Home

2k broke the cpu with last update?

This is a discussion on 2k broke the cpu with last update? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k broke the cpu with last update?

So when I recently started playing again a few weeks ago I was getting destroyed by every team. I thought it was because of rust, but I started a new Offline myleague and started dominating again with only a few things that changed but I’m not sure exactly what made the difference but I’ll list them so maybe someone might notice what is helping me win again:

I did the start from today league and played 2019-2020 instead of the 2018-2019 season and had a couple starting players that jumped +2-3 in their overall rating.

I fired my coach who was Low rated like C-B range and got one with A+/A-

I play with defensive consistency at 100 for both user and cpu, whereas I had offensive consistency at 100 for cpu and user at only 50, after I kept getting destroyed I bumped user offensive consistency to 100 also. This made the games a lot closer in the other league but I was still having a hard time.

These are the only 3 things I changed from the previous league and I went from being able win less than half my games to winning all but one game so far.

I’m really wondering if having a better coach made the difference. I hope someone can shed some light!
Old 05-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #18
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k broke the cpu with last update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl23
So when I recently started playing again a few weeks ago I was getting destroyed by every team. I thought it was because of rust, but I started a new Offline myleague and started dominating again with only a few things that changed but I’m not sure exactly what made the difference but I’ll list them so maybe someone might notice what is helping me win again:

I did the start from today league and played 2019-2020 instead of the 2018-2019 season and had a couple starting players that jumped +2-3 in their overall rating.

I fired my coach who was Low rated like C-B range and got one with A+/A-

I play with defensive consistency at 100 for both user and cpu, whereas I had offensive consistency at 100 for cpu and user at only 50, after I kept getting destroyed I bumped user offensive consistency to 100 also. This made the games a lot closer in the other league but I was still having a hard time.

These are the only 3 things I changed from the previous league and I went from being able win less than half my games to winning all but one game so far.

I’m really wondering if having a better coach made the difference. I hope someone can shed some light!
Coaching I'd assume would affect Team Chemistry the most. The bump in overall ratings wouldn't aid you that much in terms of winning, but it obviously wouldn't hurt.

You're biggest change would've been equalizing the "Consistency" values. Doing so, would have leveled the playing field and decreased the opposing side's intangible advantages.

The "Awareness" sliders also control this aspect of the game, but the CPU will always go on their runs no matter what; it's just how this game operates (legacy effects) regardless of ratings so don't be discouraged.

Last edited by SlimFast_GymRat; 05-26-2019 at 12:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »