Home

HesiPullupJimbo's Really Awful No-Good Slider Set

This is a discussion on HesiPullupJimbo's Really Awful No-Good Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #25
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: HesiPullupJimbo's Really Awful No-Good Slider Set

Only see Ace's and your slders using real fg% and his resulted in me getting hammered every game..lol.
Yours seem more balanced and can definitely compete now.
Lost to Denver in my first game by 5 but beat Cleveland by 10 in my 2nd one.
Stats were on point for the most part. Lack of fouls an issue but that is the same for every slider set i have tried.
Only things that need a slight bump were not enough turnovers which you are aware of.
And also 3pt% for both user/cpu were both quite high in both games which drove the overall fg% up beyond 50% so i think i will drop offensive con down a couple of points and see how that turns out.
Should be able to provide some screenshots later when i get a chance to test...

Last edited by jr86; 01-04-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #26
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Only see Ace's and your slders using real fg% and his resulted in me getting hammered every game..lol.
Yours seem more balanced and can definitely compete now.
Lost to Denver in my first game by 5 but beat Cleveland by 10 in my 2nd one.
Stats were on point for the most part. Lack of fouls an issue but that is the same for every slider set i have tried.
Only things that need a slight bump were not enough turnovers which you are aware of.
And also 3pt% for both user/cpu were both quite high in both games which drove the overall fg% up beyond 50% so i think i will drop offensive con down a couple of points and see how that turns out.
Should be able to provide some screenshots later when i get a chance to test...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on a low consistency version right now. Consistency is a very sensitive slider it turns out. I am liking it much better at 35, but I'm still trying to balance scoring. I think turnovers are always going to be an issue unless I diverge from the balanced slider philosophy and nerf the AI's ball security/passing.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #27
MVP

jr86's Arena

Latest game. I was OKC. Off con 37 for user.
Pretty decent stats. 6 min qtrs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190104_230725_hdr.jpg (157.5 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by jr86; 01-04-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am looking forward to trying these sliders tonight! I have tried every slider set in this forum and I cannot find any luck. I am a decent player but I cannot get wins with starting sliders at HOF in 2k19 because I cannot stop anyone in the paint either on dribble drives or post ups! I will body up the attacking player and throw them off balance and everything falls for them. Do you find that to be an issue with this set? fingers crossed I can settle in on this set and start up my league with the Celtics.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #29
MVP

jr86's Arena

Well beaten in this one. Tried 5 min qtrs to see if i could get fga down. Didn't work for cpu..back to 6 mins and using more shot clock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190105_003553_hdr.jpg (163.9 KB, 140 views)
Old 01-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #30
MVP

jr86's Arena

Not sure what happened in this one. Scores came out fine for 6 min qtrs but some of cpu stats (Min) are pretty out of whack....Free throws!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190105_214725_hdr.jpg (228.5 KB, 135 views)
Old 01-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #31
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

I've updated these sliders again, but I am having computer issues, so I am unable to fully test them. I think the fg% is going to be off. I want to try decreasing jump shot defense down to 30/30 maybe even 25/25, but I'll have to rebalance the midrange/3pt shot sliders. After I do that, I'll play with the confidence sliders again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2019, 12:07 AM   #32
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

Wild Bull Update

I made some big changes. The biggest is the switch to User Timing. I may waver on this, but I'm liking it. I feel like real shot % limits animations for some reason. It would be really nice to see the code.

The second major change is the player movement. I felt my sliders were in the mud, slow. I didn't want much faster fastbreaks, but I do want to see the explosiveness that you see on TV. Speed, acceleration, and lateral movement all saw boosts. However, I think the game feels more real than ever. I still left the mins low, because I don't want Boban Marjonovic running a 4.3 40 like some kind of gangly giraffe.

The shooter percentages are a WIP. User timing is different than Real Shot % and as such will need to be rebalanced. I am also terrible at timing I think (after having not used them frequently in a while- 2 or 3 versions).

20190124220052_1.jpg

Game Breakdown

This Bulls game posted was a lot closer than the score indicated. It was 110-113 with 20 seconds left and with the ball in my possession. Needless to say I'm bad at clock management and should be ashamed.

Fouls are interesting. Each NBA team commits 21.3 fouls on average (bbref), but it felt like a lot to me. Each NBA team shoots 23.3 free throws though, so I feel off-ball fouls must be increased and less shooting fouls.

Turnovers are looking great! 16/17 are a little high, but I think that's better than I had been getting many updates ago.

I shoot a lot of shots. The pace is insane. I guess I really do abide by the 7 seconds or less offense. I don't iso or post very much either. That hurts when your 3pt% is so low and you've chucked 37.

My freethrow % was trash. I may need to mess with sliders, or get used to the user timing. Maybe real shot% would be ok for them?

Due to the pace, rebounds are high.

I should turn down blocks, but I love them. Maybe I can blame the pace for this.

Steals are high (NBA: 7.8). Pace or small sample size could account, but more unforced turnovers seems like a new goal.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »