Home

Mamba MyLeague sliders

This is a discussion on Mamba MyLeague sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Mamba MyLeague sliders

Did you turn off hard cap? I get all the good players signed except weirdly Myles Turner a lot of times. Dunno how to fix that other than using 30team control for trades and contracts as stated before
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 AM   #34
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I ran a test as the Cavs using Clutch's roster and only a few adjustments to the contracts:

Min Rating: 65 (+2)
Max Rating: 2 (+2)
Player Fame: 10 (-5)

Everything else is the same as the OP and progression is on default.

Here are some of the in-season trade offers

Spoiler

The vast majority of those look like typical 2K trade logic to me. I guess I can use them as a baseline for some deals but overall (unless you guys can really do your magic with these sliders) it looks like another year of 30-team control and coming up with my own deals.

Now on to the offseason to look at contracts

Here's each teams signings: https://www.facebook.com/jeremym.os....=pb_friends_tl

Dwight and Millsap are still bad but I like Melo signing with Dallas one a 1-year deal for $8.59M. One rookie 2nd Rounder, Raymond Johnson (76 OVR) was drafted with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round and didn't sign with the team that drafted him. He ended up signing a 2yr/$18.35M deal with the Pelicans. All other unsigned 2nd Rounders had small one or two year deals.

Every team was over the cap and once I advanced to the next season the following players were in the FA pool:

Myles Turner - 88 OVR - Expected $25M
Nikola Mirotic - 80 OVR - Expected $15M
Tyler Cavanaugh - 77 OVR - Expected $7.87M
Lance Stephenson - 77 OVR - Expected $6.90M
Isaiah Thomas - 77 OVR - Expected $8.87M
Tyus Jones - 76 OVR - Expected $8.22M

Other players like in the 75-77 like D Wade, Derrick Rose, Kenneth Faried, and Seth Curry all went unsigned and wanted in the $2M-6.5M range. One unsigned rookie (74 OVR) wanted $8.18M, the other unsigned rookies looked good.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #35
MVP

Values wanted in FA and during negotiations are fine. It's that teams do not use cap to full extent or renounce players too quickly. Same for trades, you get fair deal in terms of value but nothing realistic. You can get best experience using light 30-team myleague and only controlling trades at 4 important times - Xmas because of FA signings being eligible, Valentine's day trade deadline and before draft. See who's expendable for each team and if there's a hole to be filled and use offered trades as baseline for that. As far as FA goes just re-sign your young players, try to get solid pieces or stars if in big market and look for young or experienced players on longer deals in smaller markets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #36
MVP

I think I have fixed some issues. No more big name free agents stuck after FA season, more balanced salaries for washed up stars like Wade and Melo. Trades are still hit and miss

Spoiler

Last edited by 8KB24; 09-27-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #37
MVP

Are results above more in line with what you'd expect?

Sliders updated in first post

Last edited by 8KB24; 09-27-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #38
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Mamba MyLeague sliders v0.5

I have tried adjusting the Player Non-Financial Ambitions all the way to 100. I then controlled the Kings and offered KD max money in FA. But the Kings offer “only” got 98% interest while better teams identical offer had either 99% or 100% interest.

Imo this will make it more realistic and force bad teams to build through the draft, while allowing contenders to sign players at a slight discount. I actually hoped that slider would be even more powerful. But you can test it out and see if you like it.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-27-2018, 04:32 PM   #39
MVP

Re: Mamba MyLeague sliders v0.5

I'll try and see how the game behaves. But if I do not get surprise moves like KD to Nets, DMC to Mavs etc I might tone it down. I like variety and you never know what can happen in the game...like LeBron to Lakers. He'd never sign with Lakers if it was up to 100

Lemme know what you think of new sliders
Old 09-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #40
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Mamba MyLeague sliders

Just ran another test with the slider at 100 and KD joined the Pacers. So the LeBron-to-Lakers-deals still happens. The good thing about 100 is you can’t make the Kings contenders through free agency in a few seasons like vanilla 2K.

Enjoying the sliders a lot. I actually think the number of injuries be raised, but I haven’t been able to find injury history from the real NBA to get a number of injuries and average time missed. So that slider will be hard to get precise.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »