Home

Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

This is a discussion on Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

Just to be clear, play contracts is the only issue so far?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

I put some here that give me solid results

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049543417
Old 09-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Which IQ attributes are you referring to exactly? Because some attributes with the word "IQ" in it don't have much to do with IQ from a functional standpoint within the game. I.e. things like "pick & roll IQ" is simply just how well they defend the pick&roll. Players DO become less capable of defending the pick&roll as they get older, we can't just rely SOLELY on athleticism attributes to reflect that, so i'm okay with it if Pick&roll IQ (and some others) drops a few points, just as long as it is not as much as other ratings like athleticism/shot-off-dribble/draw-foul/etc

Fair point.

Maybe we have to drop some IQ attributes to keep balance in the league.
But thinking about guys like Duncan, I have a problem with Defensive IQ dropping too much. The guy was basically an elite defender till he retired and that was because of his IQ.

But it´s not only the IQ, I saw Curry´s Open 3 dropping by five points in one season (he had only a minor injury in that season) and you have that slider also at 0. I was surprised by this, because with the slider at 0, some moght think the rating should be relatively stable. But this was the only big outlier I saw, I will start another long sim with you sliders, but this time with editing Peak Start/End.

Overall, as I said, your sliders are a good start.

Last edited by Pizarro24; 09-21-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 PM   #36
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
Fair point.

Maybe we have to drop some IQ attributes to keep balance in the league.
But thinking about guys like Duncan, I have a problem with Defensive IQ dropping too much. The guy was basically an elite defender till he retired and that was because of his IQ.

But it´s not only the IQ, I saw Curry´s Open 3 dropping by five points in one season (he had only a minor injury in that season) and you have that slider also at 0. I was surprised by this, because with the slider at 0, some moght think the rating should be relatively stable. But this was the only big outlier I saw, I will start another long sim with you sliders, but this time with editing Peak Start/End.

Overall, as I said, your sliders are a good start.
The player regression is at 70 which is pretty aggressive, so that's why attributes set at 0 are getting taken down. The higher the overall regression slider is then the earlier the timeline of decline (as far as i can tell), and when that's at 70 sometimes that can move the start of the decline phase to happen right at the start of the "peak end". The affects are minimal though, a player might drop -1 in something that they shouldn't (like open shot), but like you said, in favour of overall league balance there needs to be SOME regression even in things that probably don't need it, otherwise vets don't decline enough and it doesn't create enough opportunity for the younger guys coming into their prime. The main thing is, in terms of relativity, athletic attributes are declining MUCH faster than other attributes, which is fantastic. Something the game has never had!

In Curry's case i'd say that's an outlier. In extensive testing i did players rarely had their open shots drop more than -1, and that's 2 years after their peak end. Curry's peak end by default i think is at 33 or 34, i'd say the injury was definitely the reason for the -5 drop. Either that or he's like 38-39 yrs old in your game, and if that's the case i don't mind Curry dropping -5 in open shot.

Last edited by Barncore; 09-21-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #37
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

One thing I experimented with nice success last year was incorporating an early bust/ late bloomer system with my fictional draft classes, in which I set peak start for the Anthony Bennett's of the world at something like 21 or 22, and peak end maybe a year after. Think of how many draftees within the last few years that were drafted with high expectations and completely disappeared from the league. Adds a lot of variety to the draft.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #38
Rookie

I’ll check them out!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #39
Rookie

I’m want to post cpu vs cpu sliders but for some reason I can’t. 😞 Something about I don’t have authorization? Any help?
Old 09-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any idea on what to expect with progression on physical attributes? Will a top draftee with a 90+ POT experience any increase in speed, acceleration, and vertical?

I noticed that in the historical draft classes, real players have really low physical attributes when compared to their prime counterparts located in the stock roster.

For example, John Stockton comes in with a 73 speed as a rookie in the 1984 historical draft class. I believe that his maximum speed in the roster in his prime is in the 80's. I think with these progression sliders he wont come anywhere close to his prime physical attributes.

If the progression on physical attributes are low with these sliders, it might make sense to manually edit real players in each of the historical draft class.

Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »