Home

Aggressive cpu slider set

This is a discussion on Aggressive cpu slider set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #17
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Aggressive cpu slider set

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyshck09
I was simply saying don’t call pick and roll and dunk every play, pick and pop, pick and drive and kick, etc. I still call pick and roll but I don’t abuse it.
I wouldn't call it every play if it wasn't so effective that is if CPU knew to adapt and knew basics of defending the pick and roll. If CPU can't defend the pick and roll then there is something wrong with the game
Old 03-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #18
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

I like these sliders, I saw you comment on my thread. I'm coming back to this game after a few months. I have uploaded them on PC, the name is called Brooker2011 OS.

I want to ask though. I want to switch it to All-Star difficulty what do I need to do? Do i change the difficulty to All Star first and then do the slider changes once again one by one?
Old 03-10-2018, 09:03 PM   #19
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
I like these sliders, I saw you comment on my thread. I'm coming back to this game after a few months. I have uploaded them on PC, the name is called Brooker2011 OS.

I want to ask though. I want to switch it to All-Star difficulty what do I need to do? Do i change the difficulty to All Star first and then do the slider changes once again one by one?
Yes that will work .. good luck ... enjoy
Old 03-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #20
Rookie

So some of the Attributes are set to 100. If i compare Stephen Curry (GSW) and Brook Lopez (Lakers)

With these attributes :

Acceleration 100
Vertical 100
Strength 100
Speed 100
Offensive Awareness 100
Defensive Rebounding 100

- Acceleration is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Vertical Jump/shot is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Strength is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Speed is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Offensive Awareness ( Offensive IQ ) is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Defensive Rebounding is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!

I know the answer is yes for everything, because i tested it in Freestyle Mode with these settings :

Acceleration 100
Speed 100

The results are :

Speed with ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez
Speed without ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez
Acceleration with ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez
Acceleration without ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez

So the game is totally unrealistic with these settings ...
Old 03-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #21
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSerbian
So some of the Attributes are set to 100. If i compare Stephen Curry (GSW) and Brook Lopez (Lakers)

With these attributes :

Acceleration 100
Vertical 100
Strength 100
Speed 100
Offensive Awareness 100
Defensive Rebounding 100

- Acceleration is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Vertical Jump/shot is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Strength is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Speed is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Offensive Awareness ( Offensive IQ ) is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!
- Defensive Rebounding is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez ?!

I know the answer is yes for everything, because i tested it in Freestyle Mode with these settings :

Acceleration 100
Speed 100

The results are :

Speed with ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez
Speed without ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez
Acceleration with ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez
Acceleration without ball is same for Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez

So the game is totally unrealistic with these settings ...
Umm not really. You have to play to see and feel it. Remember the players are different sizes and I have a boost in the user movement sliders . And how can u possibly test that ???. You can’t have both players race up the court at the same time ?????

Last edited by Brooke2011; 03-13-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #22
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

These sliders are for less sliding, realistic passing and aggressive play by the cpu. I’ve lowered game speed to 52 and it matches the flow of the nba better. Having increased attributes causes the cpu to internally take shots and drive more .
Old 03-14-2018, 04:04 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Umm not really. You have to play to see and feel it. Remember the players are different sizes and I have a boost in the user movement sliders . And how can u possibly test that ???. You can’t have both players race up the court at the same time ?????
Hehhh ... its very easy

I have mobile phone and i have also on my mobile phone TIMER I dont lie , you can test it also and you will see it. So Stephen Curry and Brook Lopez have same Speed and same Acceleration with YOUR sliders (Acceleration 100 and Speed 100) and also with this logic they have same Strength, Vertical, Offensive Awareness, Defensive Rebounding, because these attributes are on 100 on your sliders.

By the way your Movement sliders are totally bad ... Do you think players with ball are faster than without ball ?

Speed with Ball max speed - 70
Speed without Ball max speed 65
Acceleration with Ball - 67
Acceleration without Ball - 62

These sliders shows that your players with Ball are faster than without ball. It is very funny How can you run faster with ball than without ball ?

And also Offensive Awareness on 100 is a BIG problem :

The Offensive Awareness slider won't fix offensive problems for CPU. High offensive awareness can actually make the CPU play worse. They'll be "aware" that they have an inch of space and think they're wide open, whereas the defender is right there and can react quickly enough to where it's a TERRIBLE shot to take. This can lead to rushed offensive sets and just flat-out ugly gameplay from the CPU. By EccentricMeat

So in Overall your sliders are totally Unreal , because every players have same attributes for :

Acceleration
Speed
Vertical
Strength
Offensive Awareness
Defensive Rebounding

So you to understand with your sliders :

- Sloth have same Speed and Acceleration as a Tiger with your logic.
- Gorilla have same strength as a Penguin with your logic.

and also in your Movement sliders players with Ball are Faster than without Ball ... totally Unreal

Last edited by TheSerbian; 03-14-2018 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:17 AM   #24
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Forget logic . 2k has speed with ball and without ball the same. Why? I don’t know . Cpu has an internal boost. Why? I don’t know . On default pro there is no separation on fast breaks . Why? I don’t know.

2k’s movement has always been off . Players slide , players warp, players have jerky movements to them.

If u went by logic and put the sliders accordibg to that logic then you would have an unrealistic looking game.

Things I look for when I play is
1. How smooth is the guy I’m controlling on defense. Does he back pedal smoothly? Does he accelerate and stop without sliding.

2. On offense, how is the dribbling and acceleration with dribbling up the court? Is there a huge flux or is the transition natural .

3. In the post , does it feel like there is weight when bodying up? does it feel like your skating and any branching animation out of the post are herky jerky?

4. Passing , does it feel like there is weight behind the pass or does it zip by and not correlate to what your body is doing?

5. does the cpu aggressive shoot at appropriate times, or are they stagnant and at times have no flow to them?

6. Does hand movement on blocking, reaching in on defense and fouling look natural or warping?

7. Does driving to the basket feel real, or even fun?

8. Does body interaction animations look smoothe on picks, on ball defense and fouls?

9. Is there the right pace to players when walking or jogging up the court?

Trying to get all theses aspects is hard and down right impossible. There are trade offs because of 2k’s internal logic .

It’s not what’s on paper, it’s what you se that matters.😉

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »