Home

Improving the CPU vs human players

This is a discussion on Improving the CPU vs human players within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

J.R. Spliff's Arena

OVR: 0
Improving the CPU vs human players

Slider creaters and users of this wunderful place, please ignore my bad grammars and help me figure out a problem which I am not sure how to handle it best.

Totally content with sliders I found and edited a bit, but in a MyLeague after building up some team chemistry and good moral, the games feel too easy after a while. As the team stats from the played games are nice and feel realistic, I feel like the USER FG% (not 3PT%!) might be a tad too good.

Feel like just putting up defensive consistency (for CPU) or offensive consistency down (for USER) by 5 might do the trick.
I am just worried about nerfing USER because I want it to be possible to have players hit consecutive shots in a row if they are hot for example, not always of course but sometimes, espescially if we are talking about star players. Have it at 45 right now.

Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Improving the CPU vs human players

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Spliff
Slider creaters and users of this wunderful place, please ignore my bad grammars and help me figure out a problem which I am not sure how to handle it best.

Totally content with sliders I found and edited a bit, but in a MyLeague after building up some team chemistry and good moral, the games feel too easy after a while. As the team stats from the played games are nice and feel realistic, I feel like the USER FG% (not 3PT%!) might be a tad too good.

Feel like just putting up defensive consistency (for CPU) or offensive consistency down (for USER) by 5 might do the trick.
I am just worried about nerfing USER because I want it to be possible to have players hit consecutive shots in a row if they are hot for example, not always of course but sometimes, espescially if we are talking about star players. Have it at 45 right now.

Your thoughts?
Do you think it's mostly layups that are too successful?
Old 06-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
Rookie

J.R. Spliff's Arena

Actually not, the layups feel right per se. Might be too strong inside the paint in general tho, as our main areas where USER is performing too good are
- points in paint scored (#1 and 2 in the league, though only 1 pt before CPU #3)
- FG% (#4 01 Lakers with injured Shaq at start of the season, and #6 01 Heat which were like 20th in real life)

Might be going with improved defensive consistency for USER - which steps would you recommend? 5?

Also, is there another good option since you asked about layups in specific?
Old 06-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Spliff

Your thoughts?
Ever thought about turning chemistry off?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »