Home

Offensive awareness

This is a discussion on Offensive awareness within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Offensive awareness

Im just gonna quickly put this thread out there, it can be deleted after answered, im curious if anyone has a definitive answer of what the Offensive Awareness slider does in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Offensive awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Im just gonna quickly put this thread out there, it can be deleted after answered, im curious if anyone has a definitive answer of what the Offensive Awareness slider does in the game.
I have a couple theories, nothing definitive.

I believe that when offensive awareness is high, your player reacts to surroundings better. For example: If a double team comes, your player reacts to it faster, and can find the open man and or split it better. Or if an off ball player is getting hit with a screen and flashing to the wing, the pass will be made and hit him quicker. Or if the offensive player sees distance between him and a defender, or is in a somewhat open space to shoot, he will more than likely recognize that more and pop the correct shot (if he is a CPU controlled player)

My understanding is that it is as it's advertised, "awareness" of the ongoings on the offensive end, and a higher rating makes the player sharper or team sharper (if you are increasing it in the overall sliders).

An few examples of my interpretation

At 2:46 (This is actually me), the quick decision to make that pass to the cutting Sabonis. In my theory, the CPU would not only have a better chance of throwing this pass (recognizing that Sabonis cut and is open), but also the chances of it actually getting to the player. Which, could probably go in tandem along with passing sliders.

At 1:30
(me again):. I get doubled with Kyle O'quinn, and instead of getting tied up, I pass it out to the wide open three point shooter. So in my opinion, the CPU would have a better chance of not only making a pass snappy like this without being tied up, but also the offensive player moving into the open spot (And he did it fast on this play).

At 2:15
, Frank hits Porzingis RIGHT when he flashes into the paint and has position.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-30-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Ok because im trying to fix stuff like this, https://streamable.com/ehg5d

I dont know why the skilled perimeter shooter is running to the paint, and the skilled paint finisher is running to the perimeter. Iv been noticing countless instances of stuff like this happening on offense primarily.

Hopefully bumping up USER offensive awareness will fix it, and Price will stay out for the open jumpshot, and Nance will stay near the rim for a potential finish. Things like this are real cheap nerfs done by 2k.

I also wonder if higher offensive awareness makes CPU create better passing lanes and anticipate passes better when they're in good scoring positions. I dont know if you know what i mean, but sometimes a CPU teammate will be open near the rim or perimeter, but he will be almost looking into the crowd or not facing the ball, sometimes even out of bounds, and he will fumble it or will be moved away from good scoring position if you try to dish it to him.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Ok because im trying to fix stuff like this, https://streamable.com/ehg5d

I dont know why the skilled perimeter shooter is running to the paint, and the skilled paint finisher is running to the perimeter. Iv been noticing countless instances of stuff like this happening on offense primarily.

Hopefully bumping up USER offensive awareness will fix it, and Price will stay out for the open jumpshot, and Nance will stay near the rim for a potential finish. Things like this are real cheap nerfs done by 2k.

I also wonder if higher offensive awareness makes CPU create better passing lanes and anticipate passes better when they're in good scoring positions. I dont know if you know what i mean, but sometimes a CPU teammate will be open near the rim or perimeter, but he will be almost looking into the crowd or not facing the ball, sometimes even out of bounds, and he will fumble it or will be moved away from good scoring position if you try to dish it to him.

I'll post this again in a reply, because I edited my post after. This goes along the lines of my interpretation of it.

A few examples of my interpretation

At 2:46 (This is actually me), the quick decision to make that pass to the cutting Sabonis. In my theory, the CPU would not only have a better chance of throwing this pass (recognizing that Sabonis cut and is open), but also the chances of it actually getting to the player. Which, could probably go in tandem along with passing sliders.

At 1:30
(me again):. I get doubled with Kyle O'quinn, and instead of getting tied up, I pass it out to the wide open three point shooter. So in my opinion, the CPU would have a better chance of not only making a pass snappy like this without being tied up, but also the offensive player moving into the open spot (And he did it fast on this play).

At 2:15, Frank hits Porzingis RIGHT when he flashes into the paint and has position.

At 1:45, Hezonja takes the quick pullup with open space on the break. I feel like offensive awareness might help with the chances of him taking this shot on the break, along with his tendency to not slash as much.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-30-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Yah it does effect the cpu's awareness of floor spacing, which is what im trying to do, even though the fact that the default slider at 50 makes them do some wrong things on offense, should be looked at. Nice mods too, what sliders are you playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 01:11 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Yah it does effect the cpu's awareness of floor spacing, which is what im trying to do, even though the fact that the default slider at 50 makes them do some wrong things on offense, should be looked at. Nice mods too, what sliders are you playing on?

Thanks!

I'm using my sliders from my slider thread.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...t-sliders.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »