Home

Should I buy??

This is a discussion on Should I buy?? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

OVR: 0
Should I buy??

I read 2k has released a new patch. Has anything changed that would make 2k20 worth it for an offline only, old school sim baller like myself? Have fouls on 3’s, shootings foul frequency or any of the other major issues I’ve read about been addressed or are these aspects of the game still broken. I’m jonesing to play but my OCD is such that if the issue is a major one like those mentioned in the forums. I just can’t enjoy the game. Thanks in advance people. Posting this here bc the slider editors seem to be more concerned about stats/gameplay

Last edited by Bulls4life; 12-20-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2019, 04:09 AM   #2
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Should I buy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4life
I read 2k has released a new patch. Has anything changed that would make 2k20 worth it for an offline only, old school sim baller like myself? Have fouls on 3’s, shootings foul frequency or any of the other major issues I’ve read about been addressed or are these aspects of the game still broken. I’m jonesing to play but my OCD is such that if the issue is a major one like those mentioned in the forums. I just can’t enjoy the game. Thanks in advance people. Posting this here bc the slider editors seem to be more concerned about stats/gameplay

Fouls on 3s and jump shooters in general rarely if ever happen. I would say maybe a handful of times in an 82 game season. You can get a realistic number of free throws with slider tweaks. The game is far from perfect but if you are willing to put the time in to research and tweak/test sliders, you can have it playing a good game of basketball. Other than the jump shooting fouls and charge/block fouls, I've gotten almost everything to happen at a realistic rate.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Rookie

Genesio1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Should I buy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Fouls on 3s and jump shooters in general rarely if ever happen. I would say maybe a handful of times in an 82 game season. You can get a realistic number of free throws with slider tweaks. The game is far from perfect but if you are willing to put the time in to research and tweak/test sliders, you can have it playing a good game of basketball. Other than the jump shooting fouls and charge/block fouls, I've gotten almost everything to happen at a realistic rate.
Every update seems to upset the balance created by our gifted slider creators here on this forum. The issues you speak of continue to be the nuisance of this game. Injuries are non existent. Jump shot fouls rarely happen if any at all. An while there are ways to make tweaks to make the game a little challenging at times do too much and you upset the balance of it all! Check out PlayStation store sometimes they have sales especially just after Christmas. Not sure where your located but just after Christmas in Canada we got cyber Monday and Boxing Day sales. Just a thought. But as the guy above me already stated the issues we have now will continue to plague us all. Work arounds can be found but it is difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »