Home

Poke's Ultra Realistic NBA 2K19 Custom Slider Set (XBox One, PS4 & PC)

This is a discussion on Poke's Ultra Realistic NBA 2K19 Custom Slider Set (XBox One, PS4 & PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2019, 04:12 AM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Poke's Ultra Realistic NBA 2K19 Custom Slider Set (XBox One, PS4 & PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
I would like to try your sliders out. It sounds like you really look into the game and do some justice. I use okc and Adams will have 18 rebounds and Westbrook will have 3. SO FAR FROM REALISTIC. Joel Embiid will have 28. Don’t get me wrong , embiid has had game where he pulled 15-20 rebounds. But not on a every game basis and no more than 25. Hoping they release soon.
I agree with you about rebounds. The C usually grabs too much rebounds, so I already adjusted the rebounds sliders. Yesterday I played vs OKH an RW grabbed 8 rebounds (Adams 12).

I'm not sure how the defensive rebounds slider works. Raising it, will the PG/G benefit from this adjustment?
Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #210
Rookie

I'm thinking there need to be balance between cpu off reb and user def. Off rebounds are bit op overall for C so maybe go down 1 on user off and cpu def, up one on cpu off user def for start. Will try that out. For me guard rebounds are off 5-10 a game for average rebounding backcourts.
I'm really not sure where to go with rebounds not to op neither cpu or user. Last year cpu rebounding felt bit op, had it at 50/52 which improved gp but stats were off for G rebs for both cpu and user while ovr rebs were fine in numbers with too low avg for G and too high for frontcourt. Maybe going "different directions" def/off wise might just be solution.
Cpu hustle and hands also need to be down for ground loose ball balance. I would die to see a scramble rebound in-game happen lol. More tip-outs are so much needed.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #211
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishandime
This should be because def awareness is set to 62, but the on-ball d is basically off and lateral quickness is heavily cripled to 25, so cpu chooses the right play but can't recover in time while at the same time it's not playing a passing lane on pnr at all with it at 13 and reading tendency that you're not going with the ball inside on roll...

No offence, it's hard to take sliders seriously when they have on-ball d and strength at 0. Accounting for it with body-up at 90 and contact freq high just removes the skill gap between stronger guys in def strenght on layups. Lack of FT comes from On-ball steals tendency at 13 where in drive case cpu will rarely go into strip animation which is more foul prone and time it for block attempt. Lack of reach-in fouls and attempts that go into blocking foul tangled-up animation is what never puts teams in the bonus, also. Having help-d at 100 and play lanes on 13 all accounts into having porous d on cpu side that will be quick to help but also to play less of primary d making it much easier to play drive and kick since it's safe to pass out to any lane and there is no much deflections from it. Those are my main issues, but I could go on...

If you want, for example, more help d and tighter d, you can set coaching settings - moderate coverage for everyone then tigth on shooters in-game, help d higher on main coach settings (up it till you're happy) and then you have to switch to next rotation guy every time once the help leaves the guy. If they attack from elbow block you can mix it up with "straight up" defensive scheme, or "four out corners tight" if you wanna watch that corner 3, wich will make help on wider drives good while keeping it tight on corners and you switch to wing guy once the help comes because there will be the thin part. On pnr you would hedge harder to limit straight line drives... If you want tigth perimeter play "stay home", gap non-shooter or maybe two to make one side tighter for drive help and be ready for skip passes to weak side from that, or hedge hard and play on guard to body-up as soon as oponent leaves the pick then quickly switch to pf to close the inside pass threat...

Try to learn coaching settings effects and scheme rules before going into full-on sliders editing would be my advice. No wonder devs are not taking it seriously.
If you check the date you'll see his post was made before this current set before I set it to zero so I don't think your response is valid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #212
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishandime
Will post soon, need more testing. They're just slight changes from default superstar. I just tried to remove some of the cpu cheese like steal/loose balls/foul plays (48 hands, 47 steal success, 45 hustle, fouls up...) and cpu dribble trough player while you're steering towards the correct side stuff (body up 51/49), increase lose ball situations on deflections and reachings, fix post-patch boosted contests some. (45/55 or near) and make shooting 47/51 which works fine for me stats wise. Haven't messed with tendencies as I'm looking into how they play out in game when applying different defensive tactics. They work very well in what the game can bring to you in terms of competition. Cpu uses what you give it.

Thing with sliders is always what works for you and your game style. I just don't feel like some of the engines in the game are so broken that drastic changes are needed for it to play out better in terms of having different situations in the match and they play out naturally where you don't feel cheated out by the engine but by basketball ai.

I test them playing 12 min qtrs in mygm and maybe they just work in the mode stats wise because of the def./off. Consistency taking a part over longer data sample, but gameplay wise, I like it.

I think Poke's sliders did some justice in rebounding 48/48 which I tought about trying out, but I'm not sure as to messing up guard rebounds as hustle and hands are already down and once the ball is trough bigs on the ground it's not deflection it's a loose ball and rebounding att is mostly ai positioning stat...
What do your stats look like?

Old 01-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #213
MVP

Poke's Arena

Guys. Russell Westbrook is not the average rebounding guard. He's a freak of nature. You should never lower sliders to accommodate one player's stats. It's just not practical. If anything you should edit that player. There are only 5 guards in the whole league that average 5 rebs and Russell Westbrook and Ben Simmons are two of them after them the drop off is steep.

Last edited by Poke; 01-15-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:20 AM   #214
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Tested these on real FG.

Good set. However, some feedback. The CPU hardly takes any threes. They love getting the ball inside. Hope this is addressed.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #215
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Tested these on real FG.

Good set. However, some feedback. The CPU hardly takes any threes. They love getting the ball inside. Hope this is addressed.
How many games have you played for a sample size?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #216
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Tested these on real FG.

The CPU was GSW in this game. tapatalk_1547746442961.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »