = brick wall animations, but 2K did a great job of removing those this year. Setting it high will get rid of the ugly instances of the game ignoring nearby defenders, it will trigger a LOT more animations, AND it will trigger more blocking/charging fouls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Increase Ball Security to reduce the amount of loose balls from collisions.

Keep Body Up Sensitivity at 100 IMO. Lower values lead to the game ignoring nearby defenders and not triggering “player interaction” animations. You’ll actually lose the ball MORE OFTEN with Body Up Sensitivity set lower, because with the game ignoring nearby defenders you’ll have more instances of simply dribbling the ball into a defender as if they weren’t even there.

People think Body Up set high = brick wall animations, but 2K did a great job of removing those this year. Setting it high will get rid of the ugly instances of the game ignoring nearby defenders, it will trigger a LOT more animations, AND it will trigger more blocking/charging fouls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what Ive found so far too. I like seeing more sloppy play, because game doesnt have enough turnovers, especially non steal turnovers, so I actually lower ball handling, which leads to more charge calls as well, and I lower hands quite a bit, its not perfect, but by doing this while raising ball security up works fairly well. That way, if you throw it in the post, a big dont always lose the ball, when a defender reaches for it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #7
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Learnt this the hard way when I realized the Ball Security on HoF for the users was set to 20 whereas the CPU was on 50
Old 09-07-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
Just started!

Just so you know, its losing, not loosing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »