Home

J.D. ALL-STAR SIM SLIDERS .. Striving for NBA feel!!

This is a discussion on J.D. ALL-STAR SIM SLIDERS .. Striving for NBA feel!! within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
J.D. 2019 - ALL-STAR SIM SLIDERS .. Striving for NBA feel!!

X-BOX 1 2019 NBA 2K
Uploaded to 2k under : J.D. All-star Sim

I CONSIDER MY SELF A TOTAL SIM PLAYER: I haven't posted sliders to O.S. since College Hoops 2k8 but this years game all though needs a patch for a small few things , I'm in love !!!

Sad but true , I have yet to win a game on all-star yet... but I think were close to a awesome sim game..
I follow a lot of the topics and post's here on O.S. ... So I felt I wanted to help contribute my thoughts.. Feel free to post your opinions and over things that we can change for the better !!

I don't watch video's of cheese and money plays.. I Would highly recommend everyone go watch Sam Phan on You Tube .. His settings and tutorials Video's are awesome

The way I play: I look to run after missed shots and look for fast breaks and easy offense.. Otherwise I reset and call plays.. I mix in everything from iso, smart plays, pick & roll etc..If I earn a advantage I goto it.. Also I love the way the cpu will adjust to your play-calls and will double and make you play with a variety for 4 qrt..

Still hope that 2k will patch in more fouls calls and variety ... Hopefully roster makers can help with these things ..

Also I never have tried Super-star or Hall of fame as The Czar said All-star would probably be the most realistic level for the cpu to make adjustments

Other Notes: I think I'm close to exact settings on a lot of my sliders but a few things that concern me with my setup... The cpu seems to hit a lot more open to contested shots , I can be up like 12 and I can't stop them a lick from coming back... I admit I probably should call more t.o. but I'm pressed for time and feel like I can make a stop... This year's game will punish you for that, also the CPU AT ALL times seems to always take the perfect shot on offense.. Frustrating but I Think Sliders can help

I play on Broadcast exclusively ... Zoom 5 height 2... zoom in on paint

Please play a few games against Warriors,Rockets, etc... then play against ok to weak teams like the Heat, Jazz etc... You will see each game plays out totally different... there will be runs were your like this is sweet , and all of sudden the CPU shuts you down... I can really feel the difference in a superstar player and a average NBA player with these sliders

Game Difficulty - ALLSTAR (again it will become custom once sliders are set)
Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Game Speed- 49.. ( Feels good but may go down a point or two.. to help with foot-planting and sliding , but then a few sliders will have to be adjusted to compensate..)
Free Throw Difficulty - 50
Foul Out - 6
Shooting Type - Real FG% . ( I never have used shot stick in any 2k ) sliders may work with shot stick...give a try if you like..
Free Throw Type - Real FT%
CPU Free Throw Camera Shake - Off
Shot Meter - Off
Shot fatigue / meter color - RED
Shot Feedback - Off
Take over Icons -on
Watch 2K TV While Loading - On
Action Replays -Often
After basket Camera Cuts - Often
Ball Handler Text - Name
Free Throw Camera Cuts - User Camera
Rhythm Icons - On
Pick & Roll Overlay - ON
Commentary Vol - 30 ( preference)
PA Vol - 10
Sound Effects Vol - 100 .. ( I love to hear the effects of the net , etc..)
Crowd Volume - 35
Player Chatter Vol - 35

Coach Settings:

Adaptive Coaching Engine - On .. for now.. ( What's the Downside of turning off? )
Timeout - Manual
Substitution - Manual
Substitution Method - Rotation
Offensive PlayVision - User Plays Only
PlayVision Display - LITE + Full
Play Call Messages - All
Offensive Playcalling - MANUAL
Defense Playcalling - Auto
Late Game Fouling - AUTO

Controller Settings:

Vibration - OFF
Pro Stick - Default
Pro Stick Orientation - Camera Relative
Off-Ball Freelance Mode - Camera Relative
Player Icons - On
Skip Pass - OFF ( IMPORTANT) from Sam Phan from you-tube settings ... you can control players by hitting R1 then the players icon button... boom your in control of 2 things at once...after 3 seconds your ball handler will pass to your r1 player..really cool.. and helps with direct movement for a star player etc..
Icon Lead Passing - On
Pro Stick Pass Type - Flashy .. Per Sam Pham
Icon Passing - full receiver control .. per Sam Phan
Receiver Control - Full Receiver Control
Pro Stick Defense - Camera Relative
Who To Guard -off
Defensive Assist Strength With Intense D - 0
Boxout Assist Strength - 50
Pass Target Profile -
Pass Target Profile - Custom
Pass Target Direction - 89
Pass Target Distance - 1
Pass Target Openness - 10

HUM (FIRST) / CPU Sliders :

Inside Shot Success - 48 / 48 .. ( may go lower)
Close Shot Success - 49 / 49 .. ( may go lower )
Mid-Range Success - 50 / 50 .. ( feels good )
3PT Success - 50 / 50 .. ( Feels good to me ) but need your thoughts..
Layup Success - 75 / 75 .. ( Don't like going this high normally, but this setting feels right)
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 55 / 55 .. ( may go a liittle higher )
Dunk In Traffic Success - 60 / 60 .. ( May go higher , but I do love post moves showing, rather all dunks)
Pass Accuracy - 60 / 60 ... Feels good ( I don't like centers being perfect with every pass either)
Alley-Oop Success - 63 / 63.. ( still seeing the occasional contested missed dunk... I love it)
Contact Shot Success - 57 / 57 .. ( still don't see a lot of and 1's )
Ball Security - 100 / 100 .. ( helps with all the steals & fumbles every time you touch someone )
Body-Up Sensitivity - 50 / 15
Pass Speed - 63 / 63

Defense - Hum / CPU

Driving contact shot frequency: 15 / 15 .. ( Very sensitive slider, be careful.. I may go up to like 25 but I Don't want all the superglue mind reader defenders .. ratings matter here and you can't spam the turbo to score.. keep in mind superstars have alot easier time that average NBA) players with this number )

THESE 2 SLIDERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT... I ALWAYS TRY TO STAY AT 100 BETWEEN THE 2 NUMBERS!! My personal belief is that the defense is more important on contest's when your that as a defensive player at the release of the shot..

Layup Defense Strength Take Off : 40 / 40 .. Release - 60 / 60..
( Very sensitive slider, be careful.. I may go up to 70/ 30 but I Don't want all the superglue mind reader defenders .. ratings matter here and you can't spam the turbo to score.. keep in mind superstars have alot easier time that average Nba) players with this number )

Jump Shot Defense Strength Gather :
Take off : 40 / 40.. Release of shot - 60 / 60
.. same mind set as above post... but this r2 sliders really have a huge effect per the Czar on the results of when Cpu challenges a shot or layup if it will go in... Hand Down =Man down in my opinion!!! The cpu needs to be there to contest the release more than when you catch the ball , or where you take off from on a lay-up...just my way of thinking..

Help defensive strength: 100 / 100 .. ( Feel good with this )
Steal Success - 40 / 40 ( may change a little, but seeing a fair number of steals)

Attributes - HUM / CPU

Acceleration - 55 / 55
strength: 100 / 100 .. ( Don't know how powerful this slider is, but I Want to see Shaq, Joel Embid, Ben Simmons back down players with ease & Quickness and make the Cpu adjust..)
stamina : 50 / 50
speed : 57 / 57
durability : 50 / 50
Hustle - 70 / 70 .. ( May increase a little )
Vertical : 50 / 50
Ball Handling - 40 / 40.. don't worry all good ball handlers still have awesome handle ..May go a little lower.. designed to make the bigs struggle a little and have more turnovers)
Hands - 57 / 57
Dunking Ability - 50 / 50
On Ball Defense - 100 / 55 .. ( Human needs help IMO.. but may as I Get Better raise Cpu Defense but be careful as other slider settings tie in here... Don't want mind reading super glue again..)
Steals : 45 / 45
Blocking - 52 / 52 .. ( I love getting my shot swatted of the glass sometimes..lol .. just want the cpu to challenge.. may go up a little on Cpu side )
Offensive Awareness - 100 / 50 .. (Cpu always takes perfect shots..no need to go higher)
Defensive Awareness - 100 / 100..( again Hum needs all the help.. may lower Cpu side later)
Offensive Rebounding- 95 / 95 .. (Always stay a little lower on this side )
Defensive Rebounding - 100 / 100 .. (feels good.. I Want to see everybody scrapping for boards. )
Offensive Consistency - 47 / 45... (Still may go lower a few clicks down the road
Defensive Consistency - 100 / 75 .. ( human Defenders need all the help on this level to me.. May lower the Cpu side eventually)
Fatigue : 46 / 46 .. (feels good here to try and get 35 to 38 minutes a game with super-stars, but you need to still use your time-outs to avoid a real tired player)
Lateral Quickness - 35 / 35 .. ( helps with foot-planting ) may lower a little..

Tendencies: Hum / Cpu

Take inside shots : 50 / 35
Close shots: 50 / 25
Mid Range : 50 / 90 .. may go to 100 on cpu side.. need feedback
3-pt shots: 50 / 57 .. feels good
Close shots: 50 / 70
Attack the basket 50 / 75 .. feels good, could go down a little
Look for post players 50 / 80
Throw alley oops: 60 / 60 .. ( geared towards the cpu , but I love seeing a few a game
Attempt dunks : 60 / 60 .. ( may go up , but I don't want a dunk fest..
attempt put backs: 67 / 67 .. ( Love seeing these , still not seeing many.. would prefer 2 or 3 a game..)
play passing lanes : 50 / 50 .. ( May go up a little here as I start winning)
on ball steals : 45 / 40 .. ( Would like a penalty for cheesing the steal button)
contest shots : 100 / 100 .. Feels good here , plus helps with lack of fouls in the game
backdoor cuts: 45 / 45 .. ( Feel good here )

FOULS: HUM / CPU

I don't love that we have no real variety of fouls yet.. needs a patch in my opinion. But until then these are getting me a descent number of free-throws and You actually could foul out!!

Over The Back Frequency - 100 / 100
Charging Foul Frequency - 100 /100
Blocking Foul Frequency - 100 / 100
Reaching Foul Frequency - 85 / 85.. (may go up a little , but ties into a few sliders .. let me know your thoughts)
Shooting Foul Frequency - 80 / 80.. (may go up a little , but ties into a few sliders .. let me know your thoughts)
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 100 / 100

Movement:
spent a lot of time here, I like total points and shots to be at a reasonable number at the end of the game.. I love the pace of the players and you can separate from bigger slower guys at these settings , feel the ratings.. but still doesn't feel like speed racer.. also keep in mind when fatigue sets in it slow a little on the eyes..

Speed with Ball (Max Rating) - 75 / 75
Speed with Ball (Min Rating) - 25/25
Acceleration with Ball (Max Rating) - 75 / 75
Acceleration with Ball (Min Rating) - 25 / 25
Speed Without Ball (Max Rating) - 75 / 75
Speed Without Ball (Min Rating) - 25 / 25
Acceleration Without Ball (Max Rating) - 75 / 75
Acceleration Without Ball (Min Rating) - 25 / 25

Tips :

When I Do player matchup settings before the game , if I assign more than 2 players specifically two certain superstars, I Then assign the other 3 players defenders as well... Because I notice my players will eventually get screwed up after subs come in... really helpful as I always try to assign specific match ups depending on who I'm playing..

In closing super important before playing a game go watch and write down Sam Phan's defensive coach settings , & player individual settings video's on You tube... Makes all the difference!!!! After a few games I Memorized all of the settings on How I Want my Cpu players to function and adapt to each player ... Takes like 5 minutes tops before each game

..all credit goes to Sam Phan ..Examples in pictures below of my Coach Universal settings for my team... I set these before each game the exact same way... Important to note then I go into Player settings individually and make changes specefic to that players strengths... ..

Just a example of how I Will go into match ups guarding Kyrie Irving : Tight on ball and off ball.. Great shooter.. play him with a hard Hedge on all screens to stop his pull-ups, and penetration ..Therefore the man guarding him can go under the screens..

Someone like Gordon Hayward I Would play Go over all screens, not really worried about his drive as much so I would play Catch hedge instead of Hard Hedge...

Every player especially in the starting 5 has to be addressed IMO...

Also Always leave your Center to: off ball coverage to moderate , so he can give a lot of help defense ... on-ball I like moderate unless there a great Shooter..

ALAWAYS SET COACH SETTINGS TO SWITCH GUARDS WITH THIS SETUP ALSO

I never use smother as a defensive setting on anyone...

Also set all players "extended pressure" to NO !! .. as that helps them get back on defense and not give up silly quick dunks !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg real 1st.jpg (98.5 KB, 830 views)
File Type: jpg 1st.jpg (103.7 KB, 838 views)
File Type: jpg 2nd.jpg (117.3 KB, 845 views)
File Type: jpg 3rd.jpg (119.2 KB, 834 views)
File Type: jpg 4th.jpg (113.0 KB, 825 views)

Last edited by justintasha1996; 09-27-2018 at 02:29 PM. Reason: FINALLY DONE FOR NOW WITH THIS POST... 2 HOURS .. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: J.D. ALL-STAR SIM SLIDERS .. Striving for NBA feel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintasha1996
standby as i update..notes coming
Really...
Old 09-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Mishmushkela's Arena

Just rename them and then click save and upload

I'll give them a try once u uploaded them

Last edited by Mishmushkela; 09-19-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishmushkela
Just rename them and then click save and upload

I'll give them a try once u uploaded them
thanks .. there up
Old 09-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

These sliders look right up my alley. Looking forward to trying them. Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #6
Rookie

AllDayEveryDay24's Arena

Sliders look good. I was getting tired of Isaiah Thomas playing Brick wall Lockdown D on Lebron. Hope these fix that
Old 09-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Mishmushkela's Arena

Anyone got these on ps4 2k share?
Old 09-21-2018, 07:12 AM   #8
Pro

Layups fall a bit too much. Might have to up the Layup defense strength for the release 10 ticks. I just want more heavily contested layups to miss

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »