Home

Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fouls) XBOX ONE

This is a discussion on Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fouls) XBOX ONE within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 05:39 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fo

And I'm not even going to say I have the best sliders at all. I just want a direction towards ultimate realism. As a community we can get close whether its your input, someone else's, others' slider sets, tips from other slider sets, tendency edits, etc. Gotta start from somewhere.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Devroyce Sliders (W/Updated Individual Player Defense Tendencies for Increased Fo

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Yeah I'm quite skeptical about the rebounding of those guys as well. What I do believe happens is some of it is based on hype...no offense to what he can do in that area of the game...but what we actually see. For example only, lets say I don't get to see the Pacers play often, and I moght see them only when playing on National TV, that one player might go off or post some extraordinary stats and after that game I will base my opinion only on those few games because they are the only games I've witnessed that player. Thats what starts the hype and the casual gamers literally run with it. And yes I agree and believe that the devs know how to get it right at this point especially with all the tools provided and thefact that we are to come up with some amazing results within our limits alone! But yes, the mass...they get what they want. Lol.

Recently, I was watching a Miami vs Bulls game on TV...and I actually focused on all those mishaps you mentioned in the first paragraph. Guess what? Those mistakes were actually happening right out the gate lol.

Timeline of that game:

-Tip off landed out of bounds.
-Josh Richardson air balled a layup.
-Justin Holiday dropped a pass out of bounds thereafter.
-Dion Waiters loses the ball (dribbling) out of bounds
-Hassan Whiteside deflected a pass out of bounds.

At that point, the score was tied at 3-3 with 9:30 remaining in the first qtr!!! All those mishaps in under 3 minutes!

And yes there are teams who do have somewhat "perfect qtrs" of basketball and its perfectly possible. However, what we explained above is the kind of realism I want to see in this game from time to time. Not that perfect basketball every game I play. Agreed.

That 1st qtr of the Heat/Bulls game was comical, with how bad it was

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
That 1st qtr of the Heat/Bulls game was comical, with how bad it was
Yes it was. Seriously comical lol. Kinda expect that out of those teams. Especially the Bulls. But it is a great example of the sloppiness that is literally real and should be duplicated.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #20
Banned

Man if 2K really listened to us we won't have to go through this just to have realistic fouls, especially those fouls on 3's we all want...
Old 11-30-2017, 06:35 PM   #21
Banned

Testing a game with off rebound slider at 4 instead of 5 for CPU & 9 for USER instead of 11 (focus is Myles Turner with this change so I can see if there is a difference...so far he has 7 Rebs/ 2 of them are offensive rebs which is close to his avg of 7.4 rebs/1.1off rebs per game after 48 minutes). Right now, I am in a wild and explosive game where Justice Winslow hit a 3pt dagger to save MIA and send the game into overtime.

IND 105 @ MIA 105 (both teams have 20 fouls each)

...will post results after overtime...

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #22
Banned

After 48 Minutes: 1269882.png

During Overtime: 1340423.png

Total Game Stats:1358537.png

Myles Turner crushed me with 2 monster blocks near the end and Oladipo sealed the deal with a huge 3 pointer in the remaining seconds! This was way too fun.

IND 114 (21 Fouls/20 before OT)
MIA 112 (23 Fouls/20 before OT)

Other Notes: I didn't see any 3pt fouls this game. What I did see was ample amount of charging fouls and a TON of reach in & blocking fouls which is part of what I want than just inside shooting fouls. League average standard met again though.

Last edited by devroyce; 11-30-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Testing a game with off rebound slider at 4 instead of 5 for CPU & 9 for USER instead of 11 (focus is Myles Turner with this change so I can see if there is a difference...so dar he has 7 Rebs/ 2 of them are offensive rebs which is close to his avg of 7.4 rebs/1.1off rebs per game after 48 minutes). Right now, I am in a wild and explosive game where Justice Winslow hit a 3pt dagger to save MIA and send the game into overtime.

IND 105 @ MIA 105 (both teams have 20 fouls each)

...will post results after overtime...

There are times, when Miles does have big rebound games, unfortunately at this stage of his career, its not consistent. Some of it is due to lack of strength, he just needs to get stronger, and offensively he spends alot of time on the perimeter, so he isnt always in a good position for a putback.

I do believe in time he will be a good rebounder, he is just young, and need to get stronger.

I also think bigs tend to get overrated in rebounding, while some of your good rebounding guards and SF's tend to be too low. For instance Lance Stephenson is a very good rebounding guard, who 2k has his rebounding ratings too low.

Ive been considering a big rerate before I start MyLeague, but Im very impatient, so I usually just edit within MyLeague. I just cant decide what I want to do, as Im very OCD when it comes to stats

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #24
Banned

NBA league Averages as of today 11/30/2017:

FG: 39
FGA: 85.4
3P: 10.4
3PA: 28.9
FT: 16.9
FTA: 22.1
ORB: 9.7
DRB: 33.9
TRB: 43.6
AST: 22.5
STL: 8.0
BLK: 4.8
TOV: 15.3
PF: 20.5
PTS: 105.3
FG% 45.7
3P% 36.2
FT% 76.6

Game Stats are just as important as Gameplay in a 48 Minute game. Just sayin'...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »