Home

[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

This is a discussion on [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #33
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: [Hall Of Fame +] Base2 Sliders for NBA2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
I've been looking at Off Consistency for USER. I have a feeling i will end up putting it at 50, but at the moment I have it at 16. This slider seems to help in fine tuning streakiness/percentages. I'm aiming here first before going to shot success slider.

The Base2 sliders are the most up to date on PSN.
I am uploading my current set now.
Sent from my PH-1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Cool. Have you won a game yet? I've done about 10 play now games with these sliders on 6 min quarters. Closest I ever got was a 3 point loss lol. I think my highest team fg % was 41 %. These sliders are insanely hard but I love the challenge. If we can clean up the wide open shots for the user a bit, these will be amazing.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #34
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Cool. Have you won a game yet? I've done about 10 play now games with these sliders on 6 min quarters. Closest I ever got was a 3 point loss lol. I think my highest team fg % was 41 %. These sliders are insanely hard but I love the challenge. If we can clean up the wide open shots for the user a bit, these will be amazing.
I took loss #15 last night in triple OT (Kings vs. Timberwolves). I've played on 12 minute quarters for the past 5 or so games, and notice a huge drop in efficiency typically beginning at halftime. I generally play at 8 or 9 minutes, so it could be adjusting to the amount of coaching needed.

A part of the goal is to reflect in-game coaching adjustments (TOs, Off./Def. Strategy). The CPU is much more consistent/better at this aspect than I have been.

// Thanks for participating Casey. I agree with you that some of the more open shots don't fall. With your play now experiences, it seems to replicate regardless, at least, to team chemistry (mine is very low).

I've had more quarters with 40+FG% since changing from 8 to 16 AND changing my playbook to feature my best player more. I will be sticking with Off. Consistency at 16 for a few more games, but if it becomes apparent that hot/cold streaks are imbalanced, I will raise it to 32 and test from there. This area is currently The Main Focus.

I have many thoughts on adjustments to make. One huge change for me was playing sharper off ball defense on dominant scorers to keep the ball out of their hands as much as possible. Would love to see any stats and full game video would be awesome.

This set was made with shorter minutes as the main focus and I will eventually go back as I feel the set translates well to any game length.

Last edited by duce; 05-08-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #35
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
I took loss #15 last night in triple OT (Kings vs. Timberwolves). I've played on 12 minute quarters for the past 5 or so games, and notice a huge drop in efficiency typically beginning at halftime. I generally play at 8 or 9 minutes, so it could be adjusting to the amount of coaching needed.

A part of the goal is to reflect in-game coaching adjustments (TOs, Off./Def. Strategy). The CPU is much more consistent/better at this aspect than I have been.

// Thanks for participating Casey. I agree with you that some of the more open shots don't fall. With your play now experiences, it seems to replicate regardless, at least, to team chemistry (mine is very low).

I've had more quarters with 40+FG% since changing from 8 to 16 AND changing my playbook to feature my best player more. I will be sticking with Off. Consistency at 16 for a few more games, but if it becomes apparent that hot/cold streaks are imbalanced, I will raise it to 32 and test from there. This area is currently The Main Focus.

I have many thoughts on adjustments to make. One huge change for me was playing sharper off ball defense on dominant scorers to keep the ball out of their hands as much as possible. Would love to see any stats and full game video would be awesome.

This set was made with shorter minutes as the main focus and I will eventually go back as I feel the set translates well to any game length.

I will be playing 12 minute quarters in myleague once the sliders are locked in to my liking. The best thing about these sliders so far IMO is the fixing of the CPU defense. I tried a ton of sets and adjustments, and cpu defense seemed very broken this year. I didn't think it could be fixed even with sliders this year, but you have done it. The defensive centers really stand out with this set. No free layups here lol. Well done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 01:11 AM   #36
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

Do you do auto playcalling? And do you use any freelance?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:53 AM   #37
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Do you do auto playcalling? And do you use any freelance?
I play with auto play calling. I usually end up calling one of the quick plays or smart play as well. You?

Old 05-09-2018, 10:36 AM   #38
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

I like to experiment with different freelances. With these sliders though, the CPU shuts most of it down. Been using auto playcalling the past couple games and had some close games. Went to OT last night with the Spurs against the Rockets but Harden killed me in OT.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #39
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
I like to experiment with different freelances. With these sliders though, the CPU shuts most of it down. Been using auto playcalling the past couple games and had some close games. Went to OT last night with the Spurs against the Rockets but Harden killed me in OT.
I'm glad you mentioned them. I had a game against them and the first time I tried to double Harden on drives he went right for the lob to Capela. It felt fluid and appropriate.

They crushed my Kings team in MyGM. I feel good about the current CPU Off Tendencies but I've felt some of their alley oop attempts can be wacky, particular some long range ones. That's one tendency I've tried tuning recently.

I assume you are using default rosters as well?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #40
a goat

duce's Arena

Got a win vs Thunder just now. Sliders are updated on the front page.

Team Stats

Game Video

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »