Home

NBA 2k18 OS Kings Authentic Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 OS Kings Authentic Sim Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 OS Kings Authentic Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
You can try it with the official roster but it has been tested and formed around my roster which I have a thread for.

Overall it'll still play good as I understand both the official and mine

Finally starting with the updated rosters with the new sliders so pumped! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #26
Rookie

Your New roster and sliders post deadline

Old 02-20-2018, 04:43 AM   #27
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtl420
Your New roster and sliders post deadline

Yes but the opening post is not edited, there are minor changes to edit in post off the top of my head 3pt shooting tendency is down to 60
Attack basket and inside shots both 99
Jump shot gather d strength is 77? Release is now 40?
Inside shots at 50

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 02-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

For what it's worth to anyone that's tried and enjoyed Brook's movement sliders, I took Gro's roster and latest slider set and adjusted any movement related slider to reflect those minor changes. Those updates ended up being:

Game Speed: 57
Pass Speed: 45
Acceleration: 50/40
Speed: 50
Lateral Quickness: 50
Speed with Ball (Max Rating): 70
Speed with Ball (Min Rating): 35
Acceleration with Ball (Max Rating): 67
Acceleration with Ball (Min Rating): 35
Speed without Ball (Max Rating): 70/65
Speed without Ball (Min Rating): 35/30
Acceleration without Ball (Max Rating): 67/62
Acceleration without Ball (Min Rating): 35/30

Shot Reaction With Intense-D: Off
Defensive Assist With Intense-D: 0
Boxout Assist Strength: 0

Devroyce is doing something similar with his set so it's not a unique idea. I've been plugging these changes into the various OS slider sets to gauge how they feel. The results here are generally positive and I absolutely love Gro's roster so it made sense to try. You can create a similar feel to this with just the speed and movement sliders, but the cool thing about having game speed all the way up at 57 is it seems like, at least to me, the computer moves into their offensive plays very quickly, which I think is a big plus for the overall flow of the game. Also, I think the OS slider makers in general have settled into lower game speed settings in an effort to create realistic stats (which is completely justifiable), but the end result is a molasses like feel to the game. Brooke's movement changes really let you feel the athleticism of the players, as the NBA in real life is a fast game.

Things still aren't perfect. My biggest criticism is that I feel like contested shots miss and open shots go in without much variation. This should be the norm, but not the rule and the elite scorers should be able to hit some contested mid rangers which doesn't really happen very often. I play with the controller assist settings at 0 and auto shot contest off to help with this, but it doesn't really fix the issue. Just gives the CPU players more of a chance to get open. Otherwise, it's still just too easy to get into the lane, but I'm not sure any sliders really fix that this year. Just something we have to deal with.

Anyway just an idea to throw out there and absolutely no credit to me. All that goes to Gro and Brooke. Love the work you've done, Gro. Your roster has been absolutely incredible ever since you started it.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #29
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arut2002
For what it's worth to anyone that's tried and enjoyed Brook's movement sliders, I took Gro's roster and latest slider set and adjusted any movement related slider to reflect those minor changes. Those updates ended up being:

Game Speed: 57
Pass Speed: 45
Acceleration: 50/40
Speed: 50
Lateral Quickness: 50
Speed with Ball (Max Rating): 70
Speed with Ball (Min Rating): 35
Acceleration with Ball (Max Rating): 67
Acceleration with Ball (Min Rating): 35
Speed without Ball (Max Rating): 70/65
Speed without Ball (Min Rating): 35/30
Acceleration without Ball (Max Rating): 67/62
Acceleration without Ball (Min Rating): 35/30

Shot Reaction With Intense-D: Off
Defensive Assist With Intense-D: 0
Boxout Assist Strength: 0

Devroyce is doing something similar with his set so it's not a unique idea. I've been plugging these changes into the various OS slider sets to gauge how they feel. The results here are generally positive and I absolutely love Gro's roster so it made sense to try. You can create a similar feel to this with just the speed and movement sliders, but the cool thing about having game speed all the way up at 57 is it seems like, at least to me, the computer moves into their offensive plays very quickly, which I think is a big plus for the overall flow of the game. Also, I think the OS slider makers in general have settled into lower game speed settings in an effort to create realistic stats (which is completely justifiable), but the end result is a molasses like feel to the game. Brooke's movement changes really let you feel the athleticism of the players, as the NBA in real life is a fast game.

Things still aren't perfect. My biggest criticism is that I feel like contested shots miss and open shots go in without much variation. This should be the norm, but not the rule and the elite scorers should be able to hit some contested mid rangers which doesn't really happen very often. I play with the controller assist settings at 0 and auto shot contest off to help with this, but it doesn't really fix the issue. Just gives the CPU players more of a chance to get open. Otherwise, it's still just too easy to get into the lane, but I'm not sure any sliders really fix that this year. Just something we have to deal with.

Anyway just an idea to throw out there and absolutely no credit to me. All that goes to Gro and Brooke. Love the work you've done, Gro. Your roster has been absolutely incredible ever since you started it.
Appreciate the homage!
My guy I have always been a fan of 57-67 game speed. Honestly when I was in college And what not running sticks with the homies we would bump it up to 70-80, it makes the controller responsiveness a huge plus,

Suscribe on Youtube
Gleezybaby43
Old 02-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #30
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

So all thought I have it posted 45-47
I've always been a 57-67 guy.
I remember until I started my rosters I used A&S gold set with game speed on 62

Suscribe on Youtube
Gleezybaby43
Old 02-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #31
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Appreciate the homage!
My guy I have always been a fan of 57-67 game speed. Honestly when I was in college And what not running sticks with the homies we would bump it up to 70-80, it makes the controller responsiveness a huge plus,
Those movement sliders compliment your roster nicely bro...I have only used your sliders once but you know I been rocking with your roster from day 1 and I feel like it plays nicely with all sliders close to default. Helk if a job man, I can finally start a myleague, changed my mind about my Lakers though lol.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #32
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Is this slider set for the official 2K roster or is it paired with a specific roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »