Home

Game must be better this year

This is a discussion on Game must be better this year within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Game must be better this year

No one in here really hyping up their slider sets or even mentioning working on one lol 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Game must be better this year

I actually think the gameplay is in a bad place rn, but it is only week 1. I played a few games on all-star default settings, and it does not play realistic at all lol. Defense is all kinds of wack, defenders fall behind their man all the time, switch on fast breaks randomly for no reason, give up layups, a lot of major issues.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

It's always slow with 2k lol Madden sliders be up within the hour of release lol
Old 09-08-2019, 01:20 AM   #4
a goat

duce's Arena

I'm down to start some community HOF sliders. Any particular issues yall are seeing?
Old 09-08-2019, 01:35 AM   #5
Banned

Speaking of sliders, it also depends on the mode... that's what most are not disclosing until later..except a few on here. Unless someone proves otherwise, I've been getting reports that sliders affect modes uniquely for years...Play Now, MyLeague, etc. will all play different from each other, as folks report totally different experiences...from what I have noticed. By the way, interest in Play Now Sliders seem to be extremely low in the past few years/versions as most are dedicated to MyLeague now on this forum. Play Now is not so popular amongst folks on Operation Sports like it used to be...I guess because the extensive advancement of other modes and great additions such as chemistry in modes like MyLeague. I've always been a Play Now guy and have always labeled mine as Play Now - Offline - User vs Cpu for all to see, but still get questions on whether they can be used for MyLeague or another. Folks are also surprised to see something totally different regarding gameplay and other things, because we are talking two entirely different modes in these threads.

Therefore, it'd be nice for those whom are creating slider sets to mention the modes they are creating their sets for (in the Title section of threads also) so that it saves most from guessing.

Love the Community Slider Set idea. However, if it's a Community Set how do we know what mode it is for unless it is disclosed? Will it be for Play Now, MyLeague, or something else? Or will there be a unique set for each mode included on the O.P.? Thanks to anyone with an answer.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-08-2019 at 01:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 01:54 AM   #6
a goat

duce's Arena

With what I've seen regarding MyGM and considering my play style, I'd be down for heading up MyLeague Sliders. I'm hoping they transition to MyLeague Online as well, as that's where I would like to play mostly this year. Last year I was primarily Play Now Online and MyPlayer.

Maybe have a couple separate threads for Play Now and MyLeague. I always like to try the ideas brought up in the various threads, so I consider whatever made to be community-based.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:04 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
With what I've seen regarding MyGM and considering my play style, I'd be down for heading up MyLeague Sliders. I'm hoping they transition to MyLeague Online as well, as that's where I would like to play mostly this year. Last year I was primarily Play Now Online and MyPlayer.

Maybe have a couple separate threads for Play Now and MyLeague. I always like to try the ideas brought up in the various threads, so I consider whatever made to be community-based.
I have a question...do you often see a difference between online, versus offline? Because so many people report so many different things that it can be very difficult to keep track of on slider threads, due to their lack of reporting the modes they are using...example Play Now online or Play Now offline...or MyLeague online or MyLeague offline. So we end up confused until someone finally says "I'm using this mode online/offline". It happens to me all the time. Hopefully, I'm not making this too difficult to understand.

Also, I guess I have to finally try MyLeague for the first time ever this year, to see what the hype is all about lol.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-08-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:15 AM   #8
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
I have a question...do you often see a difference between online, versus offline? Because so many people report so many different things that it can be very difficult to keep track of on slider threads, due to their lack of reporting the modes they are using...example Play Now online or Play Now offline...or MyLeague online or MyLeague offline. So we end up confused until someone finally says "I'm using this mode online/offline". It happens to me all the time. Hopefully, I'm not making this too difficult to understand.

Also, I guess I have to finally try MyLeague for the first time ever this year, to see what the hype is all about lol.
The biggest difference is in lag, which I think wouldn't be so bad if 2k allows Real FG% as an option for USER/USER games in online. I've only been able to try slider effects sparingly on MyLeague online games, but they seem to be similarly effective as offline games imo. For Play Now offline, I'm usually playing against more casual players, so I can't speak too much to that difference.

And yeah, if your on PS4, my league will be open for any OS people. Offline immersion can get stale, but I have to see what the presentation is like this year too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »