Home

2nd half shenanigans by cpu

This is a discussion on 2nd half shenanigans by cpu within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2nd half shenanigans by cpu

Just a rant here

I realize now 99% of the time the cpu makes a run sometime in the 2nd half which renders you utterly powerless. I know this has been covered before by countless others but im beyond sick of this.

No matter what team it is, it'll happen. You start to miss layups and point blank shots under the basket. The CPU recovers on defense so quickly whereas the game is in its latter stages and all your players are fatigued! All throughout the game you've been attacking the basket and getting to the line but during this "vintage" run by the cpu, you don't get calls anymore!

Your comfortable lead is now gone and so predictably the cpu now starts to put your team away. I've seen it WAY too many times.

By the way I have utilized different slider sets, difficulty settings. I call timeouts like many here have advised and use my playbook. I love playing this game and have been for years now. But this year has been infuriating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2019, 01:30 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2nd half shenanigans by cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodybunz
Just a rant here

I realize now 99% of the time the cpu makes a run sometime in the 2nd half which renders you utterly powerless. I know this has been covered before by countless others but im beyond sick of this.

No matter what team it is, it'll happen. You start to miss layups and point blank shots under the basket. The CPU recovers on defense so quickly whereas the game is in its latter stages and all your players are fatigued! All throughout the game you've been attacking the basket and getting to the line but during this "vintage" run by the cpu, you don't get calls anymore!

Your comfortable lead is now gone and so predictably the cpu now starts to put your team away. I've seen it WAY too many times.

By the way I have utilized different slider sets, difficulty settings. I call timeouts like many here have advised and use my playbook. I love playing this game and have been for years now. But this year has been infuriating.
Exactly what I’m seeing as well.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

I will say. There have been times where I've understood what the CPU was doing, and how to adjust to it. Something like a manual sub, defensive setting, or offensive POE tweak.

When this happens, I can stop the run. The problem though is that most of the time I can't figure out how to react to what they're doing.

That almost kind of makes me feel better, just because I know it's POSSIBLE to stop it, and the NBA is truly a game of runs. But I'm just not good enough to figure it out. It pisses me off to no end, and I've murdered multiple controllers because of it.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well i just did 30 games with same teams on 3 different levels (pro. allstar and superstar) and it was same result every time.

CPU will shoot 60-65+ % in 3rd quarter, and sometimes in 4th also, and it's always one guy that goers berserk.

No matter what you try , double him , guard him with lockdown defenders, call timeouts , that guy will go on to score 40+ in half, with ridiculously high shot percentage.

I've tried different sliders and even placing all defensive values to max, it doesn't make absolutely any difference whatsoever.

I won some and lost some so that's not an issue, but this is no fun and doesn't bears any resemblance to real life stuff....

wth....
Old 03-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

To answer my own query , it appears that they did something with shooting in last patch that got out of hand ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiHbg31RiUE

At least i know i was not going crazy ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
To answer my own query , it appears that they did something with shooting in last patch that got out of hand ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiHbg31RiUE

At least i know i was not going crazy ...
One name,
Popboy
Try his sliders. He’s a godsend
Old 03-17-2019, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
Well i just did 30 games with same teams on 3 different levels (pro. allstar and superstar) and it was same result every time.

CPU will shoot 60-65+ % in 3rd quarter, and sometimes in 4th also, and it's always one guy that goers berserk.

No matter what you try , double him , guard him with lockdown defenders, call timeouts , that guy will go on to score 40+ in half, with ridiculously high shot percentage.

I've tried different sliders and even placing all defensive values to max, it doesn't make absolutely any difference whatsoever.

I won some and lost some so that's not an issue, but this is no fun and doesn't bears any resemblance to real life stuff....

wth....

This has been my experience too. Mine hasn’t been strictly in the 3rd quarter though. In most of the games I play there’s that one quarter that I shoot around 25-30% while the CPU shoots around 60%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #8
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

I lowered the CPU Off/def awareness & CPU Off/def consistency, that helped eliminate the crazy CPU runs for me. Actually enjoying the game now, playing with the Lakers im 5-7, so im not dominating

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »